PDA

View Full Version : Team SDB withdraw scenery from Alphasim

Mickey D
October 1st, 2008, 10:44
As of midnight BST 30/09/08 Team SDB has withdrawn all of it's scenery from sale at Alpha Simulations.
Selected items from the catalog will now be made available as boxed set CD compilations and download at www.sky-sim.co.uk (http://www.sky-sim.co.uk).
New, previously unpublished titles will be added to the catalog in the comming months. It is anticipated that many
of these will be British as well as military airfields from the rest of the world.
Team SDB look forward to a long and happy association with Skysim.

SteveB
October 1st, 2008, 10:58
As of midnight BST 30/09/08 Team SDB has withdrawn all of it's scenery from sale at Alpha Simulations.
Selected items from the catalog will now be made available as boxed set CD compilations and download at www.sky-sim.co.uk (http://www.sky-sim.co.uk).
New, previously unpublished titles will be added to the catalog in the comming months. It is anticipated that many
of these will be British as well as military airfields from the rest of the world.
Team SDB look forward to a long and happy association with Skysim.

Good luck and looking forward too some new releases.

Steve

Lightning
October 1st, 2008, 13:00
Good luck and looking forward too some new releases.

Steve

Thank You :)

TARPSBird
October 1st, 2008, 14:01
Mickey D, thanks for the heads-up. I like the Snoopy avatar. That stamp dates back to four rate increases ago! :icon_lol:

b52bob
October 1st, 2008, 21:49
Good luck also.

I love Alphasim planes but I don't know what's going on. Developers are disappearing, prices going though the roof, web forum is down, little new aircraft for FS9 in the future and no mention of your sceneries being gone other than they no longer appear in the store.

It kinda worries me

Railrunner130
October 2nd, 2008, 04:01
I think Alphasim is going through tough times. I know they've talked about having to justify man-hours spent on aircraft with higher prices.

deathfromafar
October 2nd, 2008, 11:39
Yeah, there something going on for sure. Heard some gouge on it but I treat it as rumor until otherwise confirmed. Sales all around are down these days for obvious economic reasons and everybody is feeling the pinch. Myself and other friends used to buy payware like candy just these last 4 years or so at $15 to $30 a purchase. But when I've bought FS models that cost more than the $30 range, I buy far less and only titles of very significant interest. I can count about a dozen or so of the expensive models in my hangar with dozens of the cheaper models in there. Alphasim has become so expensive that for me and others I know we simply had to cut back the number of models purchased through a given month/year. Money is tighter so descretionary spending measures are in effect in case the rainy days get any wetter so to speak. Coming from myself and others I know who used to spend hard cash everytime Alphasim released a model, we simply no longer do so. I figure that kind of issue has had a major impact on business there which makes a tight situation even worse considering the payware business is a marketing minefield in which to stay afloat is not easy.

WarHorse47
October 2nd, 2008, 11:50
I'll never figure out this market. For me, the logic is just the opposite. I tend to stay home more and fly flight sims, which causes me to buy more payware. Cheaper than gas, hotels, eating out, and a lot of the other things we could do when the economy was better.

--WH

deathfromafar
October 2nd, 2008, 12:18
Yes, I agree Warhorse but for guys like me who have business travel expenses(which I often eat said expenses) that overlap rountine home expenses as well as being prepared typical unforeseen things, I have to tighten up the belt a notch or two. In the end, it is a matter of cutting back overall. Hey, hopefully things will upturn at some point and a greater degree of disposable income will be available.

Astoroth
October 2nd, 2008, 21:02
When I first started buying payware, you could buy just about anything you wanted for around $20. Nowadays with payware hovering around the $35-$40 mark, and up, I buy much less than I used to. And then it has to be something I want pretty bad.

Willy
October 2nd, 2008, 21:25
I'm on a fixed income and I can't think of any payware that I've purchased that cost over $30. And I doubt if I'd spend that much again. I like that $30 airplane, but I don't fly it enough to justify that $30. Under $20 is more my speed and there's very little that interests me at that price.

Blackbird686
October 3rd, 2008, 15:33
I think Alphasim is going through tough times. I know they've talked about having to justify man-hours spent on aircraft with higher prices.

This may very well be, but for what it's worth.... I still like AlphaSim for what it is and I've NEVER had a problem with them. My first payware plane came from AlphaSim. With the number of developers that are leaving Alpha, I do have a little bit of concern for their general well being.

Good Luck Team SDB :ernae: All the Best:applause::applause::applause:

BB686:USA-flag: