PDA

View Full Version : Snow in fsx, how to change?

ryanbatc
December 1st, 2008, 07:59
I want to change the way snow flies within FSX. Is this possible? The current effect as you are flying is horrible, and quite annoying. I prefer the FS9 way of displaying snow and rain

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/uglysnow.jpg

Snuffy
December 1st, 2008, 09:28
Having come from the great white north, driving in a major snow storm looks just like your screen shot.

Take any dark night when its snowing heavily and drive in it. Anyone that's driven in the snow will tell you ... thats a correct rendering of the snow.

Pepere
December 1st, 2008, 14:01
Yep! That's it :mixedsmi:

David (A Vermonter)

bkeske
December 1st, 2008, 14:32
Well, I live in a 'snow belt' as well, and the snow does not 'shoot' at you in the 'vortex' that FSX simulates. Especially when the 'vortex' is 25+ feet above you.

I agree with Ryan, this effect in FSX is terrible.

yago9
December 1st, 2008, 14:36
yep,rain and snow sucks big time in FX..just horrible.

BananaBob
December 1st, 2008, 14:41
I never fly in either because of how disappointing they are plus the lack of effects to windshield really spoil the experience, shame on you MS, shame, shame, LOL :mixedsmi:

CodyValkyrie
December 1st, 2008, 15:27
What pisses me off mostly is not so much the snow passing the plane, but rather how it falls when you are NOT flying. Snow as compared to FS2004 falls like rain. It looks like crap.

Pepere
December 1st, 2008, 16:14
Yep! Crap :bs: we have that too in Vermont! but I've never seen a cow comming at me that way or the carp from it! :costumes::costumes::costumes:

The worse thing in either FS9 or FSX is when it is raining/snowing and there is no clouds above you. :icon_lol:

David

MudMarine
December 1st, 2008, 17:13
Add in the dizzy:isadizzy: effect you get from mins/hours of driving/flying in that white crap......now that's realism!

pointy31
December 1st, 2008, 17:19
Snow? What is snow???........:costumes:

Thoe6969
December 2nd, 2008, 06:55
Snow? What is snow???........:costumes: Come on up and stay with me for a few days and I'll introduce you to some.:costumes:

mike_cyul
December 2nd, 2008, 10:11
I have to agree that there is something not quite right about the snow and rain in FSX (flakes and drop are too big), but having actually flown through snow flurries many time in real life, that sense of flying down a tunnel is pretty accurate. Should come strait at you, though.

No snow in the attached pic, but note the skis! Just threw this in for nostalgia's sake. Flew in all sorts of terrible weather, that Challenger was a great little plane. That's me in there, with a buddy in close formation. :d

Mike

bkeske
December 2nd, 2008, 10:26
Should come strait at you, though.Mike

If it did, it would probably seem much more realistic. That seems to be the biggest problem.....where it is coming from.