PDA

View Full Version : Lionheart, I just had to do it

hey_moe
February 1st, 2011, 01:38
I decided to go ahead and by one of those Ipad's for Linda. Our Anniversary is on Valentines Day. I know you and Chacha brought one so give me some advise.Linda loves to read books and this was one of the main reasons for this. She also loves to look at the grandkids pictures. I went ahead and opened a Gmail account, set up a account at Apple, DLed some Apps, News,Ibook...ect..ect. I also ordered a case,styless pen,and screen protector. I can tell you this much...I like it and I am thinking of buying another one for myself.

Chacha
February 1st, 2011, 03:54
Hey Mike,

She will LOVE it!
I have a PINK case, scratch proofed it, but I do not have the stylus pen.
Bill has a very fancy stand, (I do not have one)
a remote keyboard (I do not have one either)
a Powerful speaker (I do not have,one too)

If she loves to read, I advise her to set the brightness to LOW (just above zero),
(but not on ZERO). It will be good for her eyes...
(I have the kindle, too, but the iPad has more to it than a kindle.)

She will also love how it handles pictures The iPhoto is super cool.
In pretty much everything, Mike, there is an app.

Happy Anniversary Mike and Linda! (may you have many more Anniversaries to come!)

Cazzie
February 1st, 2011, 04:38
My oldest son bought him one, uses it for reading, solitaire, FB, games, et al. I told him to tell me in three months if it was worth the price of that 40-in wide-screen HDTV he wanted. But he is a techie and like all of the modern techie age, he wants all the new gadgets and all the new apps and knows all the new text speak, which he learns from my youngest son. My youngest son will not answer a phone call, but he will text you right back in text speak!

I tell ya Moe, I am beginning to think I live in a world of aliens! :>)

Caz

b52bob
February 1st, 2011, 06:56
I Love my ipad also, I do a lot of reading and the experience is great.

For FS I have all my aircraft manuals on the ipad and keep it right near my computer when on Flying. Sure is nice to have all the checklists and everything handy without printing out hundreds of pages.

I have a red case I picked up on ebay for $11. Does the job and also doubles as a stand. No stylus but I may get one as it would make web surfing a lot easier.

Lionheart
February 1st, 2011, 22:54
Congrats Mike! I think she will love it. Have her watch some of the tutorial movies on Apple.com to see how to manage things, like the mail program it has. You can link to all your Gmail and yahoo emails, etc, with it.

The coolest thing about it... 'instant on'....!

:d

hey_moe
February 2nd, 2011, 03:00
I've just about got it set up to a point she should understand it.....I hope, lol...Mike
Congrats Mike! I think she will love it. Have her watch some of the tutorial movies on Apple.com to see how to manage things, like the mail program it has. You can link to all your Gmail and yahoo emails, etc, with it.

The coolest thing about it... 'instant on'....!

:d