PDA

View Full Version : Weapon for FSX

merida72
February 4th, 2011, 08:54
and after VRS, here is another package coming ...

http://www.captainsim.com/products/w001/

:isadizzy:

Tako_Kichi
February 4th, 2011, 08:58
Very interesting!

Warrant
February 4th, 2011, 09:22
Got it! Thanks for the H/U :salute:

Off shooting stuff :-)

YoYo
February 4th, 2011, 09:55
Yes, project is very interesting and AI. See this sentences:

Military sceneries
Military traffic sceneries add AI military aircraft operations on the following ten areas of the world:

1. Iraq (90-00-s)
2. Yugoslavia (90-s)
3. Afganistan (80-s)
4. Germany (80-s)
5. Western Europe (80-s)
6. Eastern Europe, USSR (70-s)
7. Middle East (60-70-s)
8. Vietnam (60-s, Vietnam war)
9. Korea (50-s, Korean war)
10. Far East (40-s, WWII, 'Ramp Tramp')

The following nineteen military AI aircraft models included:
MiG-21, MiG-25, An-12, Tu-95, Tu-16, Mi-6, IL-76, IL-28, MiG-17, F-16, F-4, B-52, B-2, C-130, Mirage III, B-29, U-2, F-14, F-86.

See User's Manual for details.

Comes with a training flight with F-4 at 12 o'clock.

cortomalteseit
February 4th, 2011, 09:57
Very good news!
many projects all around the world... let's see which one will be the first!
:jump:

Lewis-A2A
February 4th, 2011, 10:17
interesting they mention 40's ww2 but there weapon list only has modern examples?

Anyway even if it is just the jet jockey stuff, still so long as MP is supported, its going to be alot of fun!

Kowalski65
February 4th, 2011, 10:19
According to the website, it's already available now for 15 Euros (introductory price)

Soo tempted-I'll peruse the manual 1st

kilo delta
February 4th, 2011, 10:33
If the Ai are fsx native Soviet hardware (which they surely are)....then I'm definitely in! :)

IanP
February 4th, 2011, 10:42
I've been given this to review for simFlight and just checked a couple of the "intruder" models... They are indeed MDLX. :)

Ian P.

kilo delta
February 4th, 2011, 10:53
I've been given this to review for simFlight and just checked a couple of the "intruder" models... They are indeed MDLX. :)

Ian P.

To quote the old yellow man with liver spots on his head....

EXCELLENT!!!! :d

Any sneak peeks to the review? My fingers hovering over the "Purchase" button ;) :)

Edit: Actually....scratch that. It's worth the €14.99 for the "native" AI alone. Purchased! :)

Mathias
February 4th, 2011, 10:56
Took the plunge and got it.
Sounds too good not to have.
We'll see how it turns out. :-)

kilo delta
February 4th, 2011, 10:58
Sounds too good not to have.

My feelings entirely :)

Kiwikat
February 4th, 2011, 11:09
Am I the only one who doesn't want to shoot things down in MSFS?

flyer01
February 4th, 2011, 11:10
Someone make a video of this when you can.

I would like to see the guns take down a plane.

flyer01:salute:

Bone
February 4th, 2011, 11:11
There's an AI B-29, but no B-17. You'd think since there is no B-29 for FSX, and there are two B-17 models by different vendors, that it would have made more sense to have an AI B-17.

IanP
February 4th, 2011, 11:20
1) kiwikat: Me. It's a civilian sim and one of its primary selling points is that it is one of very few games on the market that doesn't involve killing things. But it's going to happen and if someone asks me to review something that includes weapons, then I will give it a fair review.

2) Bone: There are some Korean War models there - a number in fact - but it isn't a WW2 combat sim. The only MG in the current set is an M60C, the aerial equivalent of the Pig. While it may be a similar calibre to British and German WW2 MGs, at least, it is simulating a modern gun.

I need to do a lot more research here before writing a word of a review, but you can't just buy this and stick it willy-nilly onto any aircraft. My A2A WW2F Spitfire currently has six Sidewinders, four Sparrows, four HARMs and sundry other stuff. Getting rid of them and adding more M60s, without a GUI, will require a lot of xml editing. An e-mail to CS will shortly be leaving my desktop.

Ian P.

kilo delta
February 4th, 2011, 11:21
There's an AI B-29, but no B-17. You'd think since there is no B-29 for FSX, and there are two B-17 models by different vendors, that it would have made more sense to have an AI B-17.

With my eyesight...even a C150 looks like a B17! :(

:D :d

Bone
February 4th, 2011, 11:27
An e-mail to CS will shortly be leaving my desktop.

Ian P.

Could you put in an order for AI B-17's?

With my eyesight...even a C150 looks like a B17! :(

:D :d

We can get you help, you know, lol.

wilycoyote4
February 4th, 2011, 11:34
Depends, of course, and there are better combat sims such as Lockon Flaming Cliffs 2 Platinum and DCS A-10C is in beta but very near completion.

However, SAM may not be in this new FSX product.

Any one know?

kilo delta
February 4th, 2011, 11:35
We can get you help, you know, lol.

My wife will be delighted to hear that! :icon_lol:

...ohh...wait you mean my eyesight...don't you? :blind::ernae:

kilo delta
February 4th, 2011, 11:39
Depends, of course, and there are better combat sims such as Lockon Flaming Cliffs 2 Platinum and DCS A-10C is in beta but very near completion.

However, SAM may not be in this new FSX product.

Any one know?

True...but can you rid the pattern of cessnas and pipers at your own local field in Lockon Flaming Cliffs 2 Platinum and DCS A-10C when the ATC invariably screws up? :d

IanP
February 4th, 2011, 11:43
Could you put in an order for AI B-17's?

No. Mainly because the e-mail has already gone. :P

From what the manual and product page say, development of this will continue based on how well it sells. Right now it doesn't include free fall bombs, for instance, which would be kind of essential for WW2 combat operations. It is primarily a modern day, guided weapon, environment at the moment.

I have a couple of other issues with it as a piece of software even from this very early look, but it looks perfectly usable in the environment it is intended to work in. We do, however, need something suited to Sparrows and Sidewinders for best effect. Such as a Phantom or Starf....

LEWIS!!!! I WANT TO TALK TO YOU!!! :d

Ian P.

Roger
February 4th, 2011, 11:47

Nope...well maybe now and then:costum:

BOOM
February 4th, 2011, 11:49
Can you use Air to Air Weapons anywhere in free flight? Or do you need to be in a designated area?

THX

IanP
February 4th, 2011, 11:58
I'm going to stop hogging this thread in a second and go away. However you can use it anywhere. I just took off from a not-quite random location (NSAWC Fallon) in the "weaponised" default Accel F/A-18, and shot down four random passing AI jets (which is one of the problems I have should something like this ever make it into FS multiplayer...)

Having said that, the following screenshots show the results of two missile attacks on shut down, non-active, AI jets at a different airport. The weapons used to take out these non-radar emitting targets were AGM-88 HARMs. Not entirely sure that's accurate. And I couldn't destroy a building, no matter how much ammunition I pumped into it. So no, this still isn't turning FSX into a CFS, it's basically a "you versus the AI only" weapons simulation.

Ian P.

Warrant
February 4th, 2011, 12:00

You don't have to purchase it, LOL

Off shooting stuff again :wavey:

Lewis-A2A
February 4th, 2011, 12:06
I am going to hold off for a little bit personally, at least until the MP guys check in with how it is (A blast pardon the pun i expect) also interesting to see how easy it is to add to existing aircraft.

Flying our Spit MkV against Mathais 190 would be interesting, it was the spit V killer afterall hehe

Tako_Kichi
February 4th, 2011, 12:12
I am going to hold off for a little bit personally, at least until the MP guys check in with how it is
According to the CS website and the manual I downloaded there is NO MP facility at the present time. It was mentioned that it may be possible to add this later if there is enough interest (i.e. sales) in the current package.

Bjoern
February 4th, 2011, 12:15
Spending money for native Warsaw Pact AI aircraft?

Meh, nah.

No. I'm a MSFS pacifist, too.

Well, at least the "I want weapons in FSX!!!!" fraction is finally silenced.

The weapons used to take out these non-radar emitting targets were AGM-88 HARMs.

No chance that would have worked in real life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGM-88

Warrant
February 4th, 2011, 12:24
Well, at least the "I want weapons in FSX!!!!" fraction is finally silenced.

Nope!

I am a MSFS (and in general) anti-pacifist! :salute:

empeck
February 4th, 2011, 12:28
It's interesting. I think TacPack will be much superior product with fully supported SuperHornet and multiplayer support, but CaptainSim's solution is already out. I don't want weapons in FSX, I'd love to see CFS4 based on Flight's engine with open architecture, good SDK, and whole planet to fly. Until then, I'll stick with FSX and combat addons like this or TackPack. All combat sims includes small maps only. That's why I'll buy TacPack - if I want to fly a combat mission over Iraq, it will be relatively easy to do. Want to fly over Korea? No problem. B-17 and flight over Europe? The map is already there. Just give me an AI that can fire back, some AAA, and I'm happy. With multiplayer support it would possible to make a dogfight between many available aircrafts. Ultimate combat sandbox.

gera
February 4th, 2011, 12:38
This sounds as if can start making some pretty interesting MIssions!!!!!!!, but WW2 stuff is of outmost importance...will check it our tonight with a glass of good old Italian wine.....

Lewis-A2A
February 4th, 2011, 12:41
According to the CS website and the manual I downloaded there is NO MP facility at the present time. It was mentioned that it may be possible to add this later if there is enough interest (i.e. sales) in the current package.

Damn I was hoping to take you down Laz-bod!

Bjoern
February 4th, 2011, 12:42
Nope!

I am a MSFS (and in general) anti-pacifist! :salute:

It's not that I'm not a fan of stuff that goes "boom", but MSFS has always been kind of a sanctuary in that regard, a place wher e you can take a fighter or bomber up in the air without having to attack something or being in danger of getting shot down.

I've got other, better sims for that. Sims in which I can make a difference in a conflict and not just fly around and shoot at stuff for effects and giggles.

Dave Torkington
February 4th, 2011, 12:47
Weapons are ordered - ready when you are Cap Sim... I wish they'd have given a bit of notice, I can't take too much excitement at once :salute:

Warrant
February 4th, 2011, 12:55
It's not that I'm not a fan of stuff that goes "boom", but MSFS has always been kind of a sanctuary in that regard, a place wher e you can take a fighter or bomber up in the air without having to attack something or being in danger of getting shot down.

I've got other, better sims for that. Sims in which I can make a difference in a conflict and not just fly around and shoot at stuff for effects and giggles.

I'm in favour of good sims where i can fight in scenario's as well. But i also like a nice add-on for MSFS were i don't have to check my six every second and can blow something up just for giggles. Good thing is, i now have the oppurtunity to do it in just zero and one language. Something people in the real world should become acquainted with as well. Would make my kind of job a lot easier, but also more rare. Sad thing (IMHO) is that Western nations make my kind of work more rare anyway, unheeded a bright clear view of the situation our nice place to live is currently situated in between the rest of nations.
Nevertheless; this CS add-on is more then welcome on my puter. Can't wait for CFS4 (if ever released).

strykerpsg
February 4th, 2011, 12:59
Wow! This came out of no where! I am so pissed that I am stuck in a hotel waiting for my house deal to close and household goods are in storage until then..............where is the justice? Can't wait to try all of these add ons.

Matt

IanP
February 4th, 2011, 12:59
As has already been said, FSX still remains a sanctuary for non-combat flight for those that want it. You do not have to install this - or tacpack. Indeed you have to pay money to add the functionality. Don't spend the money, don't click install, your sim stays safe and civilian.

As I said before, my fear is when this functionality hits multiplayer. Then we have teh kidd13z with thehr u83r5n1p3r skillz flying around shooting down 747s flown by people who just want a peaceful life, "coz itz fun an u r sad 4 not doin it". As long as it stays only on the PCs of those who want it, I have no real problem with it.

That said, this is still quite an early incarnation of what is required. Lewis has found the SDK documentation for me (thanks Lewis!) and... it didn't help me at all, trying to add weapons to a different aircraft. I had to hack through the XML code by hand and I hope I haven't deleted something critical. I then still need to zero the guns, even if this works.

As Bjoern says, though. There's nothing gained by doing this at the moment, other than making AI aircraft vanish.

P.S. I broke the XML. The guns I just painstakingly edited in don't work. :173go1:

Ian P.

CodyValkyrie
February 4th, 2011, 13:08
As I said before, my fear is when this functionality hits multiplayer. Then we have teh kidd13z with thehr u83r5n1p3r skillz flying around shooting down 747s flown by people who just want a peaceful life, "coz itz fun an u r sad 4 not doin it". As long as it stays only on the PCs of those who want it, I have no real problem with it.

Ian, what you said will not happen with the TacPack. The systems will only be active for people who wish to engage in multiplayer combat by OWNING the package. I cannot speak for Captain Sim.

Furthermore, the VRS system will not require a special HUD. If designers wish, they just need to implement the VRS system with their OWN aircraft systems, rather than replace their work with this.... therefor an F-16 wouldn't have some hacked up HUD, it would have an F-16 HUD that works with VRS, or however they to make it.

gera
February 4th, 2011, 13:09
I tend to agree that if this catches on the peace of the Sim will be in jeopardy. I just read the manual...not very well written for my taste..No, gera will keep away from it at present..:gameoff:

IanP
February 4th, 2011, 13:18
I wasn't intending to imply that it would happen with the Tacpack, Cody. Apologies if it came across that way.

However, if the "the sim should contain combat by default" types get their way then three things happen:

1) Parents stop buying the sim for their kids because it is "just another killing game" (I know a lot of parents and they DO think this). Even if one kid gets interested in aviation who would otherwise be playing yetanotherDoomclone, then that "U" certificate has worked. You put guns in, that "U" becomes a 12 or more likely a 15, possibly even an 18, cert in most of the world.

2) Teh kidz will shoot down everyone. I was playing World of Tanks not too long ago and there were a number of people blowing up the tanks on their own side "for the lulz!" It ruins everyone else's fun, but they're having it, so who cares?

3) The combat becomes more important than the flight. Resources are spent doing complex damage monitoring, tracing missiles, bullets, ammo states, wounds, drawing smoke, etc. that would otherwise be better spent on simulating flight and the world you are flying in.

This doesn't bother me in that respect. The Tacpack doesn't right now, because apart from anything else, don't both sides in a fight have to have Tacpack installed? So if I don't and you do, what you do to me in your sim won't have any effect on me (unless you ram me and I have damage turned on... ;))

I found the missing line that I had deleted in the XML. Off to test again, then off to bed, because I'm starting to hurt again and that makes me grumpy. :salute:

Cheers,

Ian P.

Warrant
February 4th, 2011, 13:29
As has already been said, FSX still remains a sanctuary for non-combat flight for those that want it. You do not have to install this - or tacpack. Indeed you have to pay money to add the functionality. Don't spend the money, don't click install, your sim stays safe and civilian.

That said, this is still quite an early incarnation of what is required. Lewis has found the SDK documentation for me (thanks Lewis!) and... it didn't help me at all, trying to add weapons to a different aircraft. I had to hack through the XML code by hand and I hope I haven't deleted something critical. I then still need to zero the guns, even if this works.

As Bjoern says, though. There's nothing gained by doing this at the moment, other than making AI aircraft vanish.

P.S. I broke the XML. The guns I just painstakingly edited in don't work. :173go1:

Ian P.

Allmost looks like a "don't smoke" commercial.

FSX (and the versions prior to FSX) are peacefull simulators. However; there is a group of people that would like to have the oppurtunity to shoot and bomb stuff in the peace-time simulator. Simply due to the fact it will be the single and only place where people actually can shoot down a 747, or a Cessna 172 or whatever.... People can fantasize about being an air police pilot engaging a rogue tube between all other civil traffic. People can hunt down an imaginary illegal nuclear transport to any state they don't want it to land, etc, etc......

Let them be, please don't advertise stuff like "..Don't spend the money, don't click install, your sim stays safe and civilian..".
That's for people to decide by themselves.

As for the online community: Just a matter of parameters and rules to block/prevent shooting down civil airliners, right?
People that want to shoot each other will most likely create their own places to do their thing.

Probably already noticed: i'm in favour of shooting ability for FSX

Off shooting things again :jump:

empeck
February 4th, 2011, 13:33
Bought it, weapons are quite nice, they are working, but it's too generic at the moment. There is some potential, I hope they'll add multiplayer support and aggressive AI in the future. Right now I think TacPack will be much better solution for combat in FSX.

Collimated HUD in F/A-18 doesn't work with TrackIR.

big-mike
February 4th, 2011, 13:35
I must admit,Ian is right.
I will never buy such an Addon,it`s a "Flight Simulator" and not a "Fight Simulator" for me.
I love the old WW2 aircraft,but only the tech behind them.
Iīm really not interested in shooting around with them and throw bombs over cities.
Remember,how Dresden was completely destroyed in WW2 and such things are
absolutely not funny.Cannot understand how anybody could have fun with such things.
Therefore are the Combat Sims,but not FSX or FS9.
My 2cents.
Michael

YoYo
February 4th, 2011, 13:39
Example of adding of weapons:

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6599/nowy2h.jpg

CodyValkyrie
February 4th, 2011, 13:40
Saw this on the VRS forum from a user named Radam:

i second that.
i was probably the first costumer for the weapon pack from cs, and heres my review:

weapon pack from CS is nothing but a 2d panel, a reworked f-18 HUD gauge, flying missiles (that only appear when you fire them), and exploding low-res military AI.

i think they used all the hype tacpack caused to promote a similar product that doesnt compare in quality.

pros:
-military AI on some areas, wich can explode when you hit them
-perhaps SDK can make things a little better and add better integration

cons:
-2d panels (could accept for a fs2004 or older add on, but not for fsx, cmon
-missiles arent visible under any airplane wings
-no integration with hornet radar or SMS
-no integration with CS hornet aswell (even with their own loadout!)
-manual lacks information
-no screenshot or real information about the product so the consumer wont have any "surprises" after purchasing (like i did)
-cant use their exploding animations (best thing from the pack) with VRS missiles
-you can have similar better quality freeware addons for the acceleration hornet.

<< unsatisfied CS costumer, probably gonna request a refund.

kilo delta
February 4th, 2011, 13:42
Simply due to the fact it will be the single and only place where people actually can shoot down a 747, or a Cessna 172 or whatever.... People can fantasize about being an air police pilot engaging a rogue tube between all other civil traffic. People can hunt down an imaginary illegal nuclear transport to any state they don't want it to land, etc, etc......

I'm thinking Piglet's Super Tucano in South American livery taking out drug runners! Or maybe anti-pirate ops on the high seas!

Gera...make it happen!!!!! ;p :)

Warrant
February 4th, 2011, 13:48
I'm thinking Piglet's Super Tucano in South American livery taking out drug runners! Or maybe anti-pirate ops on the high seas!

Gera...make it happen!!!!! ;p :)

Yeeeehaah, second that! :salute::ernae:

empeck
February 4th, 2011, 13:49
Saw this on the VRS forum from a user named Radam:

My feelings as well.

kilo delta
February 4th, 2011, 13:59
My feelings as well.

Where's the face palm icon......I'm suffering buyer's remorse already. It'll be Sunday before I get a chance to install this. :(

Can someone post up some pics of the AI? Just how low res are they?

Warrant
February 4th, 2011, 14:00
I must admit,Ian is right.
I will never buy such an Addon,it`s a "Flight Simulator" and not a "Fight Simulator" for me.
I love the old WW2 aircraft,but only the tech behind them.
Iīm really not interested in shooting around with them and throw bombs over cities.
absolutely not funny.Cannot understand how anybody could have fun with such things.
My 2cents.
Michael

That's your opinion, and your choice (which i respect). That's why packages like CS offers just an "add-on".
Your Dresden example however is a subject not relevant to this discussion IMHO

Add-ons like this give the oppurtunity to fire gun's and missiles, other will allow you to drop bombs. So what? Besides missions it will be just free flights with the ability to shoot something....virtually! Just bits and bites, installed by freedom of choice. If you want people to remember Dresden, make a comment against repaints of bombers that attended that particular bombardment! Not the add-on ability to shoot stuff!

Again people, all are free to purchase and install......or not!

I purchased, installed, and again off to shoot stuff

:jump:

empeck
February 4th, 2011, 14:01
Note to myself - ignore the hype, wait for customer reviews.

empeck
February 4th, 2011, 14:30
It's me again.

DO NOT BUY THIS CRAP.

I asked for refund on CaptainSim's forums. My post has been removed, and my ask ignored.

I will never buy anything from them. Never.

Kiwikat
February 4th, 2011, 14:34
It's me again.

DO NOT BUY THIS CRAP.

I asked for refund on CaptainSim's forums. My post has been removed, and my ask ignored.

I will never buy anything from they. Never.

Note CS doesn't stand for Customer Support...

I'll be voting with my wallet. The 707 was ridiculous. The 727 and 757 remain buggy. Even the C-130 still has a handful of irritating bugs. It is the developer's choice to run their business the way they want, but I'm certainly not impressed. I'll stick with the companies that regularly provide something other than eye candy.

crashaz
February 4th, 2011, 14:39
Well the "pacifists" group has spoken but a ton of us here grew up with reading about WW2.

The whole rotten kid argument going around and blowing people out of the skies...... is one part of the argument.

Multplayer concerns to address these issues for these "combat addons":
If you dont have it installed.... you cannot be shot down.
If you have it installed you can still have a switch to disable/enable combat...

Should address concerns...

Yes we all are interested in Warbird tech.... but some of us also like to test our skills versus others or the history of the event. Man and machine... good vs evil... it's all there in real life.... and is evident in human history.

That does not make us "bad people".

People that point out that there are "other sims for that". Can they point out a WW2 combat simulation that uses the current state of the art? A sim that will allow you to build a theater anywhere in the world in any time period?

No didn't think so.

So don't go around pointing fingers about bombing Dresden or firebombing B-29 raids. Bad argument.

YoYo
February 4th, 2011, 14:40
Where's the face palm icon......I'm suffering buyer's remorse already. It'll be Sunday before I get a chance to install this. :(

Can someone post up some pics of the AI? Just how low res are they?

Here is a pic of AI (Korean war). Not very detailed, but remember, if is too many AI models with more details - Your FPS will be on poor level ...

Direct: http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6817/73596987.jpg
http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/8681/39848271.jpg

kilo delta
February 4th, 2011, 14:44
Here is a pic of AI (Korean war). Not very detailed, but remember, if is too many AI models with more details - Your FPS will be on poor level ...

Direct: http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6817/73596987.jpg
http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/8681/39848271.jpg

Thanks YoYo :wavey:

Dave Torkington
February 4th, 2011, 15:03
For 15 Euro's, I'm a very happy customer... Ok, it's a functional addon rather than true to life, so I'll certainly be purchasing the VRS kit too when it comes along. Great job Cap Sim :salute:

YoYo
February 4th, 2011, 15:13
For me AI looks ok, not very detailed but for FPS reasons is OK. Only I dont like this strange insignia on airplanes :D
I dont know why it looks like this, no normal & historical marking.

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/8159/75634491.jpg

IanP
February 4th, 2011, 15:21
Here's the MiG21, seen in ModelConverterX.

I actually think this and tacpack are heading down the right road, as I already said. Those who want combat can have it, those who don't are unaffected by it.

I'll say it again until people stop accusing me of saying anything else. I only have a problem with combat in FSX if it is forced upon all users whether they want it or not, or if it stops the application being available to people of all ages.

Clear enough?

Ian P.
(Who still can't get these guns to work. Note for review: the documentation could be a lot better.)

Bone
February 4th, 2011, 15:42
My 2cents.
Michael

I understand what you're trying to say, and Dresden can be a touchy subject for someone from Germany, but I think you might have stretched it a little too far. I'm interested in having an AI B-17 for the same reason I'm interested in having any other addon, and having some fake cyber bombs to go along with it doesn't make me a heartless sadist. I do have a very large FSX 8th Air Force bomber formation that I run every so often, and it goes from Basingbourne to St. Nazaire and back. St. Nazaire was a very large U-Boat base, and that's what I go for in the simulation. I have my B-17 modified to drop a few bombs, and I just like to see if I can hit the target. I have guns that I target shoot with in real life, and again, I just like to hit the target.

Mathias
February 4th, 2011, 15:54
Flying our Spit MkV against Mathais 190 would be interesting, it was the spit V killer afterall hehe

Bring on the goods, Lewis!
I'm dying for a good Mk V v. A-2 comparison ever since.
For the time being I'm downing Fork Tail Devils. Kevin, accept my appologies. :-)

http://www.classics-hangar.de/privat/guns_01.jpg

http://www.classics-hangar.de/privat/guns_02.jpg

flyer01
February 4th, 2011, 18:38
Bring on the goods, Lewis!
I'm dying for a good Mk V v. A-2 comparison ever since.
For the time being I'm downing Fork Tail Devils. Kevin, accept my appologies. :-)

http://www.classics-hangar.de/privat/guns_01.jpg

http://www.classics-hangar.de/privat/guns_02.jpg

Mathias did you shoot him down with guns or a missile?

flyer01
February 4th, 2011, 19:54
Has any one tried adding this to a boat or any other drivable?

Ground to Air from a boat. Cool!

If you can. The sandbox will be wide open.

And FSX will be a combat sim for the one's that want that.

icarus
February 4th, 2011, 21:48
now microsoft can make msfligt i will rest with fsx...fantastic notice, imagine what can do people with cfs experience now

Paul K
February 4th, 2011, 23:30

You are not alone. I'll keep MSFS for civilian flying and use purpose-built sims like Falcon4:AF and Olegs's upcoming BoB sim for my combat jollies.

hairyspin
February 5th, 2011, 01:19
now microsoft can make msfligt i will rest with fsx...fantastic notice, imagine what can do people with cfs experience now

You can be sure we're watching developments...

Mathias
February 5th, 2011, 01:38
Mathias did you shoot him down with guns or a missile?

With guns. I should explain a little though about those screenshots:
In my excitement I did a very quick and dirty recording with FS Recorder and just forgot to start the second engine on the P-38, so the dead engine is not a result of battle damage.
The explosion comes from the P-38 but at the moment the second screenshot was taken it was allready some feet aft of the plane somewhere in midair so it's not from the engine either, even though it may look so in the shot.
I didn't keep FSX open long enough to watch him going down.

flyer01
February 5th, 2011, 03:07
Is anyone having trouble with the sound of the gun's staying on after the trigger is released?

flyer01

YoYo
February 5th, 2011, 03:09
I did a very quick and dirty recording with FS Recorder
Always good option for nice screenshots and as we can see - for combat tranings :).

LouP
February 5th, 2011, 05:49

No, but better get some guns for your Cessna lmao

LouP

YoYo
February 5th, 2011, 07:43
The following attack on unguided rockets F9F. Of course, then there are explosions (just a pity that not long smoke rises).

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/6113/f9fvertigo21.jpg

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/8552/f9fvertigo22.jpg

Bjoern
February 5th, 2011, 11:46
Can they point out a WW2 combat simulation that uses the current state of the art?

IL-2 with mods still goes strong. I'm having as much fun as ever 109'ing around.

As for sandbox combat sims: Strike Fighters.

Today, you're clusterbombing the Fulda Gap and tomorrow, you're doing interceptions of the cold arctic waters while yesterday, you were saving Guadalcanal from "Kawaii!!!" attacks.

empeck
February 5th, 2011, 12:19
IL-2 with mods still goes strong. I'm having as much fun as ever 109'ing around.

As for sandbox combat sims: Strike Fighters.

None of them include as much fidelity as I would like. There are three combat simulators with depth that satisfy my needs - Falcon and two DCS titles. While dynamic campaign would be nice addition, I prefer to operate a combat aircraft simulation than have good campaign and arcade-like planes. That's why I'd like to have a combat subsystems in FSX - I don't think anyone will make a dedicated SuperHornet combat sim soon.

warchild
February 5th, 2011, 13:12
I dont want to start/continue/inflame any conversations that may have an emotional charge here, as i can understand that both aspects of flight ( combatant/non-combatant ) are achievable in fsx, and both modes are very much wanted. The nice thing is, if you dont want to fly combat you dont have too, and if you dont want to be restricted to general aviation aircraft, you dont have to be. its a big world like an open canvas and anything is possible, without bleeding over into other peopkes back yards.. The beauty of FSX is you can decide who is and who isnt going to be in your world.. If you like GA, theres always others that also like GA, and if you like combat, theres others that also like combat.. All the negative platitudes that can be said really doent do anything other than generate a lack of understanding and builds walls between people that really have no need to exist. I encourage open mindedness and understanding amongst all peoples that inhabit our little world here, and rather than become offended that this capability or that capability has infiltrated your part of this world, simply enjoy it for what it is and relax..
O've been pretty sick for five days now, and am just getting back into things, so perhaps i'm coming off a bit weirder than usual, but i do hope you will all consider what i say, and hooefully, i will somehow have made some sense of it all..
Thanks
Pam

TeaSea
February 5th, 2011, 13:29
Agree,

I like to fly GA aircraft....that's about it. Lot's of folks like to fly tubeliners. Lot's of folks like the combat sims.

If you don't like something, don't get into it, and leave everyone else alone.

fsafranek
February 5th, 2011, 14:06
Agree,

I like to fly GA aircraft....that's about it. Lot's of folks like to fly tubeliners. Lot's of folks like the combat sims.

Exactly.

Anyone looked at the SDK yet to make a nice little low-yield nuke? :salute:
Ha, I kid! No seriously?
:ernae:

Actually I was beta testing some scenery this afternoon and had a real fun time just putt-putting around in the Beech Baron. No weapons, sufficient get up and go when you need it. A fun GA flying experience.

warchild
February 5th, 2011, 14:14
Yes. Iris Simulations had considered making a Nuke for their b-2 vulcan since that was its primary function in life.

Mathias
February 5th, 2011, 15:23
You know what?
I realy got acccustomed to the friendly civil nature of FS as of late even though myroots are clearly located in the more hostile skies, but tell you what:

Getting up in the air with an up-armed aircraft and being able to decide about about life or death makes a big difference, if only in your imagination in the virtual skies.
This is just a part of understanding why our fathers fought for the one side or the other and I don't want to miss a bit of of it or we'll repeat hisroy over and over again.
My take: if you denie what it is to go up in a killing machine and do harm tro others you will never apprewchiate the blessings of peace and freeedom.

flyer01
February 5th, 2011, 16:46
Is anyone having trouble with the sound of the gun's staying on after the trigger is released?

flyer01

:bump::bump::bump::bump::bump::bump::bump::bump:

warchild
February 5th, 2011, 17:06
yes.. on my own plane.. it happenes because the sound continues until the last particle dies..

warchild
February 5th, 2011, 17:10
here's the thing for me. I can take the widow up and pit it against ( lets say ) Huub in an FW-190. One of us ( probably him ) is gonna walk away, and the other ( probably me )is gonna get shot down and have to reset the game, but when its all over with, we remain colleagues and perhaps friends.. Thats the most impirtant part of all of it..

flyer01
February 5th, 2011, 17:15
What do you mean?
I have watch video and the gun sound stops after the trigger is relished.

I have tryed to put in a ticket at CS web site but it will not take them No joy.

I just took the sound out and that works until CS can fix this.
Other then the sound This works. I even took out a gas truck.

@Mathias is your gun sounds working like it should?

thanks ,

warchild
February 5th, 2011, 17:22
there are ways of proramming the sound effects so that they do stop when you release the trigger. those use attach points and extra coding to accomplish that. but merely dropping the effect into the config file will cause the effect to continue until the last partical dies out.. i went nuts for a week trying to figure that one out as the widow has 8 guns on her and man what a rauckus pain that got to be.. nothing you do inside the effects editor will change it either.. You need to use a different approach for them to stop on cue..

flyer01
February 5th, 2011, 17:29
there are ways of proramming the sound effects so that they do stop when you release the trigger. those use attach points and extra coding to accomplish that. but merely dropping the effect into the config file will cause the effect to continue until the last partical dies out.. i went nuts for a week trying to figure that one out as the widow has 8 guns on her and man what a rauckus pain that got to be.. nothing you do inside the effects editor will change it either.. You need to use a different approach for them to stop on cue..

Did Captain Sim put the Weapons for FSX out knowing the sound would not turn off. I talked to some guy on the CS forums and he did not have this happening to him.

flyer01 :salute:

warchild
February 5th, 2011, 17:33
I honestly dont know. Perhps someone else does but cant speak for them..
ine thing you got me thinking about is that it may be possible to create a special effect that only plys a sound. that way when you hit the lights, or the smoke, you will have the same action playing a sound as well as displaying bullets, then when its released, since there isn any othet effect attached to it, the sound should cease.

flyer01
February 5th, 2011, 17:45
warchild,
Some folks are having this happen and some say thy are not. What it is to me is the fact that the gun sounds are looping. even after you change guns the next gun sound stays on with the first gun sound and so on. the rockets do not do this.

I know you have nothing to do with this as far as I know. But Captain Sim needs to take care of this and take the tickets. He needs to talk about this on the main forum at his site and not tell us to send a ticket then not take the ticket.
I'm disappointed in the support so far.

Like I said this work other then the gun sound staying on and it is fun to.

warchild
February 5th, 2011, 17:55
my apologies flyer. I didnt realize it was regarding a specific aircraft..

YoYo
February 5th, 2011, 22:37
Searching, finding, shotting. Gun trening on high flight level. (Only target wasnt correct ;) ).

http://img815.imageshack.us/img815/4721/f9fvertigo23.jpg

flyer01
February 5th, 2011, 22:54
YoYo, are your gun sounds working?

flyer01

jeansy
February 5th, 2011, 23:03
ahhhh the old CS ticket discussion.... dont start me on that i will never end

but on another note, what do people honestly think of this ?

flyer01
February 5th, 2011, 23:09
Best FSX has to offer as of right now.
Works like it says. If you want to shoot down planes in FSX, this will do the trick.

YoYo
February 6th, 2011, 00:11

flyer01
Yes, for me works fine (just quality of the sound need be correct - louder!)

For F9F users: http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?115-F9F-and-CS-Weapon-for-FSX!&p=558#post558

DaveWG
February 6th, 2011, 01:45
Flyer, I have the same issue as you, gun sounds continually repeat. Other weapons are fine.

IanP
February 6th, 2011, 03:26
My gun sounds work fine - I release the trigger, they gun sound stops.

Ian P.

Warrant
February 6th, 2011, 03:48
Thanks YoYo.

Made a similar adjustment, moving the radio out of the keyboard selectable range (don't need that pop-up since i have the saitek radio panel).

YoYo
February 6th, 2011, 04:59
Now Id like too improve line of shooting by guns (for me , angle of shooting is too high for F9F). It will be nice if we can use default gunsight of VStudios). Now I test some of settings. For me tool is good - we can many things edit but remember FSX never will be combat sim ;). CS Weapon for FSX its tool just for fun and nice new missions (jump from carrier to Toko - Ri bridges ;) ) ect. ;). For combat better will be buy: RoF, IL-2:CoD or DCS.
Best wishes

IanP
February 6th, 2011, 09:02
You can "zero" the guns using the angle-off entries in the XML file. I found that an angle of "0", incidentally, was almost perfect for the Spitfire, when arming it with two M60Cs.

What I then found is that if you add more than two guns, you can no longer fire them. So four guns per wing is apparently out.

I've written about two whole paragraphs of review so far.

Ian P.

Warrant
February 6th, 2011, 09:09
Great to see that people are adapting the weapons to other aircraft. Great development. Hope CS is going to continue to fill the weapons arsenal for this great add-on. Personally hope to see bombs too (smart ones preferred). On my personal whish-list....a nice Daisy Cutter for the C-130 (also by CS).

Other improvement that might be worth developing: an off-boresight tgt acquisition capability for the ASRAAM and the R-73 (and perhaps the addition of the AIM-9X with similar capabilities).

I like this add-on very much so far! :ernae:

IanP
February 6th, 2011, 10:14
You can switch the heat seekers out of boresight mode - I think it's shift-8 or shift-control-8? It's in the manual anyway.

I've done some more testing and yes, you can either put two machine guns on one wing and they'll work, or one machine gun on each wing and they'll work. Any more than two machine guns, however, and simply nothing happens when you pull the trigger.

S'pose you could quadruple the fire rate and the amount of ammo and put one gun in each wing, but...

Ian P.

Warrant
February 6th, 2011, 10:29
You can switch the heat seekers out of boresight mode - I think it's shift-8 or shift-control-8? It's in the manual anyway.

I've done some more testing and yes, you can either put two machine guns on one wing and they'll work, or one machine gun on each wing and they'll work. Any more than two machine guns, however, and simply nothing happens when you pull the trigger.

S'pose you could quadruple the fire rate and the amount of ammo and put one gun in each wing, but...

Ian P.
Ian, i think you are referring to the uncaged mode
. That's not what i meant with off-boresight. Uncaging means the seakerhead is free to move through the maximum extend of the gimbal angle of the seeker-head. Off-boresight practically means the seekerhead can be slaved to the pilot's view up to a certain angle (guesstimate: somewhere in range of 50 or 60 degrees FOV) sideways, utilizing a HMS (Helmet Mounted Sight), which can be simulated with the Shift 3 option. You aim at a tgt by using your hat-switch to an aircraft at (for example) 10 o'clock high, and have the ability to establish a lock with your heater missile, and launch. The missile will then steer to the given vectors and acquire it's given tgt (with modern techniques of IIR the missile can even recognize the specific tgt by itself.).

YoYo
February 6th, 2011, 10:40
You can "zero" the guns
Ian P.

Where do You put this "0"? In CSWeapon.xml line : < GaugeInfo > , < CollimationData >0.0,14.01,3.358,0.307</ CollimationData > ore Weapon Inf, GunInf ...? ?

fsafranek
February 6th, 2011, 12:11
Yes. Iris Simulations had considered making a Nuke for their b-2 vulcan since that was its primary function in life.
... and to have a small role in a James Bond movie. "handle like eggs" :salute:

IanP
February 6th, 2011, 12:44
Where do You put this "0"? In CSWeapon.xml line : < GaugeInfo > , < CollimationData >0.0,14.01,3.358,0.307<!-- CollimationData --> ore Weapon Inf, GunInf ...? ?

I'm not referring to changing the HUD, YoYo, you can change the angle of the guns to match the gunsight instead.

In the <weapon> <station ...=""> line < Weapon >; < Station ... >, there is a section entitled params. Towards the end of this are two numbers that appear to control the offset of the guns. It starts as a negative number. I changed it to "0" for the WW2F Spitfire and it fired pretty close to the middle of the gunsight. Close enough for testing purposes, at least. You'd need to fiddle the figures a little more, probably, to make them exactly match the F9F's gunsight.

Warrant: Fair enough. Maybe that's one for the expansion/development if they do any. When you said "off boresight", I had presumed that you had them locked in boresight mode - i.e. the tracker head is locked in position - as that is the default mode and you have to uncage them manually.

Ian P.</station></weapon>

flyer01
February 6th, 2011, 14:09
Not sure-------- but if it is drivable it is shootable.

Ian P, When you send your report into CS tell them the gun sound is have some trouble with some PC's. I took the sound.wave out-------- that is why you hear no gun sound.
Thanks.

Enjoy the video:ernae:

http://www.vimeo.com/19625612

Large screen link:

Sedr37
February 7th, 2011, 08:30
Agree,

+1. I liked the idea, got the pack and love it!

Warrant
February 7th, 2011, 09:00
+1. I liked the idea, got the pack and love it!

Agree there big time!

It is funny to see how some "not so much in to war" people want to make their point at a Combat Flight Center forum.

Don't like the shooting thingie with FSX, don't buy it!

MP sessions should have a warning or tag if there will be shooters involved or not (all a matter of setting rules and dicipline, IMHO). Better thing is (as already mentioned in another thread) if there were sessions hosted specially for shooters here at SOH. Would be great if some lads joined with tubeliners or other civil planes just to have a challenge to get from a to b without getting shot :jump:!

flyer01
February 7th, 2011, 09:53
If you get this pack from CS and need to put in a ticket you have to use Internet Explorer.
I was not able to with Google Chrome.

YoYo
February 7th, 2011, 10:05
Ok I quite finish modifications for F9F Panther (Vertigo) for WforFSXCS - for people who want to use default Gunsight of hunter. Any can test it? Please give me info by PM. If will be ok I put this files on Flightsim.

flyer01
February 7th, 2011, 10:10
Agree,

I want to say this and I will not say anymore about it.
Its one thing to ask a lawyer( no offinch to them) not to do things in his line of work. But to tell someone not to make a product that people what (and others do not have to get) is trying to take food from there table.

This product opens ups the opportunity for others to make a line of products to be used with this Weapons pack.

And that is all I have to say about that.

jagl04
February 7th, 2011, 10:37
Hi flyer, I have the same problem with guns sound you reported. It seems to be very frequent. I havenīt been able to report that bug (in fact, a superbug for me) as a ticket in CS support. If you discover a fix, please, post it.

flyer01
February 7th, 2011, 10:56
Hi flyer, I have the same problem with guns sound you reported. It seems to be very frequent. I havenīt been able to report that bug (in fact, a superbug for me) as a ticket in CS support. If you discover a fix, please, post it.

I will do that. There are some like YOYO and IANP that do not have this happing. You can still use the guns just take out the Sound WAV. in you CS file in you main FSX folder.

I did get a ticket in so I'm sure its something that can be taken care of.

I have the SB myself And I like it. And the TacPack will be good. I well say this VRS has had all kinds of fixes for the SBug. So this is not really that big a thing with CS weapons for FSX.

The thing is with the CS addon you can add this to any plane now not 6 mos to a year. And then we do not know if everyone will be able to.

jagl04
February 7th, 2011, 11:24
Thanks for your fast answer. Iīll remove the sound files and begin to sink enemies ships

Best

Alberto

IanP
February 7th, 2011, 11:40
I put two Kormorans, four HARMs and a heck of a lot of cannon rounds into an AI ocean liner not long after installing this pack and it didn't do a flippin' thing. No smoke, no fire, certainly still an ocean liner.

They don't half make these big cruise ships tough these days!

Ian P

YoYo
February 7th, 2011, 16:36
Hello,
I created small video with Weapon mod for F9F of Vertigo. See in actions how it looks, here ;) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4RSqu6Jua8

flyer01
February 7th, 2011, 17:06
Hello,
I created small video with Weapon mod for F9F of Vertigo. See in actions how it looks, here ;) :

That looks good YOYO!:ernae:

Now that I have this in fsx I can't help but go up in a combat plane with out weapons installed.
The planes seems complete now.

flyer01
February 7th, 2011, 17:13
I put two Kormorans, four HARMs and a heck of a lot of cannon rounds into an AI ocean liner not long after installing this pack and it didn't do a flippin' thing. No smoke, no fire, certainly still an ocean liner.

They don't half make these big cruise ships tough these days!

Ian P

Can we go thou the boat files and look to see if thy have damage files?

I have flown CFS3 alot and not all the buildings have damage files or boats if I rember right.

YoYo
February 7th, 2011, 23:25
CS put new manual: http://www.captainsim.com/products/w001/manuals.html
(changes in calibration section)

flyer01
February 8th, 2011, 00:43
To get your gun sound to stop after you shoot the guns.

Go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Captain_Sim\weapon\loader\cfg

Back up your unit dat file .
Then open it in notepad and find loopEnd="1.3059" on your guns.

just change the loopEnd="1.3059" to loopEnd="0.000" .

Do this to all your guns AND JUST YOUR GUNS. lol

This will Stop the guns sound from staying on. Thy are still not the way thy should be but much better.

I had to take this also out of the sound folder or it will stay on sometimes------ csweapon_mg_bullet_land1. wav

I hope this helps. It worked on my PC.

YoYo
February 8th, 2011, 02:41
About this sound error, I have something like this when I take 2 guns, for only one (like M60, M61) is ok and no problem.

See this issue: http://www.youtube.com/user/rafikst#p/a/u/0/TcGAobS6p_4

mal998
February 8th, 2011, 09:17
Being that it does not work in multiplayer, it will be of no use to us during our weekly Vietnam multiplayer missions.

If someone can figure out a way to make it operational in MP, then we will make the purchase.

dougal
February 8th, 2011, 09:43
I for one would be extremely grateful if someone produced a 'dummies guide' for editing the xml file to make changes.

I've got the CS version of the SDK document, but find it very usefull to someone of limited expertise.

I'd like to do things like increase amo capacity (I need more than 200 rounds to find my targets) and change the angle of rocket departure.

dougal
February 8th, 2011, 09:57
Ah!!

BIG AHG!!

How is it possible to use this the A2A Spitfire?

The key commands conflict. Anyone got this srted?

Thanks

IanP
February 8th, 2011, 10:53
You can just set it up to use your joystick trigger (no matter what else the trigger is set to) - however, and it is a big however, you only appear to be able to put one gun on each wing. Not so good. :(

I've asked the question on the CS forum.

Ian P.

dougal
February 8th, 2011, 11:51
...but if I select the weapon for the A2A Spitfire, then NONE of the menu commands for Spit work. I can't even start the engine. There's obviously a serious issue there.

IanP
February 8th, 2011, 11:55
Ah.

I've only tried it with the old WoP2/WW2F Spitfire because I didn't want to break the new one that quickly. ;)

I'm not sure when I'll get chance to, but will try my two-M60C file with the WoP3/Accu-Sim Spit and see what happens.

Ian P.

flyer01
February 9th, 2011, 02:22
Ah.

I've only tried it with the old WoP2/WW2F Spitfire because I didn't want to break the new one that quickly. ;)

I'm not sure when I'll get chance to, but will try my two-M60C file with the WoP3/Accu-Sim Spit and see what happens.

Ian P.

I tryed this in the new A2A spitfire and it did conflict. I really wanted this in this plane.

Good news It will work in the A2A P-51.

I will have to see what I need to do to try and fix this .

Unless someone already has.

flyer01
February 10th, 2011, 23:56
I have the CS weapons pack and its just fine to add to what plane you want. Unless thy are able to make it MP it's a bust .

Unless you fly online any weapons pack made for FSX is a bust. IMO

There are more people that fly off line missions. Its will be cool to use the TacPack off line to shoot down planes. Its cool to load the CS pack into the planes I have now like the P51 and shoot planes, boats and things that I did not think would show damage. Nether weapons pack will make FSX into a combat sim unless there are AI on the ground and planes that shoot back I mean lockon to your plane and attack.

You may say but that can't be done in FSX!

What VRS is doing now was not able to be done in FSX now was it?

We know that we can now shoot down planes and have know that for sometime. As to who came out with this first is mute subject to me.

Now what well get my attention well be the first to have AI that fight dog fights and shoot back ln missions and in flight plains saved.. Until then its just target practice.

I do not have a horse in this race. I'm just a flight sim'er that would like to see FSX have planes that you can have in missions and free flight that you can have a dog fight with.

flyer01
February 11th, 2011, 00:07
I for one would be extremely grateful if someone produced a 'dummies guide' for editing the xml file to make changes.

I've got the CS version of the SDK document, but find it very usefull to someone of limited expertise.

I'd like to do things like increase amo capacity (I need more than 200 rounds to find my targets) and change the angle of rocket departure.

http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1296898545

Look at this it will talk about more ammo.

flyer01

brettt777
February 11th, 2011, 10:23
I dont want to start/continue/inflame any conversations that may have an emotional charge here, as i can understand that both aspects of flight ( combatant/non-combatant ) are achievable in fsx, and both modes are very much wanted. The nice thing is, if you dont want to fly combat you dont have too, and if you dont want to be restricted to general aviation aircraft, you dont have to be. its a big world like an open canvas and anything is possible, without bleeding over into other peopkes back yards.. The beauty of FSX is you can decide who is and who isnt going to be in your world.. If you like GA, theres always others that also like GA, and if you like combat, theres others that also like combat.. All the negative platitudes that can be said really doent do anything other than generate a lack of understanding and builds walls between people that really have no need to exist. I encourage open mindedness and understanding amongst all peoples that inhabit our little world here, and rather than become offended that this capability or that capability has infiltrated your part of this world, simply enjoy it for what it is and relax..
O've been pretty sick for five days now, and am just getting back into things, so perhaps i'm coming off a bit weirder than usual, but i do hope you will all consider what i say, and hooefully, i will somehow have made some sense of it all..
Thanks
Pam

Wow, that was pretty deep. But I do agree wholeheartedly.

brettt777
February 11th, 2011, 10:35

flyer01

My guns do the same thing. What I found last night was that if I select the M61 Vulcan and only shoot very short bursts, the sound goes on and off as it should. Anything more than half a second, or any other type of gun and the sound stays there til I get out of the flight. Someone (may have been you, Flyer01) to go into the loader cfg file and set the loop times for the guns to "0.000" which I did but it didn't change anything. Still the same problem. Speaking of guns, is it me or do the guns shoot a bit high? I was trying to shoot at a 747 at McCarron in Las Vegas with a cannon on an F-5E and it seemed like I had to be pointed just about straight down for the rounds to hit anywhere near the 747. I didn't have any kind of radar lock; I was just aiming manualy. But that wouldn't make it shoot high would it?

brettt777
February 11th, 2011, 15:59
Not sure-------- but if it is drivable it is shootable.

Ian P, When you send your report into CS tell them the gun sound is have some trouble with some PC's. I took the sound.wave out-------- that is why you hear no gun sound.
Thanks.Enjoy the video:ernae:

Large screen link:

Hey flyer, that weapons MFD and menu that we see at 1:05-1:21, is that actualy part of the weapons pack that I just haven't seen yet? I have been extremely busy at work and have had very little time to explore the thing.

flyer01
February 11th, 2011, 19:36
brettt777,
That Radar is not part of the CS weapons Pack. You can get the Radar in the plane B737_800_westcoastAir at http://www.westcoasthops.com. Its good to have when your looking for planes.

brettt777
February 12th, 2011, 07:34
Hello,

YoYo, where did you get that F9F from? I want one!

Never mind, I just figurd it out LOL.

brettt777
February 12th, 2011, 07:44
brettt777,
That Radar is not part of the CS weapons Pack. You can get the Radar in the plane B737_800_westcoastAir at http://www.westcoasthops.com. Its good to have when your looking for planes.

Yeah a radar is definitely a must. Last night I installed that APG-68 that is available (don't remember where I got it...?). It helped a bunch but I think this one you have might be better.

brettt777
February 12th, 2011, 08:50
Okay I am now of the opinion that CS has the worst website in the history of humanity. I cannot et to the forum to save my life. I go to the site using the link they sent me and it shows who I am and what I have purchased, etc. But I can't log in to get to the forum. I put in my UN/PW and it says there is a mismatch. So I put in my user name and the verification code and it tells me again that I have a mismatch or the code isn't right. So I re-enter the code and then suddenly it works and says it has sent my password to me, only I never receive it. Now, I know they have the correct e-mail because I did the e-mail test earlier and it worked. But I never receive any new password or whatever. I have been going in circles with this thing for the last hour and getting nowhere. I am really starting to regret my decision to do business with them...

Sedr37
February 18th, 2011, 07:45
Just a HU for those who would like to see the Weapon in action, found this video at YT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlGXksV2C_Y

flyer01
February 18th, 2011, 09:04
I like this weapons pack BUT, I have trouble with the sounds staying on after the trigger is pulled. as you see in the video he did not keep the trigger pulled but in short shots and only with the Vulcan Cannon. I can do the same with the Vulcan Cannon but if you pull the trigger for any longer than what you see in the video the sound sticks!

I have talked to CS about this and he says that there are only 10 reports of this. And we are not having sound problems. And thy will keep working on it.

If anyone is not having trouble with this please say so.

flyer01

Astoroth
February 18th, 2011, 11:17
Hey Flyer,

I've been following the threads about the sounds issues over on the CS forum out of interest, but I am one of the lucky ones. My sounds work just fine. No stuck gun sounds with any of the three, no matter how long I hold the trigger.

brettt777
February 18th, 2011, 12:21
Hey Flyer I can't believe they only have ten reports of the audio problems. I think there are more than ten reports of it just in this thread. IMHO opinion they only have ten reports because those are the only guys that could figure out how to get to their forum. I haven't figured it out yet or there would definitely be 11.

Astoroth I think the problem depends on the airplane. I have several that I have tried that have that same problem with the gun audio staying on. I also have several that work just fine. I haven't really found any similarities with either group. It doesn't seem to be one particular "brand" of plane; I have two planes from the same maker, one works and the other doesn't. It doesn't seem to be FS9 imports. I tried a Mustang last night that I am pretty sure was an FS9 import and the guns were fine. Dunno man... I wish they would figure it out. That really takes away from their product. They say that whether they develope a MP version depends on how sales go. At this rate I doubt we'll ever see it because nobody will want to buy it if it's broken out of the box.

Astoroth
February 18th, 2011, 12:46
I have the weapons installed on 14 aircraft, and none of them have the gun sounds issue. I don't know what the difference is, but mine is working just fine, on everything I have installed it on so far.

brettt777
February 18th, 2011, 15:48
I have the weapons installed on 14 aircraft, and none of them have the gun sounds issue. I don't know what the difference is, but mine is working just fine, on everything I have installed it on so far.

What OS are you running? I have it on my laptop which is Windows 7. I think tonight I will try it on my desktop which is still running XP. Also, what audio card do you have? Maybe it's a hardware issue although I don't know why that would affect some aircraft and not affect others. I wonder if Flyer has the problem on all of his planes or just certain ones like me...

flyer01
February 18th, 2011, 17:56
So far the sound has been bad on all the planes I have put it in. Plus there default plane. The CS F-18. It seams funny that the other addons that I put in work.
No sound problems.

flyer01

Astoroth
February 18th, 2011, 19:03
What OS are you running? I have it on my laptop which is Windows 7. I think tonight I will try it on my desktop which is still running XP. Also, what audio card do you have? Maybe it's a hardware issue although I don't know why that would affect some aircraft and not affect others. I wonder if Flyer has the problem on all of his planes or just certain ones like me...

I run on XP Pro SP2, with built in mobo audio. No addon audio card.

flyer01
February 18th, 2011, 19:09
I run on XP Pro SP2, with built in mobo audio. No addon audio card.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?50124-How-to-get-the-sound-to-work-in-Weapons-for-FSX

fsafranek
February 19th, 2011, 07:52
I haven't bought the product yet but I have a couple of questions regarding the AI included.

1) Do they react to being shot at or do they just keep flying straight -- any evasive maneuvers?

2) Do they fly in pairs or larger formations?

And in the documentation are there any restrictions on repainting and/or uploading of any repaints?

Thanks in advance for any help. :salute:

jagl04
February 19th, 2011, 12:25
I haven't bought the product yet but I have a couple of questions regarding the AI included.

1) Do they react to being shot at or do they just keep flying straight -- any evasive maneuvers?

2) Do they fly in pairs or larger formations?

And in the documentation are there any restrictions on repainting and/or uploading of any repaints?

Thanks in advance for any help. :salute:

Military AI traffic has the same flight pattern the other planes have in FSX, from one airport to the other. So you find them (much better if you have a radar, surprisingly not included), chase them and they do nothing to escape. It is like hunting ducks. If you are very stressed it is interesting to imagine your boss is in one of the AI objects, but it has no other emotion. Nothing to do with a real combat flight simulator. The only options for success for this toy are

1.- Creating really "artificial intelligence AI" combat traffic.
2.- Online options.

ZsoltB
March 21st, 2011, 09:30
I would like to use the new UKMIL Tornado package
Unfortunately we have not succeeded!
Can someone help me?

Thank you!

Zsolt

ZsoltB
April 4th, 2011, 22:55
The package does not work!
Re-installed the FSX
Thereafter, the CSWP package does not work! :isadizzy:

Any idea?

mal998
April 5th, 2011, 03:34
OK, I bought the package the other day, installed it on the AS F-105 and experienced the sound loop problem. After screwing around on their draconian website, I was finally able to register a complaint. I did hear back from them right away and they linked me to an updated version of the pacakge (1.1) which I have not yet installed.

I will report back when I have tested the new version.

ZsoltB
April 5th, 2011, 03:57
OK, I bought the package the other day, installed it on the AS F-105 and experienced the sound loop problem. After screwing around on their draconian website, I was finally able to register a complaint. I did hear back from them right away and they linked me to an updated version of the pacakge (1.1) which I have not yet installed.

I will report back when I have tested the new version.

Available at Update CSWP?

Dave Torkington
April 5th, 2011, 23:14
Available at Update CSWP?

Hi Zsoltquack,

Yes, just log in to your account at CapSim and get new links for downloading v. 1.01. Note that this update fixes sound issues only... :salute:

ZsoltB
April 5th, 2011, 23:29
Hi Zsoltquack,

Yes, just log in to your account at CapSim and get new links for downloading v. 1.01. Note that this update fixes sound issues only... :salute:

Thank you!

Zsolt

Sedr37
April 6th, 2011, 11:05
Have no issues with sound myself but glad CS fixed it for those who have! good service.