PDA

View Full Version : And Now!!!!!.."So you want to be a Bush Pilot"..The Series...

gera
February 1st, 2011, 16:24
Last night while making a Mission I thought of this....
" Roffer Basscott walked out of the USAAF Base in Oklahoma and took the Greyhound bus going to Dallas. He felt strange and somewhat sad and lonely. Since 1943 he had flown C46s, C47s and others all over the Pacific carrying ammo, foodstufs, supplies and all kind of army paraphanelia. Now he was out, the war was in the past and the future looked fuzzy and full of hase. As the hours passed with the rumble of the smelly engine and the stuffy cabin of the bus, Roffer began to think that maybe just maybe he could become a "Bush Pilot" somewhere, a crazy thought but after and hour he finally smiled to himself........

The old piston engine of the DeHavilland roared and quit. Patojo was standing at the end of the grass field in the middle of the hot jungle and saw the yellow plane dip a wing and hit the mango tree just forty meters away. The left wing flew like a machete toward him and luckily the wind or whatever darted it toward the lagoon near the hangar, it hit the dirty water and floated like a raft. He turned and ran toward the crashed plane as Rof was walking with a limp away from the wreck. " What happened senor Rof?" he quarried his boss with bulging eyes. Roffer looked at him with a smile that resembled more despair than happiness and said " the dam engine just stopped cold with no warning, scared the hell out of me and now I am out of business". An old newpaper flying in the dusty wind hit him and covered his face. As he took it off from his nose he read--- Compania Lodestar busca Pilotos para volar en lugares peligrosos como Alaska, Canada y aqui en Brazil, llame al tel 343434343 para mayor informacion--(The Lodestar Airplane Company is looking for pilots to fly in dangerous places in Alaska, Canada and here in Brazil call us at tel 3434343434)....." Now you talking" he shouted and jumped, turning to Patojo he said "Adios amigo you can sell that thing for scrap" and kept on limping toward the sinking sun.......

A Six part Series has begun!!!!...I will have to make a base airfield for Part 1 in Canada, make sure we hire Rof and YOU and do some crazy and dangerous flying in the cold Rockies of Canada where the Mounties rule in red!!!!!.....The series will take you, if you dare to fly around with Rof, to Adventure!!!!!......Part I is in my mind still but my fingers itch to start making a hangar somewhere in Canada...how far will this go???, only fame and fortune can tell......Start your reciprocating engines Men!!!!!
:ichile:
-----------------------Soon in a Sim Near You....and remember, Don't Just Fly!!!..Fly an Adventure!!!!!!!!!

Navy Chief
February 1st, 2011, 16:37
Gera,

I bet when you go to sleep you don't REALLY go to sleep, because your mind is always going! What a cool imagination you have! Gotta hand it to you. Your missions/adventures are full of interesting characters!

NC

gera
February 3rd, 2011, 18:06
Hey NC.....do you know how much time people waste by sleeping???, not much time for that for me....:salute:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/scratchbuilt/YEASURE.jpg

Hurricane91
February 4th, 2011, 05:12
Hey Gera, I'm still trying to get in and out of Rinconda. I was just lucky making it in the first time. A great series, very challenging. Thank you.

gera
February 4th, 2011, 07:47
Hey Gera, I'm still trying to get in and out of Rinconda. I was just lucky making it in the first time. A great series, very challenging. Thank you.
Happy to know you are taking on the challenges. I think they could be worse!!! have you seen some of the "real" ones in Youtube???, there are some in Guatemala that are killers and not to mention in Nepal and Bhutan....have fun....:ernae: