PDA

View Full Version : Aerosoft Huey X Soundset should sound like this!

OleBoy
February 7th, 2011, 10:09
Sorry, I wish I had the mixing ability to remake the sounds that Aerosoft included in the Huey X. Because if I knew how to make new sounds, they'd sound more like this.

What do ya think everyone, do we agree?

Have a listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAz5iBMSup4

Paul K
February 7th, 2011, 10:38
I would agree, yes. The Aerosoft Huey is excellent, but the sound could do with a bit more 'whop whop'. Its one of the few aircraft that has a distinctive sound of its own, and I think they should have spent a little more time on that aspect.

First helicopter add-on I've ever bought though, and enjoying it immensely.

krazycolin
February 7th, 2011, 11:21
Nothing to say here...

OleBoy
February 7th, 2011, 11:31
Nothing to say here...

I'm guessing that's because the soundset that's in the Huey X, is the very same soundset in the Milvis. I don't have your Huey, but that's what I've been told by a few friends. File names, sounds, identical.

krazycolin
February 7th, 2011, 12:17
We asked for and got the rights for Martoni's soundset with minor mods. It's a real Huey, old style. If Aerosoft is using that one, then... well, let's just say... not cool matey's...

Tim-HH
February 7th, 2011, 12:52
If Aerosoft is using that one, then... well, let's just say... not cool matey's...

According to the credits in the manual (http://www.aerosoft2.de/downloads/hueyx/Manual_HueyX_Engl.pdf) they have also Martoni's permission to use his soundset.

Greetings
Tim

OleBoy
February 7th, 2011, 13:18
I guess I opened a can of worms. It was not directly intended is all I can say. As for the credits, I didn't read them. Though what I'm hearing is interesting. I took for granted the developer would do their own thing. Something else I learned.

None the less I'll keep my sound tweaks I've done both internally and externally to myself. No disrespect meant to anyone.

krazycolin
February 7th, 2011, 16:51
Martoni is fully within his rights to do with his stuff as he wishes. We had the rights to distribute it with our product and we did so.

That said, it is definitely the real thing.