PDA

View Full Version : P-51b by alain95 - no reticle?

slim1
February 5th, 2011, 08:44
I installed the P-51b in MAW, I copied everyyhing that was supposed to go in the aircraft and pylon folders, and I even copied the reticle.dds files from the main CFS 3 folder, an it still doesn't show up in the cockpit. Any ideas anyone? :isadizzy:

wsmwsm
February 5th, 2011, 09:50
Did you copy the P51B shared file, too?

slim1
February 5th, 2011, 10:17
Yes, everything that would suggest a gunsight/

ndicki
February 5th, 2011, 11:17
It needs reticle_US.dds if its the same as the ones I've got of his. I think it's a stock file, but run a search to see anyway.

slim1
February 5th, 2011, 11:39
I copied the reticle_US.dds, an I put it in the P-51B shared folder, the shared folder, even in the main P-51b model folder and it still doesn't show.

Old Tiger
February 5th, 2011, 11:55
I copied the reticle_US.dds, an I put it in the P-51B shared folder, the shared folder, even in the main P-51b model folder and it still doesn't show.

:wavey:Same thing here. Tried all those things, No reticle.

wsmwsm
February 5th, 2011, 12:19
If you are talking about the most recent P51B (RAF), the reticle appears for me. Can't figure out why you are not able to see it. And it is reticle_us.dds which, in MAW, is found in aircraft/shared/DR_gunsights.

slim1
February 5th, 2011, 13:21
Well, I found ndicki's Mustang MkIII from awhile back and installed it in MAW, and everything shows up fine. I just can't figure it out.

Old Tiger
February 5th, 2011, 16:52
:wavey:Most of my p51bs look like this, I do have the reticle_US.dds in place, still no gunsight. My stock p51b it shows up. :isadizzy:Beats me

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/misc/pencil.png

ndicki
February 6th, 2011, 00:29
Open the cockpit m3d with a hex editor and search (text thread) for .dds - that will tell you the names of the files you need. The reticle will be among them.

Edit: I've just checked mine - test flown them in my North-West Europe install, and they are fine, reticle and all. As the platform for MAW is still CFS3, if they work in one they will work in the other. Where you put your texture files in each install, by the way, is utterly immaterial. If you put your reticle_us.dds into CFS3/missions, it'll still find it and use it, so if I were you, I'd remove all copies of reticle_us.dds from your MAW install, and place ONE copy that you've taken from your basic CFS3.1a (or wherever the Mustang DOES work) into CFS3 Mediterranean Air War\aircraft\shared\DR_gunsights, which is at least somewhere where you'll be able to find it easily.

slim1
February 6th, 2011, 09:01
Well, I narrowed mine down to this. When I go to Quick Combat and start at 10,000 ft., It's there. But when I go to Free Flight at runway start, it's not. All well :isadizzy:

ndicki
February 6th, 2011, 10:25
It comes on once your undercart is unlocked and moving up.

Old Tiger
February 6th, 2011, 10:43
It comes on once your undercart is unlocked and moving up.

:salute:Yer right ndicki. Just found that out after reading post by slim1.:ernae:Ya learn someten new everyday.

FAFL342Pascal
February 6th, 2011, 10:51
you mean the yellow hud in virtual cockpit ?

FAFL342Pascal
February 6th, 2011, 14:56
another different reticle ... (at the end of te video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvSYlDYccZA

alain95
February 6th, 2011, 23:15
I wasn't at SOH until today, there can be an explanation for this :On the Kerry's model the reticle only appears when the landing gears are up !

PS : On the last RAF P-51B (249Sq GN-V) I missed the Landing light in the texture, there will be a fix with the next upload...

Best regards