PDA

View Full Version : The reason that--------

flyer01
February 3rd, 2011, 01:06
there has not been a video made in the Expansions of late.

What I have been doing is downloading anything that is WWII or could be made into WWII military Ships, planes, Zeppelins, Glider, vehicles,flak and airbases that can be used in FSX. Most of what I have found are drivable.

I have found quit a few.

You may ask why is he doing this FSX is not a combat sim.

The TacPack I feel will change that.

What I have found with the combat side of FSX is that there are people working on the weapons but thy are not doing this as a group. Like we have in CFS3 with the GroundHogs.

I hope that will change after the TacPack comes out.

There are people that fly FSX that want no part of this sim turn into a combat sim. Just like there are people that want nothing to do with FSX because it is not a combat sim.

There are groups of people that are changing the face of FSX with new terrains and Addon Scenery. So yes FSX could be made to look like it did during WWII.

I will say this--------- its really a what and see thing with the weapons until the TacPack comes out.

I will make a video of the things I have put together sometime for you guys to see.

CFS3 and the Expansions are hard to beat whit what you guys have done.

Its just that the realism of FSX is to hard for me to resist.

I will get off my soap box now.

I will make more videos in CFS3.

But for now------- I'm on my on mission.

Stay well my friends,

flyer01:salute:

ndicki
February 3rd, 2011, 02:21
Waiting to see... So far, the other things that have put me off FSX are the fact that there is such great emphasis on payware, and that my computer is not up to the job. I had the trial version installed, and I could watch a fast slideshow...

NachtPiloten
February 3rd, 2011, 02:24
I hope that the weapons pack for FSX makes it a combat sim. However, as it is now the planes do not break apart when hit, there are not damage models, that is bullets and cannons causing scalable damage to the planes, and a few other issues.

If the weapons back can solve all of these and tackle the bombers being able to defend themselves and gun stations that are controllable by the player(s) then you'll have a winner. If not it will be a visually appealing arcade game with more capability.

I want FSX to be as fully capable as CFS3 and IL2 as a combat sim. I look forward to the changes and hope that the designers can make FSX into a good combat sim.

flyer01
February 3rd, 2011, 02:59
Waiting to see... So far, the other things that have put me off FSX are the fact that there is such great emphasis on payware, and that my computer is not up to the job. I had the trial version installed, and I could watch a fast slideshow...

ndicki,
I understand.
Your one of the people I would like to see be able to see what you could do with this sim. With your reprints and effects you would be a shoe-in.

I know you like the 109's the best and thy are a good plane.

In CFS3 you can only do so much as to the feeling of really flying the plane.
In FSX Its as real as it gets to flying the plane. I mean you really have to fly the plane.

The pilots that where flying the combat planes of that time where more concerned about the prop pitch, screw and the over heating of the plane in every day flight and not just combat.

The Spitfire and the 109s where great in the air but on the ground thy where like a tops.

There are some really good freeware planes for FSX if you know where to look.

And yes there is some payware also. But yet thy cures M$ when using M$ tools to make there planes . Just not right.

I also know that Owen could make some missions that would rock the FSX WWII military world If he would start in on making them. But as for now there are things left undone in the expansions that comes first.

I'm just the video make of the group. That is one reason that I'm doing what I'm doing in getting this stuf found if and when the day comes---------------

ndicki I hope that when you can you will be able to get a new PC and enjoy the realism of FSX.

flyer01
February 3rd, 2011, 03:06
This is double posting for some reason.

Also. Could you see a WWII battle online with some people flying some in boats and some coming in gliders or in tanks ?

ndicki
February 3rd, 2011, 04:19
I'm sure FSX is a first-rate flight sim, and if people like Mathias have got into it, then it will have its good points. But what Ted says is what does it for me; I want a first-class flight sim where there is something to do... I have FS2002, I fly for a few minutes and I get bored. I also have CFS2 - roughly similar platform - and I don't get bored. But the visuals could be better. So CFS3 it is for the foreseeable future! But my mind remains open to new ideas... I did get all the SF2 sims and would be interested in what the AvH team are doing, except for one thing... Good visuals of WW2 aircraft are rare. And you can't take control of cockpits, bomb-aiming doesn't exist, no engine control, etc, etc. Wrong tree to bark up for WW2, but the right one for post-Korean War simming. So back to CFS3 for WW2.

The problem is that I'm a vandal. I can't see anything without wanting to blow it up, knock it down, shoot it full of holes, bomb it or ruin its day. Just the way I was brought up, I suppose - good school and all that.

popsaka
February 3rd, 2011, 04:26
...What's the scoop on 'Wings of Prey? ...(it sure looks hot on You Tube):jump:

flamingskull
February 3rd, 2011, 07:20
Wow, Wings of Prey does look pretty slick, anyone flying this sim?

hairyspin
February 3rd, 2011, 11:22
Wow, Wings of Prey does look pretty slick, anyone flying this sim?

Not that I know of flamingskull, but if it isn't accessible to third-party mods and add-ons then it won't even make my starting line, sorry!

HouseHobbit
February 3rd, 2011, 12:03
Thanks for the vote of confinence, My friend..

And I would be building for FSX if I could afford it..
My Budget does not allow me to pay for everything needed to get this going..

I am interested in what FSX has in it.. But I will have to wait before I could ever afford it on my Limited budget..

I do Hope they get it to the point of Air Combat, But as for now I will have to just watch and wait..

And I do have a Great Love of our CFS3 and the expansions, even I FSX does go combat..
I will always stay with CFS3 and the expansions.. One of those first Love things..

Looking forward to someday having FSX, untill this I will Build my Hysterical Missions as I do.. And enjoy myself Greatly..

flyer01
February 3rd, 2011, 13:20
I understand Owen and ndicki.

And I will keep making Videos of both sims.

NachtPiloten
February 3rd, 2011, 15:49
he brought up the question of artificial intelligence. As he commented just don't see how this can be addressed unless there is someway to have the game modified. The AI is usually hard coded into the game. Now there might be a way to make a few files that are loaded by the game to direct ai's but just seems a bridge too far.

How would the game know that certain planes are ai? This would be an interesting bit of coding I would think.

flyer01
February 3rd, 2011, 17:11
What thy are doing in FSX is using sim connect that M$ made available with the Acceleration addon of FSX. Thy are not re-wighting the hard coding thy are by passing the hard code.

With the Acceleration addon I think M$ where heading towards making FSX (if people wanted to) into a combat sim. With the Acceleration addon thy brought in fighters like the F-18 and carriers.

Thy got shut down. But that did not stop the development of FSX into a combat sim.

Some keep saying it cant be done in FSX. It has been done. And it is going to open up a new combat sim in FSX.

Will it change the why some people look at FSX. Yes. It will be a new sand box to play in.

Will it kill CFS3 and the Expansions--- NO. Did CFS3 Kill CFS2? Has FSX killed FS9?

To me its a flight sim. And FSX is taking the next step to becoming a very good flight sim/combat flight sim.

I have always like to fish. A good friend told me that if you what to be serious about fishing you have to have a boat.
FSX after the TacPack comes out will be that boat for any era combat sim. IMHO.