PDA

View Full Version : Start from scratch

flamingskull
February 5th, 2011, 10:54
Well I trashed my old ETO and downloaded ETO1.20 with no problems except...... how do you launch it? there's no icon created or an exe. file.....

grizzly50
February 5th, 2011, 11:21
:kilroy:Flamingskull, make sure you have completely deleted you ETO install.

This includes the two folders found in the Application Data and My Documents folders.

If you had followed ETO installation instructions properly, the two folders you will be looking for will both be named CFS3 ETO Expansion_________.

To find XP Application Data folder, open your Windows XP browser and look for the Tools tab at the top. Click on it and look for Folder Options. Click the View tab and look for “Hidden files and folders”. Make sure “Show hidden files and folders” is checked. While you’re here, also make sure that “Hide extensions for known file types” is unchecked.

For the Application Data folder normally found in XP: C:\Documents and Settings\User Name (Your Name)\Application Data/Microsoft

For Vista and Windows 7: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft

For the My Documents folder XP: C:\Documents and Settings\User Name (Your Name)\My Documents

For the My Documents folder in Vista and windows 7: C:\Users\\Documents

For seeing hidden files and folders, and revealing file-name extentions in Vista and Windows 7:
Open a folder, say My Documents. At top left click on Organize and then Folder and Search Options. Click on View and you will find both selections in the list.

To properly reinstall ETO, you need all parts, that is, ETO 1.0, ETO 1.20 and ETO 1.40. The ETO Start icon you are looking for is in ETO 1.0.

You MUST have ETO 1.0 installed, or any further Updates will be useless.

Hope this helps.:d

flamingskull
February 5th, 2011, 11:55
Yep, got ahead of myself there, downloading 1.0 now, thanks Griz!