PDA

View Full Version : Yes, It Snows In Texas

Moses03
February 4th, 2011, 06:55
We can't let West Texas and the panhandle have all the fun. So early Tuesday morning we (N. Central area) get 2" of sleet with a high of 22F. Well, it has not topped 26F or so since then so nothing has melted off. Today we get 4.5" of snow and it is still coming down. Sounds like a nice layer cake....2" of ice, frosted with snow. They told us it was going to be a warm winter. Pfftt.

Seems about half of the midwest is buried in snow and ice. Stay safe out there!

Moses

txnetcop
February 4th, 2011, 07:08
Yep can ya believe we have been below 30 all week and I woke up to 2.5" of snow in Austin? Of course the ice came first as a nice coating for the snow so everything is delayed or shut down...
Ted

Moses03
February 4th, 2011, 07:14
Wow, 2.5" all the way down in Austin? Now that is unusual for sure.

Chacha
February 4th, 2011, 07:31
Be safe out there.
Stay warm!
I heard they shut down, Texas?
(I do not know what that meant! I am just hearing that on the radio as I type)

lefty
February 4th, 2011, 08:02
And there was me thinking it was something else that always lay thick in Texas........:rolleyes:

Cazzie
February 4th, 2011, 08:24
Why, of course it does, Pittsburgh and Green Bay are in country. :icon_lol:

txnetcop
February 4th, 2011, 11:14
And there was me thinking it was something else that always lay thick in Texas........:rolleyes:

Yep but that other stuff will leave when Pitt an Green Bay leave LOL!

PRB
February 4th, 2011, 14:42
Dang, you got more snow than us! Well, more than me on Whidbey Island, if not more than some others up here in the "PNW". That's a lot of snow for Texas. Must be quite a mess down there!

crashaz
February 4th, 2011, 14:48
It is a mess.

On the bright side... kept me home the last few days.... finished my gigantic project finally..... and now the rest of the time spent indoors over this weekend is back to FS design!

Just brought my production line back up to par tool-wise.

Been working on a dragstrip for Milton.... and I fired up the ol' Shipyard and laying keel for CV-2.

Fun times... been so long since I got to play on the ol' puter with FS.:jump: