PDA

View Full Version : Digital Trim Gauge for CFS1

Ivan
February 3rd, 2011, 17:31
Is there such a thing? I am a pretty good C Programmer and have experimented a bit with C++ if there is some generic gauge code out there I can modify.

Thanks.
- Ivan.

Moparmike
February 11th, 2011, 06:12
I don't have the FS98 gauge SDK anymore. Am pretty sure you'd need to stick with FS98 style gauges for CFS1...I don't think FS2000 style will work, but it's been so long I'm not sure anymore.

In the FS2000 SDK, the gauge token you'd need to watch will be one of these:
ELEVATOR_TRIM
AILERON_TRIM
RUDDER_TRIM
They return a value in radians, so if you want a different number displayed you'd need to do some conversion math too.

Attached is a simple string display gauge source file that I use for testing variables. It's FS2000 format so it would need some tweaking to work as a FS98 project, but the callback and string stuff shouldn't have changed that much.
You'd have to supply your own header and resource file. I forget exactly how they're structured for FS98.

Ivan
February 14th, 2011, 16:35
Thanks Mike,

I'll poke around the file a bit.

- Ivan.

smilo
March 5th, 2011, 09:12
sorry Ivan, i just saw this.
i have one if you're interested.
let me know and i'll email it to you.

No Dice
March 5th, 2011, 10:24
I don't have the FS98 gauge SDK anymore. Am pretty sure you'd need to stick with FS98 style gauges for CFS1...I don't think FS2000 style will work, but it's been so long I'm not sure anymore.

In the FS2000 SDK, the gauge token you'd need to watch will be one of these:
ELEVATOR_TRIM
AILERON_TRIM
RUDDER_TRIM
They return a value in radians, so if you want a different number displayed you'd need to do some conversion math too.

Attached is a simple string display gauge source file that I use for testing variables. It's FS2000 format so it would need some tweaking to work as a FS98 project, but the callback and string stuff shouldn't have changed that much.
You'd have to supply your own header and resource file. I forget exactly how they're structured for FS98.

You should not have problems with 2000 gauges in CFS1, at least not most of them, I have not run into a problem with that.

Dave www.thefreeflightsite.com (http://www.thefreeflightsite.com)

Oglivie
April 3rd, 2011, 12:58
I don't know if this will help out, but here is a list of downloadable SDKs at this link. An FS98 is at the bottom of the page.

http://files.fsnordic.net/Flight_Simulator/Miscellaneous/SDK/