PDA

View Full Version : Smoke ShapeII

gosd
January 31st, 2011, 18:49
Hello,
I need some help here;I have been trying to fix the effects.xml file that came with the Combat_Flight Simulator_BoB_Alpha_01 that I downloaded from aussiex.org wtih no success.
The problem is that most of the smoke effects come out as squares...(smoke from the wheels on takeoff,smoke from flack,exaust smoke from the a/c in flight,smoke from firing the a/c guns,smoke from moving vehicles...etc)
How do I go about finding the effect that is faulty in the effects.xml?
Thanks.

gosd
January 31st, 2011, 19:41
I think the problem is not with the effects.xml file;I tried replacing the file with one that worked well and got the same square effects.
so any idea ?

HouseHobbit
January 31st, 2011, 22:04
Check your PM's..

gosd
February 1st, 2011, 03:27
Thank you the suggestion worked first class !

KellyB
February 1st, 2011, 04:59
But, but, what was it???

HouseHobbit
February 1st, 2011, 05:32
Hello My friend,
On the effects file, Just copy the one from my ETO BOA Portsmouth Defence HH 030 Final to the BOB alpha and let it run..

You should also copy the FX textures folder from ETO into this also..
DON"T Overwrite any files but let it add the new textures not in the BOB set up..

This should solve your problem

I Hope...
Have a great one,
Owen

gosd
February 1st, 2011, 05:54
Actually I only replaced the fxtextures file in the effects folder.:salute:

KellyB
February 1st, 2011, 07:48
Aha. I discovered that I'd been having the same odd smoke shapes and that is almost exactly what I did. Now that I've done the fxtextures folder, it's just fine.

Proper smoke everywhere! cough, cough.

Thanks, as usual.

lewis11777
February 1st, 2011, 11:16
For future reference those little squares are usually the result of a missing texture file from the fxtextures folder. Sometimes if you suspect a certain effect, look at the effects.xml file and see what texture that effect calls for vice what you actually have in your folder. That has worked for me in the past.