PDA

View Full Version : Unknown Download message

LCBORDEN
February 2nd, 2011, 06:12
Don't quite know where to post this...I keep getting a "this site wants to download file" message at top of screen..Which my internet explorer settings block....I can't identify the file.(no title) does anyone else have this happening? If an administrator is moderating this forum...Is SOH sending this for an update or something??? I won't download the file till I am sure it is safe...Any help would be appreciated.

Ol'jarhead :wavey:

Rami
February 2nd, 2011, 06:24
Ol' Jarhead,

I use Firefox and a program called NoScript, so I can't replicate your problem, even with IE 8. But we are aware of the issue now and will work on finding answers.

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance...:wavey:

edmoore235
February 2nd, 2011, 06:26
Same deal here, keep getting Internet Explorer blocking a file from SOH - what is going on, AnY MODERATERS alive out there?

Rami
February 2nd, 2011, 06:28
Same deal here, keep getting Internet Explorer blocking a file from SOH - what is going on, AnY MODERATERS alive out there?

Edmoore,

I just responded and am a senior administrator. We'll get you some answers.

edmoore235
February 2nd, 2011, 08:24
Opps. Stepping on my own....... thanks Sir.
Take care.

Ed

Rami
February 2nd, 2011, 08:45
Oops. Stepping on my own....... thanks Sir.
Take care.

Ed

Ed,

No worries. :wavey:

awj112
February 2nd, 2011, 09:17
It appesrs that sim-outhouse is not the only site doing this in my travels around the web today.

Ickie
February 2nd, 2011, 09:28
every website who is connected to facebook got this message, so we removed all ties with facebook, if you are still getting this log out and delete your cookies and internet files, than log back in, it fixed my computer.

LCBORDEN
February 4th, 2011, 09:37
I decided to go a step further and installed the beta version of IE9.....its a bit different but man my download speeds are off the charts. I suppose there will be a trade off....Microsoft will show up in the middle of the night, gag me, drug me, cut my hair and put me in the Marine Corps.....HEY!!! wait a second I've already done that....Anyway I'm sure getting great download speed will have a price.....hmmmmmm has anyone seen the cat....here kitty kitty kitty

Thanks for the infor Ickie.

Ol'Jarhead :wavey:

ThinkingManNeil
February 4th, 2011, 10:26
If you play the message backwards it says "Switch to Firefox! Switch to Firefox!" ;)

Duckie
February 4th, 2011, 12:49
I see the Facebook button is back and now each time I connect to SOH and each time I change pages here I get a Notepad text pop up msg titled

"xd_proxy[1].css - Notepad"

.app_content_140511002640400 a.uiLinkSubtle { display: none; }
.app_content_140511002640400 a.UIImageBlock_ICON_Image { display: none; }

#bootloader_7U5M_ { height: 42px; }

I only get this when I connected here at SOH, no where else. Is it something here or is it my PC?

Any ideas?

PS.

This just started today on my first vist here. Wasn't happening last nght.