PDA

View Full Version : BAC Lightning (AS) - FSX

merida72
February 5th, 2011, 09:40
Hello everyone...

someone can tell me where are located the landing lights in the BAC Lighting?

:bump:

delta558
February 5th, 2011, 15:08
3039430393 they're near the top of the main undercarriage leg

merida72
February 6th, 2011, 01:57
thanks a lot ...

another question:

right lights taxi and left landing lights or both landing?

Thank you in advance

delta558
February 6th, 2011, 09:35
Okay, I'm beginning to doubt myself here - I have the schematic of the port Undercarriage leg which references it as 'Taxying Lamp'. The photograph shows the starboard lamp lit and yet I cannot find a specific reference to 'landing lamp'. Let me do a bit more digging.

paulb
February 6th, 2011, 11:40
From memory, I thought that they were both the same thing - ie taxi (landing) lights? One on the port U/C and one on the starboard U/C. Both controlled by a single on/off switch.

delta558
February 6th, 2011, 13:52
That's the conclusion I'm coming to - there is no reference to landing lights in my schematics, only 'taxying lights'. I've found references to 'landing lights' only as captions to photographs, so am unwilling to admit that as evidence. From the cockpit diagrams, there is reference only to a 'taxy light' switch (forward outer of the right side panel). Therefore, I would say that with the evidence available it's a combined landing / taxi lamp. And from the various photos and the fact that there is only one switch, it's either both sides on or both sides off.