PDA

View Full Version : de Havilland Beaver Repaints Uploaded

mmann
February 1st, 2011, 04:21
Just uploaded on the AVSIM Library is my collection of 11 real world BC Coastal Beaver Repaints. The filename is BCCoastalBeavers.zip. I see the upload hasn't shown up at FlightSim.Com yet.

I have included screenshots of the Saltspring Air Beaver taking off at Ganges harbour on Saltspring Island and the Whistler Air Beaver dockside at Whistler/Green Lake Water Aerodrome (CAE5).

Regards, Mike Mann

grunau_baby
February 1st, 2011, 04:48
Sometimes I really forget that there´s this rather good default Beaver inside FSX (overshadowed by the Aerosoft one). Thanks for reminding me;-) and for the new variety of rapaints of course:ernae:

Alex

mmann
February 1st, 2011, 04:58
A real world Beaver pilot mentioned that the sounds in the default Beaver are by far more authentic sounding than the ones that Aerosoft uses. He prefers the panel in the default Beaver as well. The advantage the Aerosoft Beaver enjoys over the default Beaver is the fact that it includes more than just a float model.

Regards, Mike Mann

grunau_baby
February 1st, 2011, 05:22
Yep, about the default I like the panel, too. As well as the sound! I remember it was the first default plane I took for a flight when I first got FSX.

And it looks great with the right scenery:
http://www.grunform.de/sim/bv_01.jpg

http://www.grunform.de/sim/bv_02.jpg

Alex

mmann
February 1st, 2011, 05:41
Looks great Alex!! I noticed in the top photo that the plane is displaying double tail numbers. In the pdf manual that I included with the repaints I included a section on how to eliminate that.

Regards, Mike Mann

wallyboard
February 1st, 2011, 06:12
Thanks a bunch Mike. Great stuff!

Larry

mmann
February 1st, 2011, 06:27
Thanks!!

I noticed that FlightSim.Com finally has my upload ready for downloading as well now.

Regards, Mike Mann

OleBoy
February 1st, 2011, 06:59
Real nice repaints Mike. Thanks for sharing them. I've still yet to fly the FSX DH Beaver. But I will :)

JoeW
February 1st, 2011, 07:22
Got them puppies and installed them.
Thanks a bunch ............
:applause:

paulb
February 1st, 2011, 07:22
A real world Beaver pilot mentioned that the sounds in the default Beaver are by far more authentic sounding than the ones that Aerosoft uses. He prefers the panel in the default Beaver as well. The advantage the Aerosoft Beaver enjoys over the default Beaver is the fact that it includes more than just a float model.

Regards, Mike Mann

Aerosoft have upgraded their original sound. It's excellent now. ;)

Frankly the Aerosoft VC is better IMHO.

BTW, Great repaints!

CG_1976
February 1st, 2011, 07:40
Thank you Mike. I was just asking members at Vancouver Island Virtual if anyone knew of any paints for the FSX beaver and low and behold look what I found with my morning coffee:salute: and CC-130 in the FOL.

Aircanuck
February 1st, 2011, 07:51
Just uploaded on the AVSIM Library is my collection of 11 real world BC Coastal Beaver Repaints. The filename is BCCoastalBeavers.zip. I see the upload hasn't shown up at FlightSim.Com yet.

I have included screenshots of the Saltspring Air Beaver taking off at Ganges harbour on Saltspring Island and the Whistler Air Beaver dockside at Whistler/Green Lake Water Aerodrome (CAE5).

Regards, Mike Mann

Mr. Mann ,

Thank you a bunch for those terrific repaints ( a ton of work !! ), you have taken care of all the local boys on our coast !!

Will you take a request ?

Cheers

Aircanuck:jump:

mmann
February 1st, 2011, 08:01
Mr. Mann ,

Thank you a bunch for those terrific repaints ( a ton of work !! ), you have taken care of all the local boys on our coast !!

Will you take a request ?

Cheers

Aircanuck:jump:

Requests will be considered, but my plate is pretty full at the moment!!

Thanks to everyone for your kind words!! One thing you might consider is that FSX made the default Beaver available as AI. With a little tweak to the aircraft.cfg and adding AI compatible float bases, you can have the beaver (with any repaints you desire) flying around your FSX world.

Regards, Mike Mann

Aircanuck
February 1st, 2011, 08:18
Mr. Mann,

There was a local airline that operated out of Coal Harbour ( downtown Vancouver ) in the 70's called Airwest Airlines ...... as a kid I worked there during the summer months on the ramp.

18 frights a day into Victoria ..... lol

Love to see one in the air again, when you find the time I'II shoot you a Jpeg of the paint work and company logo.

Cheers for now

Aircanuck

mmann
February 1st, 2011, 10:03
Mr. Mann,

There was a local airline that operated out of Coal Harbour ( downtown Vancouver ) in the 70's called Airwest Airlines ...... as a kid I worked there during the summer months on the ramp.

18 frights a day into Victoria ..... lol

Love to see one in the air again, when you find the time I'II shoot you a Jpeg of the paint work and company logo.

Cheers for now

Aircanuck

Sounds good. Out of curiosity which aircraft is it? The only one I could find online was CF-OCL.

Regards, Mike Mann

lawdawg
February 1st, 2011, 10:09
Aerosoft upgraded the engine sound for the beaver?
They released a sound module for switches in the cockpit a while back I know.

Where do you get their new engine sound? I have searched all over the place.

wilycoyote4
February 1st, 2011, 10:37
Many thanks, downloading now.

Can't recall who said it, but the default Beaver is considered the greatest aircraft MS put in the games. It was my favorite right away. Still a great virtual aircraft, IMVVVHO, always enjoy a flight in the payware Tongass or freeware Glacier National scenery. I've learned a lot in this bird.

I have the Aerosoft Beaver as well and there are differences but nothing I find tiresome nor troublesome. Of course, it helps to be a Beaver nutter as in my case, lol. :applause: The Aerosoft Beaver offers great variety obviously.

I think there are some freeware sounds----and probably payware----available. At the moment I'm using freeware from sonic solutions/Vance Dylan if I'm correct. Anyway, I greatly prefer headphones when in Beaver.

Flew in a float twice long ago.

mmann
February 1st, 2011, 10:47
You could also have the Aerosoft Beaver aliased to the default beaver sounds, after all the default Beaver was recorded from the real thing. According to the real world Beaver pilot Microsoft did an excellent job!!

Regards, Mike Mann

Aircanuck
February 1st, 2011, 12:41
Sounds good. Out of curiosity which aircraft is it? The only one I could find online was CF-OCL.

Regards, Mike Mann

I brought a camera with me to work one weekend and took a bunch of photos of what was in that day, DHC 2, DHC 6, Cessna 180 .

Have a nice picture of C-FODF up against the dock with the ole Queen of Langdale tied up in the background.( 1976 -77 ish ). I'II let you figure out what we used to call her ...... O - D - F... ;]

I've seen another photo of ODF against the dock with the Northshore mountains and Stanley Park as the background. Pretty sure I found it on Airliners.net

Cheers

Aircanuck

mmann
February 1st, 2011, 13:06
I can't seem to locate any pictures of C-FODF on the internet! If you could, take a look at the following link for the picture of CF-OCL and let me know how close the paint is?

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/3/2/2/0588223.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.airliners.net/photo/Air-West/De-Havilland-Canada/0588223/L/&usg=__bUEJaWteGtwKxQPH60mDlSDnees=&h=760&w=1024&sz=202&hl=en&start=8&zoom=1&tbnid=0mA-8m4bG3iY8M:&tbnh=111&tbnw=150&ei=nVhITfqvJcKBlAfS_YnBBA&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dairwest%2Bbeaver%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%2 6client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DG%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26gbv%3D1%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1

Regards, Mike Mann

Aircanuck
February 1st, 2011, 13:24
Bang on Mike. The photo appears to have been taken at the maintenance facility south side of YVR, Harbour Air now calls it home .

The only thing I'd tweak if you had the extra time is the following :

Most of the DHC 2's in the fleet had a black band painted on the wings ( leading edge to trailing edge , maybe about two & half to three feet wide ) that was positioned above the strut that holds the wing in place ..... don't remember why ?? We had them on the DHC 6's to hide the nasty exhaust stains from those PW PT 6's.

Cheers

Aircanuck

mmann
February 1st, 2011, 13:30
If you could email me the pictures you have of C-FODF, I will see what I can do then.

Regards, Mike Mann

Aircanuck
February 1st, 2011, 13:35
I'II dig them out and have them over to you later tonight.

Bye for now.

Aircanuck

wilycoyote4
February 2nd, 2011, 15:10
lotsa color, nice work, thanks again :applause:

mmann
February 2nd, 2011, 15:29
Great shot! I should have had you do the thumbnail photo when I uploaded this package.

Regards, Mike Mann

wilycoyote4
February 2nd, 2011, 15:49
Nuttin' wrong with the thumbnail in the package methinks, anyways, help yourself if need be, anybody can use it for whatever suits'em, it's my wallpaper at the moment.

Or maybe you are talking about some other good screenys in this thread, eh? :ernae::medals::guinness::icon29::guinness:
No problem if so, I'm not fussy, just look fussy. :costum:

CG_1976
February 2nd, 2011, 15:58
Being as I am a Beaver nutter and Twotter head no two sound a like. A good pilot knows her every grown and growl, purr and slap. Like a trucker who knows when to shift without the clutch. A excellent Beaver or Twotter Pilot must marry the Aircraft as a first or second wife lol. I personally like the MS Beaver, she handles good and b@tchy at times. As for aerosoft I'll stick with there Twotter and sonic sound set.

mmann
February 2nd, 2011, 16:22
Great shots of Tofino Air C-GFLT!

I see too that you either read my pdf info on duplicate tail numbers or are experienced at adding repaints.

Regards, Mike Mann

flyinjake
February 2nd, 2011, 17:27
I too have been flying the GA stuff lately including this one. These look like great additions.

I may be dreaming but I have been looking for a tail dragger version. I thought someone was able to mod the default aircraft into a land based plane. I searched here and AVSIM with no luck. Anyone else remember the mod?

Jake