PDA

View Full Version : I have Bazooka tubes for P-38J & earlier

OldCrow
February 2nd, 2011, 13:01
From what I've read, all P-38's that aren't of the "L" model did not use the HVAR rocket trees that seemingly all P-38's in CFS3 use. The only rockets available were Bazooka tubes mounted near the fuselage. Some experimented with outer wing mounted tubes or zero length HVAR like a Mustang. The only ones used in combat were the Bazooka tubes mounted near the fuselage.

I experimented with this and founf that the Me-262 pylon mounts the tubes inside the propeler arch and main hardpoint. Almost eaxactly where they should be.
Below is the XDP lines needed to replace the improper HVAR loadouts.

<Loadout Name="(6)Bazooka Rockets">
<Hardpoint ID="3" PylonType="pylon_262a1a_3" PayloadElement="A_M8_Triple_Tube" PayloadType="A_M8a1" Quantity="1" Fill="1"/>
<Hardpoint ID="4" PylonType="pylon_262a1a_2" PayloadElement="A_M8_Triple_Tube" PayloadType="A_M8a1" Quantity="1" Fill="1"/>
</Loadout>
<Loadout Name="(6)Bazooka Rockets+(2)500lb Bombs" MissionType="Search_Destroy,CAS">
<Hardpoint ID="1" PylonType="pylon_P38L_0" PayloadType="A_500lb" Quantity="1"/>
<Hardpoint ID="2" PylonType="pylon_P38L_0" PayloadType="A_500lb" Quantity="1"/>
<Hardpoint ID="3" PylonType="pylon_262a1a_3" PayloadElement="A_M8_Triple_Tube" PayloadType="A_M8a1" Quantity="1" Fill="1"/>
<Hardpoint ID="4" PylonType="pylon_262a1a_2" PayloadElement="A_M8_Triple_Tube" PayloadType="A_M8a1" Quantity="1" Fill="1"/>
</Loadout>
<Loadout Name="(6)Bazooka Rockets+(2)150gal Drop Tanks" MissionType="Anti_Ship">
<Hardpoint ID="1" PylonType="pylon_P38L_0" PayloadType="A_150gal" Quantity="1"/>
<Hardpoint ID="2" PylonType="pylon_P38L_0" PayloadType="A_150gal" Quantity="1"/>
</Loadout>

NOTE: Of coarse you may have to change the "PayloadElement="A_M8_Triple_Tube"" AND/OR "PayloadType="A_M8a1"" if you are using AvHistory stuff or whatever.
ENJOY!

HouseHobbit
February 2nd, 2011, 19:53
Thanks very Much...
Bravo..
:salute: :salute: :salute:

I like more Bangs.. :rocket:

Bigger Bangs too..:icon31:

popsaka
February 3rd, 2011, 04:35
I've always hated those horrid missile 'trees'... not a lot of photos of them either...

OldCrow
February 3rd, 2011, 10:46
I've always hated those horrid missile 'trees'... not a lot of photos of them either...Yes, the trees look horrible, but they are far more effective than the 'zooka tubes.
One of my bboks has a picture of a P-38 with the experimental Zero-length HVAR launchers with 5 on each outer wing. That looks great!