PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know how to do this?

rich12545
February 3rd, 2011, 08:47
When starting a flight where you don't have the correct aircraft you will get an error message and then the sim will load the flight with the C172. Then when exiting the flight you will get another error message.

Does anyone know how to eliminate the error messages? Seems like there might be something you could write into the fs9 cfg.

LonelyplanetXO
February 3rd, 2011, 10:47
Dont know about the exit error message and can't tell without more detail but the initial one is due to the flight you have set as default being corrupt (in this case, you say you dont have the right aircraft available).
To fix that, set up a flight, save it and check "Default flight". That should overwrite the previous one and will start you each time at that flight.

LPXO

rich12545
February 3rd, 2011, 12:20
I didn't explain myself very well. I'm not referring to the default flight.

I take out a lot of the default aircraft from the aircraft folder. Suppose a flight calls for the extra and it's been removed. That's when I get the error windows. Seems like there should be a way to remove them. It's not a big deal and only a couple of clicks but an annoyance and it bothers my ocd. :wiggle:

Dangerousdave26
February 3rd, 2011, 12:56
Yes Rich you can change the aircraft that are assigned to the flight.

Lets look at a default flight (not the acutall default flight)

Under Catagory it is 1918: First United States Airmail Route
Leg 1: Washington D.C. to Philadelphia

This flight calls for the Curtiss Jenny Military (title line from the aircraft.cfg file)

You can edit all Microsoft saved flight files ( .flt ) with any text editor but I prefer Editpad lite

Yes this is a quick plug for what I think is the best free text editor out there.

http://www.editpadlite.com/

Ok enough of that back to the real reason you created your thread

Navigate to the saved flight you want to modify. It is either in the Flight Simulator Files folder in your My Documents folder or it is in the Flights folder in the main FS9 folder. In this case it is

C:\Flightsim\FS9\Flights\airmail

Keep in mind this is my path to the folder yours will be different.

Right click the airmail01.flt file and open it with your text editor. If you want to assign the text editor as the default program it will not hurt anything.

Here is the start of the file

[Main]
Title=Leg 1: Washington D.C. to Philadelphia
Description=Re-create the first United States airmail flight from Washington D.C. (KDCA) to Philadelphia (KPNE). Estimated time to complete: 2 hours, 15 minutes.
AppVersion=9.0.30306
FlightVersion=1
What you will be looking for is the section that defines the aircraft type. It is a little over halfway down the page.

[Plane.0]
Aircraft=Curtiss Jenny MilitaryJust change the Aircraft= the aircraft you would like to use. Keep in mind this line come from the aircraft.cfg file.

So if we wanted to use the default C182 we would find the aircraft.cfg file

[fltsim.0]
title=Cessna Skylane 182SAnd copy out Cessna Skylane 182S to the .flt file.

[Plane.0]
Aircraft=Cessna Skylane 182SIs that all you need to do?

Don't really know there are a lot of other sections that store data about the plane. Some of those options might not be available in your chosen aircraft. All I can say is back up the .flt file before you make changes and have at it.

rich12545
February 3rd, 2011, 13:21
That looks pretty good. Thanks.