PDA

View Full Version : Question; a Diagnosis on FSX Gold; SP1

Lionheart
February 7th, 2011, 14:02
Hey all,

This is the second time in 3 days that customers have written in with their new Lionheart Creations planes having issues that only the SP1 Service Pack has; transparent fuselage and screen gauges not showing/working.

Normally with FSX, you download and install the SP1 Service Pack. But with these two unique individuals, they have Accelleration, and Gold Edition, which also has Accelleration built in. They have the SP1 and SP2 service packs in them already.

Now, many people are have now been found to have a corrupted SP1 Service Pack and have reloaded it and their sim is back to normal, but in this case, these two people are told that they are not to download and install the SP1 and SP2 SP's.

What do they do?

Thanks for any feedback.

Bill
LHC

Daube
February 7th, 2011, 15:00
They'll have to uninstall Acceleration first.
Then they'll be able to install the SP1 and SP2, then uninstall SP2, then reinstall Acceleration.
I had to do that for fixing a module that would not work correctly in my FSX Acceleration. After I did the above sequence, the module started to work correctly (it was SimProbe or CumulusX, I don't remember).

I'm not convinced this will solve their transparency issue, though...
Also, I fear this might cause trouble with complex payware addons... At that time I had only freeware stuff, and I has no issue at all. But I don't know if it would be the same with a complex aircraft like the VRS, or complex scenery system like OrbX...

Meshman
February 7th, 2011, 17:08
But with these two unique individuals, they have Accelleration, and Gold Edition, which also has Accelleration built in. They have the SP1 and SP2 service packs in them already.

This may be over simplifying things, But all the Gold package is are three DVDs. Two for the RTM version of FSX and an additional DVD for Acceleration. If they only use the first two disks in their install, they have FS Deluxe. If they use the third, then they are up to the Acceleration status.

I also wonder, probably needlessly, if the users may have installed all three disks and then started FSX? The common advice seen about is to install the RTM, start FSX and let it do it's indexing and what not, exit FSX and then install FSXA. Does it make a difference or should it? Dunno!:confused:

Lionheart
February 7th, 2011, 22:05
Well, as it turns out, he didnt do the 3rd Accelleration install for FSX, so that is done now and it works right for him.

Thanks gang. Much appreciated for the group feedback. Great to help people out and get them on their way.