PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from Lambeau Field

TomSteber
February 8th, 2011, 17:31
Just got home (after stopping for something to eat) from the big Super Bowl Celebration at Lambeau Field. It was from 4pm-5pm with fireworks after.
They only released 56,000 tickets (just the lower bowl). It was SOLD OUT!!!!!!!!!!
It's 5 degrees out with a wind chill of -15!
Only the Packers could fill a stadium with people on a work day with no game being played in temps like that. It was AWESOME! Nick Collins carried the trophy all around the stadium letting fans touch it!
In fact the whole team did "high fives" to people all the way around the field. We were in row 13 so no touching the trophy for me. But it sure looked cool. Speaking of cool, Jason Spitz (back up center/O-lineman) at one point took of his jacket and shirt and jumped into the snow and rolled around in it! LMAO He looked like a big kid!
Can't wait till next season so they can do it again!

Brett_Henderson
February 9th, 2011, 03:09
You're not old enough to remember the Lombardi era.. I was old enough to understand football for the end of it... and of course we all remember 1996/97.

Titletown got it's name as Lombardi teams ruled the NFL (5 titles over 7 years).. winning was kind of expected. Even the 96/97 season was an expected success built up over three years getting closer and closer.

This year was special.. Sure, we knew we had a good team, but the season started unravelling to injuries, and it looked pretty bad. What we've witnessed over the last 8 weeks, is the maturation of a true TEAM.. where the whole roster "gets it". Every player plays and fights for the TEAM.. they're terrified of letting each other down (insert Nitschke's famous line as he walked off the field in the Ice Bowl)..:salute:

This is an amazing time in Packer lore.. I'm happy to be wittnessing it ...