PDA

View Full Version : Hey Caz - Typical Banjo Player...

EasyEd
February 3rd, 2011, 20:35
Hey All,

...at least the guitar and mando players are normal. :mixedsmi: Love how Penny says jeez through her teeth at her twin sister Katy's antics. Their brother on the guitar has filled in on banjo for Taylor Swift. I like this band - The Purple Hulls - hope they go far!

EkCL-egHgio

-Ed-

PS Caz are we the only "grassers" around here? Pretty sad state of affairs if we are.

PSS What the heck couple more...

aUFxJdKWvvY&feature=channel

kcD1PO2Lb4I&feature=channel

Notice how they can swap instruments around - amazing.

deKoven
February 4th, 2011, 03:32
Hey All,

...at least the guitar and mando players are normal. :mixedsmi: Love how Penny says jeez through her teeth at her twin sister Katy's antics. Their brother on the guitar has filled in on banjo for Taylor Swift. I like this band - The Purple Hulls - hope they go far!

-Ed-

PS Caz are we the only "grassers" around here? Pretty sad state of affairs if we are.

PSS What the heck couple more...

Notice how they can swap instruments around - amazing.

Nope, yer NOT the only 'grasser' aaroun' here. Although in honesty I gotta admit to being very selective about it. Re: the swapping instruments - it's not so strange, most musicians who have the inclination can make fairly good noise on any instrument in their "class" so stringed instruments of the fretboard type should be not so bad. The fretless variety now, that's a whole different clambake.

:173go1:

D. Mosher
February 4th, 2011, 05:30
Y'all are not alone, I personally prescribe to the fretless one myself. The one with four strings and a bow. Frets make life too easy.

n4gix
February 4th, 2011, 11:46
Although I am a classical organist, I too LOVE bluegrass!

I also love ragtime. I can play a pretty mean bit of ragtime on my pipe organ! :ernae:

Cees Donker
February 4th, 2011, 13:57
Though I'm a rocker, I love bluegrass too!

Cees

Crusader
February 4th, 2011, 16:39
This group of guys are too shabby either .Love Bluegrass . How about the little boy standing in between them on the fiddle . He sure is getting an early start . Just think how good he is going to be when he's a teenager .:applause:

Rich

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uIxJFZoCxM

Cazzie
February 5th, 2011, 09:22
Ed, I am just seeing this post. I am sick folks, vertigo sick. Got out of bed to go to the bathroom this AM at 5:30 and when I stood up, all went haywire. Didn't black out, just seemed everything in my noggin was off tilt, no balance whatsoever. Been in bed most all day, a little better now, but I am still not right. I cannot pin-point it, I don't feel like I have the flu, I don't really hurt anywhere, other than old age. Going to the Doc if it doesn't get any better, at least when my wife gets home from work to take me.

Sorry Ed, not to disturb your post, great stuff, you know that Bluegrass is my brier patch. :>)

Caz

n4gix
February 5th, 2011, 12:33
One of the things that I like most about bluegrass is that they nearly always give everyone a chance to "show off..." :)

It sounds as though you might have an inner ear infection. I went through that a few weeks ago. It's definitely not a fun experience to have your balance all screwed up...

cajj1
February 5th, 2011, 12:39
Recently linguists at a prestigious American University programmed a Cray Supercomputer to determine what one sentence in the English language is the least likely to ever be uttered. The answer? "Is that the banjo player's Porsche?"

http://www.musicinscotland.com/BenachallyCeilidhBand/BanjoJokes.htm

EasyEd
February 5th, 2011, 16:58
Hey All,

This is my favorite "kid" in bluegrass - Sierra Hull. These first two videos make me sick - 11 or 12 and Sierra is better than I'll ever be on the mandolin. On the first two she' helpin out a singer some of you may have heard of - Alison Krauss and Union Station.

4GU5hWdaQfY&feature=related

XDZ9PN5K06Q

Here's Sierra about 6 or 7 years later at Bluegrass Underground (literally - I bet the acoustics are wonderful!)

TEHliEJ8ZV4

-Ed-

PS Yes I've seen the video of Ricky Skaggs playing with Flatt and Scruggs on TV at 7 years of age but Sierra is better looking. :bump: