PDA

View Full Version : Isra's Mirage IIIS released

fsafranek
February 2nd, 2011, 12:56
The freeware Mirage IIIS Interceptor for FS2004 by Isra is now available for download at http://www.mirage4fs.com. Follow the links on the "What's New" page.

Some screenshots and cockpit views of the final version are available on Isra's website (http://www.opus2.ch/page_7.htm).

A very complete operations manual (and necessary as this is a very complex and feature rich cockpit if you want it to be) is available in both English and French.

There are several air-air, air-ground, recon, and clean configurations to choose from. As well as a JATO (working) version.

For this release Isra was able to go for a ride in a real Mirage IIIS Simulator of the Swiss Air Force to get a better understanding of how to fly the Mirage for real. Following that a former Mirage test pilot of the Swiss Air Force tested the aircraft in FS2004 and gave Isra some valuable feedback for the flight dynamics.

Enjoy!
:ernae:
http://ww.mirage4fs.com/images/Mirage_Burn.jpg

alain0568
February 2nd, 2011, 13:13
-Thank you Franck!
And thank you Isra!

Alain

-

idancesafetydance
February 2nd, 2011, 15:11
If I remember correctly, there was a beta or something released awhile back? I remember it absolutely killing framerates. Any changes to fix this?

Either way, this is exciting.

AndyG43
February 2nd, 2011, 15:28
I guess the word has to be - magnifique!

Thanks fir the heads up Frank; and many many thanks Isra, she looks like a real beauty! :salute:

Z-claudius24
February 2nd, 2011, 16:45
Hi,

Very good news !
So I will jump from the Beta into the Final :)

racartron
February 2nd, 2011, 17:29
No significant hit on frame rates here. I must day Isra has put out one heck of a detailed panel. but fortunately with a very good manual -- for dummies like me. A lot of effort has gone into this bird.

Thank you Isra

magoo
February 2nd, 2011, 21:05
There are aircraft that I have considered basic, pure, unadulterated design.

Nieuport 17, Spitfire, Ki.43 Hayabusa, F.86 Sabre, MiG 15.....Mirage III.

We are so fortunate that artists of such calibre still grace us with offerings like this for an older desktop simulator...FS9.

Damn....I'm off to try it out, and must extoll great thanks before ever firing up the FS Exe....I know it's going to be great....and wonderful. A delta wing Mirage through the Alps, or where-ever.

Hundred hours plus of electronic labour (I can imagine..)....thank you for the Mirage III experience. So very much cherished, enjoyed, learned from,.....thank-you.

fsafranek
February 2nd, 2011, 21:28
If I remember correctly, there was a beta or something released awhile back? I remember it absolutely killing framerates. Any changes to fix this?

Either way, this is exciting.
The beta was released last April and the frame rate problem was fixed the same week.
It had to do mainly with the rearview mirrors and is not an issue with this final release.

gribouil
February 3rd, 2011, 00:42
Many thanks to all the people involved in this release and of course especially to Isra!!! :ernae:

nigel richards
February 3rd, 2011, 02:06
All credits for this HU go to Frank Safranek. Well done Frank!

Mirage aircraft have never been my kind of 'brew'. That was till today. On seeing Frank's HU, I dawdled through the link he thoughtfully provided. My frame of mind: "probably just another 'boring' Mirage." Boy was I in for a rude (mood) awakenig.

Anyway, entered a nice, tidy little site teeming with Mirage (s?), "don't like the look of all this 'Froggy' stuff" my immediate reaction. Found the Mirage III directly.
DOWNLOAD!?!...to be or not to be? Oh, what the heck: i've got the Beech 18s repaints, the T-33 paint kit, the Kansan. Quick peep at all the usual download sites: the usual run-of-the-mill plethora of A320/30/40 and Uncle Tom Cobley an' all. No new F7F paints this early...
okay then, press download!

Expand the zip: nice installer. Install. (to a temp folder, not directly Fs (just in case!!!).
Old habits die hard and have saved my butt more than once!

418 mega buggers! (if you keep everything) No way pal! Half a Gig for some crumby Mirage...

"Just give it a quick try" says that little voice always yakking away at me when I get within 10 yards of FS (keeps making me feel like Smeagol) Gollum!
"If we don't likes the 'precious' we puts him in the recycle bin" (He loves it when 'we' don't like new downloads). And HE's the one resposible for the 'mischievous' threads, not ME!

RAF Lyneham (British 'badness' I suppose) 09:15 hours, visibility: lousy 8 kms, leaden sky, crosswind 15 knots, drizzle. Lashings of traffic. There's ONE aircraft on the tarmac that shouln't be here. Hope its my lucky day and ops wont make me take this tin-heap up!...
Sexy voice from control tower giving me the 'thumbs' up. That made my mind up: just do a couple of circuits then 'buzz' the tower and make her day.

Nice little cockpit 2D and VC! MMM! Go through the motions, sounds like a...
MirageIII. Brakes off.
Nip up to the control tower. That's where I do half my flying.
And in any case: what's her name is up there too!

The Mirage is airborne before you can say 'Tom Clayton', landing gear coming up, climbing like a Dingbat and pulling a turn as tight as your bank manager.
Playtime! Responsive controls, throttle's got bags of reserve, and this thing does all the 'party tricks' that a ...Mirage is supposed to! Push her too far: she'll warn you. Ignore her and you'll get slapped in the face!
Landing? Didn't want to: too much fun!...but in the event: uneventfull, it just lands like a...
Mirage!

I'll bet this bird even finds space in Willy's hangar among the properliners...
Because this is a proper Mirage!

The Mirage stays!..:jump:.Gollum!

Oops! nearly forgot its designer: Bravo, Beat Scchaffner :ernae:

Flyboy208
February 3rd, 2011, 10:28
Appreciate you letting us know Frank! Cheers to Isra for this superb rendition of Mirage IIIS ...

Mike :ernae::switzerland:

Flyboy208
February 3rd, 2011, 18:14
I am absolutely in love with this Jet ...

Mike :salute:

OBIO
February 3rd, 2011, 19:23
I just took Isra's Mirage IIIS up for a spin.....absolutely amazing from every angle, but one. Frame rates are still down on my system with this bird. Get 1/2 of my normal frame rates. Now, I am not faulting Isra for this....he can not be expected to produce a bird of this quality and ensure that it will run great on my old clunker puter. I will keep the package in my archives for future use when I get a more powerful system.

Again, I am not faulting Isra....the work he put into this bird is first rate all the way.

OBIO

thunder100
February 3rd, 2011, 23:36
OFF TOPIC

In FSX Frame rate goes from 27-->4 FPS.But I think this are the smokes-->I will try to correct.
Does anybody have a FSX fix for the glass-->easier to fly this wonderful bird with a clear VC sight

Thanks

Roland

ZsoltB
February 4th, 2011, 01:41
I have a little problem
The afterburner, only switching on the NAV lights appear!
Other ideas?

Regards,

Zsolt

Isra
February 4th, 2011, 02:43
Hi!
Thanks for the Feedback and Sorry for the troubles with the Effects! I was playing around with the panel.cfg befor the release and did not check everything!

I have set up a Update and Fix Page and hope the List will not get bigger as it is now !
Ckeck here: http://www.opus2.ch/page_7.htm

Best regards
Isra

ZsoltB
February 4th, 2011, 03:25
Hi Isra,

Unfortunately, nothing changed!

Always activate the lights in the afterburner effect

Regards,

Zsolt

Isra
February 4th, 2011, 03:41
Hi Isra,

Unfortunately, nothing changed!

Always activate the lights in the afterburner effect

Regards,

Zsolt

I am not sure if I get you right! Are you saying that if you turn on the Burner, all other Lights go on?
Give me a bit more details, since I do not have any Problems with Light or Afterburner.
How do you turn on the Light?
How do you turn on the AB?

ZsoltB
February 4th, 2011, 03:55
The throttle is not responding to the afterburner effect
I switched the NAV lights in the VC
Afterburner by pressing the letter "L" appears

Isra
February 4th, 2011, 04:10
The throttle is not responding to the afterburner effect
I switched the NAV lights in the VC
Afterburner by pressing the letter "L" appears

This is actually the answer I expected.
I know no single real Aircraft that turns on automatically the Afterburner if you give full throttle ! Afterburners have always to be switched on! You do this with Shift F4 but only if you have more than 97% RPM. To cut off the Burner, just pull back the Throttle for a Moment. As the manual sais, "never use the L-Key" in any case ! There are Switches for the Lights in the VC.
To put a Switch for the Afterburner to the Cockpit was not possible, thats why you must use Shift-F4!
By the Way, the real Mirage is with 100% Fuel using the Afterburner after 6 Minutes totally dry ;), the reason the Burner had a Switch and was not automatically turned on.

frihjul92
February 4th, 2011, 04:32
Auto afterburner function is possible.
Check to see if you have KO_F16_FX folder in your main guages folder, if you have, add this line to the panel.cfg window00 section.

gauge74=KO_F16_FX!F16_AB_THROGGLE, 0,0,1,1

Beautiful aircraft.
Many thanks,
William :wavey:

wiltzei
February 4th, 2011, 04:56
I tested this in FSX and got 6 fps.

I installed it in the following way: Base package, but files already found in FSX's folders weren´t replaced with the ones in base package ---> Panel fix ---> FSX textures.

ZsoltB
February 4th, 2011, 05:13
Thank you Isra!

The SAM scenery where are you?
IQAO?

Isra
February 4th, 2011, 05:50
I tested this in FSX and got 6 fps.

I installed it in the following way: Base package, but files already found in FSX's folders weren´t replaced with the ones in base package ---> Panel fix ---> FSX textures.

Hi! Do you think it is a good Idea to mix up a Beta -Version with a Full-Version? Don't think so!

Thank you Isra!

The SAM scenery where are you?
IQAO?
It seems you did not read any Must read first textfile !!!

Quicksand jr
February 4th, 2011, 07:14
does anybody know of full startup checklist for this nice bird?

fsafranek
February 4th, 2011, 08:24
OFF TOPIC

In FSX Frame rate goes from 27-->4 FPS.But I think this are the smokes-->I will try to correct.
Does anybody have a FSX fix for the glass-->easier to fly this wonderful bird with a clear VC sight

Thanks

Roland
There is now a fix for the glass in FSX if you want to try it. There is also a fix for the afterburner and some light effects. Both can be downloaded from a page on Isra's site (http://www.opus2.ch/miro_patch.htm). There really isn't any documentation so read the page completely. It should be obvious what to do when you open the zip file.

Also, do read the manual included in the aircraft download. All systems are explained fully. You may have to read it several times. This isn't one of those "push-throttle-and-off-you-go" aircraft.

fsafranek
February 4th, 2011, 08:25
does anybody know of full startup checklist for this nice bird?
Isra is meeting with the Mirage pilot again this weekend. Checklists for
Startup, Takeoff, Flight and Landing Procedures will follow.

RKinkor
February 4th, 2011, 08:40
Excellent aircraft Isra. Unfortunately it is a frame rate killer on my FSX system. That being said it will still stay in my sim as somebody is bound to figure it out for this aircraft is most worthy of it! Again thanks for the hard work this is wonderfull plane.

thunder100
February 4th, 2011, 09:34
First-->THANKS TO ISRA

Second-->It is FS9-->so FSX boys have no ground to complain(e.g.me)
My FPS guess-->effects-->WAS WRONG

Reality is that the gauges seem to be so FPS heavy-->after some swap with various gauges(not that nice looking) I am back to 15FPS

Roland

VPL Paolo Lao
February 4th, 2011, 09:37
Thanks for the HU :salute: Thank you Isra:jump:

Volker Böhme
February 4th, 2011, 10:34

Hi,

good news, thanks. I knew landing in a delta wing isn't easy, but I eventuall decided I'll need some guidance.

Best regards,
Volker

harrybasset
February 4th, 2011, 15:42
http://www.opus2.ch/page_7.htm

I have been trying this link for several hours but cannot get through.

Quicksand jr
February 4th, 2011, 16:50

awsome news :salute::jump::ernae:, I'm a big "do it by the book" type of flightsim pilot lol

Z-claudius24
February 4th, 2011, 19:27
Hi,

This plane deserve a little demo video http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/8/winky.gif

http://simtube.com/video/4417/Mirage-IIIs-Demo

I like this plane ... fly right :)

Flyboy208
February 4th, 2011, 20:41
Nice flying Claudius, I see you have installed Zsolt's liveries as I have ... Cheers ! Mike ;)

Isra
February 4th, 2011, 23:38
Nice Video, I like it! Unfortunately does Zsolt's repaints only fit completely to the Beta-Version, not to Version 1.

ZsoltB
February 4th, 2011, 23:43
Available paintkit for the new model?

Isra
February 5th, 2011, 00:23
No...sorry

Volker Böhme
February 5th, 2011, 00:31
Hi Isra,

I just made a quick comment above, but I have a bit more time now.

It is truely great work. Fantastic detail! And a powerful and responsive flight model, but not in a way that it is out of control. Excellent!

Best regards,
Volker

harrybasset
February 5th, 2011, 08:46
I have tried to get onto Isra's pages using Internet Explorer and Google Chrome without any success. How do other people get through?

Isra
February 5th, 2011, 08:53
Hi!
Very strange....since the Page is not down at all!
You might try it putting the address manualy into your Browser; w w w . o p u s 2 . c h ???

Z-claudius24
February 5th, 2011, 10:07
Hi,

I use Firefox and Internet Explorer 7 and log in Isra website with no problems.
Can you try to clean your web browsers cache pages and also cookies and history ....

fsafranek
February 6th, 2011, 13:23
I have tried to get onto Isra's pages using Internet Explorer and Google Chrome without any success. How do other people get through?
Haven't heard if you made it in or not. But if you're just going there to download the aircraft you'll be redirected back to my website. Follow the links in my opening post.
If you just want the fixit patch go here (http://www.opus2.ch/miro_patch.htm).

SOLOBO
February 6th, 2011, 18:48
fsafranek, many thank's for all informations... :salute:

ISRA, I waited for the clean configuration, it is very sweet and nice...
Thank you very much again for your outstanding work, you're one of the very best for FS9 !:wavey:

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/6206/fsscr005s.jpg (http://img190.imageshack.us/i/fsscr005s.jpg/)

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/3457/fsscr016x.jpg

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/4290/fsscr020.jpg (http://img268.imageshack.us/i/fsscr020.jpg/)

Flyboy208
February 6th, 2011, 19:11
I love being able to tune in channel 103 on the radio and listen to the Swiss AF chatter - very immersive and nice touch Isra! Mike :ernae:

Now if I could only locate some of those Swiss Airbases by Bigfoot ...

harrybasset
February 6th, 2011, 22:38
Haven't heard if you made it in or not. But if you're just going there to download the aircraft you'll be redirected back to my website. Follow the links in my opening post.
If you just want the fixit patch go here (http://www.opus2.ch/miro_patch.htm).
thank you for your kind offer of help Fsafranek. Unfortunately I get the same results with your latest link. I was able to download the origional release via your site last week but cannot get the patch or updates but thank you anyway.

Z-claudius24
February 6th, 2011, 22:54
Hi,

From http://www.opus2.ch/miro_patch.htm

FSX is not supported !!! but here a Fix for the Canopy and some Gauges transparency
FIX for no Afterburner and other Effects

FAQ:
Problem with Lights & Effects!
1. make sure you never use the L-Key for Lights, Afterburner etc. !!!
2. make sure you switched first through all Views (2D, VC, Ouside-View and Tower-View!
It should work then without any Problems if you have installed the Fixes!

Key assignment for the Mirage IIIS

Afterburner activation: Shift F4
Parachute: set a Key for Tailhook

Download the fixes from here:
http://www.4shared.com/file/y7qCoNgS/ISRA-FIX.html

harrybasset
February 7th, 2011, 02:06
Hi Claudius24

Thank you for posting that link, it worked for me. Your help is much appreciated.

Daube
February 7th, 2011, 03:41
FSX is not supported !!!
Indeed it's not.
However, Isra has made a lot of modifications in the modelling of the virtual cockpit, and contrary to the beta version, this final version displays almost perfectly in FSX SP2.
Unfortunately, with my i7 3,2 GHz and my GTX480, I get only 3 FPS with that plane, so using it in FSX is not possible at the moment.

alain0568
February 7th, 2011, 06:56
Hello,

"I get only 3 FPS with that plane, so using it in FSX is not possible at the moment"

-Me,too !!!!:redf:

Alain

Isra
February 7th, 2011, 07:14
Hi Daube!

Yeah, this is very interesting! I made some changes in the VC to get better Frames. It worked basically for FS9, but why the Frames go down to 3 FPS in FSX I have no Idea!
I will put my Eyes on that... (would be nice to have a more or less usable Bird)

But still, I will not go for a FSX Version, since Mark Harper annouced to come up with a new Version of his Mirage.

Daube
February 7th, 2011, 08:20
Hi Isra, thanks for the reply :)
I think the problem comes from the gauges. I'll make some tests and let you know.

Daube
February 7th, 2011, 09:42
Got it.
Mirage_V3\Mirage_Imma!Miro_Imma
If I disable this gauge in the panel.cfg (occurs twice), I get back to acceptable FPS.
There's still a FPS hit though, but it looks more normal now :)

Isra
February 7th, 2011, 11:20
Hi Daube!
Hmm...this Gauge read's the ATC Number out form the Aircraft.cfg. Could be that FSX has a different Variable for that.....I'll take a look to the FSX SDK!
Thanks a lot!!!

VaporZ
February 10th, 2011, 06:18
Hi Daube!

Yeah, this is very interesting! I made some changes in the VC to get better Frames. It worked basically for FS9, but why the Frames go down to 3 FPS in FSX I have no Idea!
I will put my Eyes on that... (would be nice to have a more or less usable Bird)

But still, I will not go for a FSX Version, since Mark Harper annouced to come up with a new Version of his Mirage.

Mark Harper annouced to come up with a new Version of his Mirage !!!!

Where on the net can we have more information about this update project of Mark Harper ?
:wavey:
VaporZ

Isra
February 10th, 2011, 06:28
Here: http://mark-harper.co.uk/

kappie rob
March 18th, 2011, 05:56
Hi Isra,

Good job on the Mirage IIIS. Very good and fits well in the Swiss scenery from Flylogic. I had the Mirage running on an older PC. It was not bad in frame rates when VC cockpit was turned down in resolution. Since a week I have new PC running W7 64 bits and ofcourse the Mirage is installed again. However I have a problem in getting the nav lights and strobe light visual. I don't use the L key as suggested by you not the use that key. I used the switches in VC. Only the cockpit lights are active. Outside no nav lights, tail red/white strobe light and the landing lights become visual. My old PC had no problems with the Mirage lights (running XP SP2). The afterburner is working okay as a use e separate button on my HOTAS set.. Any idea what can be te problem. It might some setting in the video card, however the other aircraft has no problem with the lights. It is the Mirage only for now.

I hope you have a solution (or other simmers know what might be the problem)

thanks,

Rob

Isra
March 18th, 2011, 07:27
Hi Rob!
Which lights do you use? I have added two different kind of Aircraft.cfg's in the Download, one with Default lights, the other with Shockwave Lights (Payware).

Regards Isra

kappie rob
March 18th, 2011, 13:11
:jump:Thanks Isra,

Problem solved. I didn't check the config file and indeed I saw the shockwave redux fx files. I have them installed in FSX,so I copied them from the effects dir FSX to the FS9 effects dir. So the lights are there again. I could have known this by the way. But sometimes you forget the check teh basic things.... Thanks:salute: