PDA

View Full Version : BC PNW Lighthouses Released

mmann
February 7th, 2011, 15:42
Uploaded to AVSIM Library and FlightSim.Com earlier today was my scenery of 18 lighthouses with their helipads. Based on real world locations in the Pacific Northwest of British Columbia, it was designed to work with Orbx's FTX NA Blue Pacific Northwest. I have posted a couple of preview shots for you. I see that AVSIM Library already has it posted, filename is bcpnwlighthouses.zip.

The day shot is of Pulteney Point Lighthouse and the night shot is of Carmanah Point Lighthouse.

Regards, Mike Mann

spotlope
February 7th, 2011, 18:14
Looking good! Thanks, Mike.

Roger
February 7th, 2011, 22:49
Yes thanks Mike:ernae:

W. Bleddyn
February 8th, 2011, 00:17
Much appreciated!

doublecool
February 8th, 2011, 01:13
Mike,
Very Nice
Thank you

mmann
February 8th, 2011, 04:17
Thanks for the kind words everyone! I noticed that the package is now up at FlightSim.com as well.

Regards, Mike Mann

W. Bleddyn
February 8th, 2011, 04:52
Excellent. I hope is has Fisgard LH. I have a good story and memory of that place, utterly inappropriate for the forums though :engel016:

mmann
February 8th, 2011, 05:13
Excellent. I hope is has Fisgard LH. I have a good story and memory of that place, utterly inappropriate for the forums though :engel016:

Unfortunately Fisgard Lighthouse is not included as it failed to meet the requirements I had set. The lighthouses had to be staffed, Fisgard is a automated. The lighthouses included had to have a helipad, Fisgard has no helipad.

Regards, Mike Mann

W. Bleddyn
February 8th, 2011, 10:10
Ah well, it is still nice to see someone making stuff for the Canadian portion of the FTX scenery. I love the OrbX stuff because.. well because I can see lol, but there have been 7 add on airports for the US, with Portland still to come and nothing in the approx. 350,000 sq\m of Canada that is included in the NA sceneries. I could drive to Concrete Mun in an hour or be at Orcas by boat in 30 min and I love that they are doing such great stuff so close to where I live. It does however make it a bit frustrating hoping they will just do one a few miles north! (I think the Bella Bellas would make a great package..) :icon_lol:

Seems I got sidetracked, again... thanks for these add ons! I think I'll take the Bird Dog and go have a look.

wallyboard
February 8th, 2011, 10:18
Thanks for this Mike. I've only caught a couple just north of Port Hardy, and it is sure nice to see those colourful rooftops. Haven't noticed any lighting though. Quality work sir!

Cheers
Larry

mmann
February 8th, 2011, 10:27
Thanks for this Mike. I've only caught a couple just north of Port Hardy, and it is sure nice to see those colourful rooftops. Haven't noticed any lighting though. Quality work sir!

Cheers
Larry

The lighting effect is the standard rotating beacon provided by Microsoft, meaning that it is time driven and not weather driven. In other words you can have the foggiest day on record, but if it isn't night the beacon won't light!

Regards, Mike Mann

spotlope
February 8th, 2011, 11:05
Ah well, it is still nice to see someone making stuff for the Canadian portion of the FTX scenery. I love the OrbX stuff because.. well because I can see lol, but there have been 7 add on airports for the US, with Portland still to come and nothing in the approx. 350,000 sq\m of Canada that is included in the NA sceneries. I could drive to Concrete Mun in an hour or be at Orcas by boat in 30 min and I love that they are doing such great stuff so close to where I live. It does however make it a bit frustrating hoping they will just do one a few miles north! (I think the Bella Bellas would make a great package..) :icon_lol:

Seems I got sidetracked, again... thanks for these add ons! I think I'll take the Bird Dog and go have a look.

Lest you think we're ignoring Canada for no good reason, let me say that I'd love to do some airports up there... the problem is, our high-detail sceneries rely on having high-quality aerial photos on which to base things. In the US, obtaining those photos is ridiculously simple, and almost always free of charge. Canada does things differently, charging some pretty hefty fees for use of aerial shots. That's why you see a lot more payware and freeware done for FTX within the States.