PDA

View Full Version : Almost convinced the a G940 is the one I want...

brettt777
February 2nd, 2011, 10:38
Okay I'm almost convinced to go with the G940 over any of the other brands but I have a couple questions...

-If I have the stick set up with no force feedback because I'm flying a jet that is FBW or all hydraulic, is there some kind of centering function on the stick so I'm not constantly trying to keep things level and straight?
-If I'm flying an older plane, say a Mustang, that is single engine and has only one throttle but has other parameters to control like propeller pitch and mixture, would I be able to set it up to use one of the throttle levers as a throttle, the other one as pitch and one of the rotary axis as mixture? Does the software allow that kind of thing to be done as different modes or does it have to be done in something like FUIPC?

David_L6
February 2nd, 2011, 13:59
I can't answer your questions but that sure does look like a nice setup.

Smokey Joe
February 2nd, 2011, 14:47
Definitely a yes on the first question. The stick is self-centering even with FF turned off. On the second question, I have never configured a throttle lever for something other than throttle. The G940 has so many wheels and buttons that you won't have any trouble configuring your trim, pitch and a bunch of other things.

Okay I'm almost convinced to go with the G940 over any of the other brands but I have a couple questions...
-If I have the stick set up with no force feedback because I'm flying a jet that is FBW or all hydraulic, is there some kind of centering function on the stick so I'm not constantly trying to keep things level and straight?
-If I'm flying an older plane, say a Mustang, that is single engine and has only one throttle but has other parameters to control like propeller pitch and mixture, would I be able to set it up to use one of the throttle levers as a throttle, the other one as pitch and one of the rotary axis as mixture? Does the software allow that kind of thing to be done as different modes or does it have to be done in something like FUIPC?

crashaz
February 4th, 2011, 15:40
SimHQ did a nice review.... I think you are in the clear on the split throttle functionality. :salute:

http://www.simhq.com/_technology2/technology_155a.html