PDA

View Full Version : Beech D-18 'itch' again...Willy's fault!

nigel richards
January 31st, 2011, 03:57
:isadizzy:It's all Willy's fault! Got me losin' sleep by telling me HE'S got 100 'Beech 18' repaints...

It's alright for you lot being around here since the 'Tin Bashers Art' began. Feeling smug knowin' wots 'is name has only got TWO! But he thinks this girl is Miss World, SEE! So there!...
Didnt know I had to 'sus' the secret code to find the 80 or so 'other' paints. 'Tap away all day pal' at ya favourite download site, try entering search: 'Beech 18' or some other ridiculous combination. Haha... Zilto! Zero! Nix...it's Greek to me: μηδέν!

Bet you lot were laughing ya socks off the whole time. This dumbo will never find 'em.
But I've wised up on my wing-borne buddies of the mystical arts in Aeronautical Emulation...

GOTCHA! Yep! Sussed yer little code out, I did! Wised up ta ya little tricks we 'av!

I got a little black book with my poems in, I got a silver spoon on a chain...
and among all the other goodies I got: the 'Buffalo' repaint by Marcus, 67296 by Jim Boynton and more Beech 18's than Willy's had hot dinners. So there!

...and so, cleverdicks WHERE'S THE BALLY AMPHIBIAN REPAiNTS ? Someone spill the beans round here!
COS I'VE ONLY GOT TWO...
:173go1:Nigel

Sascha66
January 31st, 2011, 04:11
:isadizzy:It's all Willy's fault! Got me losin' sleep by telling me HE'S got 100 'Beech 18' repaints...

It's alright for you lot being around here since the 'Tin Bashers Art' began. Feeling smug knowin' wots 'is name has only got TWO! But he thinks this girl is Miss World, SEE! So there!...
Didnt know I had to 'sus' the secret code to find the 80 or so 'other' paints. 'Tap away all day pal' at ya favourite download site, try entering search: 'Beech 18' or some other ridiculous combination. Haha... Zilto! Zero! Nix...it's Greek to me: μηδέν!

Bet you lot were laughing ya socks off the whole time. This dumbo will never find 'em.
But I've wised up on my wing-borne buddies of the mystical arts in Aeronautical Emulation...

GOTCHA! Yep! Sussed yer little code out, I did! Wised up ta ya little tricks we 'av!

I got a little black book with my poems in, I got a silver spoon on a chain...
and among all the other goodies I got: the 'Buffalo' repaint by Marcus, 67296 by Jim Boynton and more Beech 18's than Willy's had hot dinners. So there!

...and so, cleverdicks WHERE'S THE BALLY AMPHIBIAN REPAiNTS ? Someone spill the beans round here!
COS I'VE ONLY GOT TWO...
:173go1:Nigel

I don't think I understood any of it...:isadizzy:

nigel richards
January 31st, 2011, 04:21
I don't think I understood any of it...:isadizzy:

That one can't fool me anymore...I'll spell it in Her Majesty's plain Belgian:

WHERE ARE THE BEECH 18 AMPHIBIAN REPAINTS H I D D E N ?
(the one WITHOUT wheels, ya know, wont sink)

and cut out this 'dunno what ya mean' stuff!...

Hey, where's Smoothie? He wont hide them...bet YOU lot have hidden HIM !

...conspiracy...humbug:bump: Sascha66...indeed, bet its another secret code name in this whole coverup!
And it certainly seems 'fishy' that Milton just 'happens' to be away on R&R...bet in Alaska or somewhere in his BEECH 18 AMPHIBIAN, easy to hide. Cos I know he'd tell me where they are. Wouldn't he?

Milton Shupe
January 31st, 2011, 04:37
Amphib repaints are same mapping.

Com-Central has a boat load of repaints for all our aircraft in one place, and usually packaged together with the work done for you.

http://www.com-central.net/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=13

If you haven't joined, do so.

If you do, you will have access to the D18S and Amphib packs here:

http://www.com-central.net/index.php?name=Downloads&file=search&key=pick

So, take that! :)

nigel richards
January 31st, 2011, 05:22
Yeah, he's got to be hasn't he. I mean, what other looney would be answering his own thread?
Not quite right! Nutta! Bit...ya know up there in the head! (they say he's heard the voices, the bells or something...keeps coming out with 'M' words).

And who's the bright spark then, who had me tailed by those two men in white suits ever since I joined SOH? You know, sort of 'men in black', but in white if it makes any sense. Hey, hang-on...
SOH...Secret Operations... I'm beginning to get it!

And all this: no silly, not because the lady loves Milk Tray...because I'd like some repaints for the aircraft of my life! And you lot keep hiding them from me...

nigel richards
January 31st, 2011, 05:49
Amphib repaints are same mapping.

Com-Central has a boat load of repaints for all our aircraft in one place, and usually packaged together with the work done for you.

http://www.com-central.net/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=13

If you do, you will have access to the D18S and Amphib packs here:

http://www.com-central.net/index.php?name=Downloads&file=search&key=pick

So, take that! :)

Now your talking Turkey!

Nothing sounds easier! After nearly six years of waiting, God, allah, Milton or whoever does the prayer duties seems to have answered.

But! If this is some wisecracks idea of fun and is missusing Milton's identity (in order to 'lead me up the garden path') while this poor overworked gentleman is trying to get some rest, then be WARNED: if this HU leads me on a wild Grumman Goose trail the consequences will be dire!
I will in such circumstances use all influence available to me and persuade Milton Shupe to deny the culprits a new version of the Dash 7, and in its stead give you a massive 'red and white' job (the name of which I am obliged not to reveal) that none of you will be able to land at ANY of your fancy airports.

But if this is really you Milton, :ernae: thanks pal!

magoo
January 31st, 2011, 07:39
......Poor Willy.....

nigel richards
January 31st, 2011, 08:41
......Poor Willy.....

Poor who...?

Jeepers, now I've got this guy magoo on my case. And so the plot thickens...:mixedsmi:

...and where have you all hidden my pal Smoothie, got him stashed in the boot of a 'Beech 18' doing forced labour repaints for other crates no doubt...

...just because he was caught making bulk orders for red and white high grade aviation enamel, doesn't mean the poor bloke has anything to do with the whole scenario! Leave 'im alone!:running:

nigel richards
January 31st, 2011, 11:29
Right that's it!

The man 'posing' as Milton Shupe is suspect! "All colours of the rainbow can be found for the Beech 18s amphibian at the above site" he says ..."and it doesn't matter about those darned floats". No way pal, Milton wouldn't say that. He's right though, you can even take a peep at them. Join up, join up the sign says, so always willing to help out in hours of dire, I joins up!

But someones being 'sneaky' and probably warns the 'join up here' bloke that there's this looney going round making eyes at everyone's Beech 18 (Bet it's Willy, now that I've got the wheel version repaints. Lock, stock and two smokin' barrels!). The 'join up here' bloke's really slik though! Sends me an e-mail saying "we're reviewing the situation" we'll let you know. You know the sort of thing...just like the Greek National Bank these days. Real polite stuff an' all!

...we're reviewing the situation, cod's wallop! 3 hours, 48 minutes, 24 seconds...still no special key. Who's he trying to kid? He's been 'got to' I say.
"we're reviewing the situation" what is this, Oliver Twist?

So! Enough is enough!... this means war! And don't say I didn't warn you all!

:USA-flag:This is, as they say Hollywood style: Payback!...Time to kick ass!
This is the cavalry coming to the rescue! In the great, full-blown, no stops pulled, wide-screen, technicolor, do-or-die, American true spirit of grit, adventure and style!

GO HERE AT YOUR PERIL!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEeNmSOEgQY :jump:

...and you just wait till Milton gets back from them there lakes...gonna tell him everything!

Willy
January 31st, 2011, 11:41
I got most of mine in that Com Central pack. Look carefully though as there's a few paints in there that aren't listed on the aircraft.cfg listing. Some I already had, and I had some that weren't in there. Mostly what I had already that they didn't were the airline paints (American, Delta, Piedmont, etc.) and the Merc Air paints.

As for the amphibs and floatplanes, like Milton said, the paints are the same, just add the bitmap for the pontoons and they work fine. That's all I did for my Merc Air "Nitro Express" cargo plane to make it fill all three models.

The guys at ComCentral are pretty good people. A lot of 'em hung out here at one time or another.

I think my work here is done.... ;)

nigel richards
January 31st, 2011, 11:50
I got most of mine in that Com Central pack. Look carefully though as there's a few paints in there that aren't listed on the aircraft.cfg listing. Some I already had, and I had some that weren't in there. Mostly what I had already that they didn't were the airline paints (American, Delta, Piedmont, etc.) and the Merc Air paints.

The guys at ComCentral are pretty good people. A lot of 'em hung out here at one time or another.

I think my work here is done.... ;)

...not so fast Willy!...take your medicine like a man: press the link and grit your teeth till the end!

If you dare!:ernae:...and turn that cotton picking sound up!

Willy
January 31st, 2011, 12:03
Not a bad little bush floater... :ernae:

I think AlphaSim did one.

Z-claudius24
January 31st, 2011, 12:47
Hi,

http://www.com-central.net/index.php...viewforum&f=13 (http://www.com-central.net/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=13)

Hmmmm .. I wonder if their registration system still working at all ...
Registration page tell 3 steps ...
When all filled in the first registration page (user name + adress mail twice) and register button hit ... nothing happen ...
Very strange ..... seem's it's a error somewhere.

EDIT:
OK finally it's worked after multilple attempts .. :)
Now I'm waiting one admin to wake up and confirm the registration .... :)

nigel richards
January 31st, 2011, 12:56
Not a bad little bush floater... :ernae:

I think AlphaSim did one.

I luv ya Willy! Right on the mark. They did do 'one'.

But this is poetry in motion, sheer beauty. Purity in elegance, grace and perfection.
This is Art, and the canvas as yet untouched.
It's the symbolic culmination of the sophistication never far from American aviation.
The sleek purposeful design of genious...Oh God! Here I go again...

Willy
January 31st, 2011, 13:15
I thought about getting it, but it doesnt take off very well from a runway. I like my floaters to at least have wheels that I take off from land as well. Bill Lyons' Sikorsky S43 has a permanent home in my hanger.

nigel richards
January 31st, 2011, 22:46
I thought about getting it, but it doesnt take off very well from a runway. I like my floaters to at least have wheels that I take off from land as well. Bill Lyons' Sikorsky S43 has a permanent home in my hanger.

See! Now even Willy is softening. He has allowed his thought proccess to entertain the possibility of 'owning' this exemplary specimen of the 'tin basher's art'. And that, coming from a guy like Willy is the 'super classic understatement' Don't anyone be misled: this guy ain't easily moved.
You see, Willy's that kind of guy that's cool as a cucumber when the sh.. hits the fan.
He's the wingman who when the 'heat' is on in a dogfight and the 'bogies' are crawling up your neck (and in the sweat, you momentarily glimpse over your shoulder): gives you the thumbs up! And you just know he's all grins under that oxygen mask. Rock steady!...bit like Rami really.

For the uninitiated, what he's really saying in layman's terms is this: I've been wanting to fly this baby ever since I learned to say 'Super Constellation'. And when he says wheels, read: mooring protection is essential for the paintwork. What do you expect-does he have to spell it out? Willy looks after his planes! He provides hangar facilities in adverse conditions. Why? Because he longs to be up there yonder in the blue. Its what he does best. Not closed up in some smelly respray shop wasting precious flying time.
You tell 'em Willy!

And don't worry buddy, bet we can fix you up with a dandy slipway next to a purpose built shiny hanger with beautifully sign written: 'Fly Merc Air'
and subtitled: 'all properliners welcome!'...(in blue I think):ernae:

Crusader
February 1st, 2011, 04:40
Hi,

Hmmmm .. I wonder if their registration system still working at all ...
Registration page tell 3 steps ...
When all filled in the first registration page (user name + adress mail twice) and register button hit ... nothing happen ...
Very strange ..... seem's it's a error somewhere.

EDIT:
OK finally it's worked after multilple attempts .. :)
Now I'm waiting one admin to wake up and confirm the registration .... :)

I've tried twice with the same results . I guess I try a couple more times then fire off an email and see if they can correct the problems .

nigel richards
February 1st, 2011, 05:25
I've tried twice with the same results . I guess I try a couple more times then fire off an email and see if they can correct the problems .

I'm just not getting through to you guys, am I? Don't you see?
Its not what you do for the 'sign up here' bloke. It's who you know!

Now they're taking it out on this poor guy Crusader! Why?....Why,Why,Why?

BECAUSE THIS INNOCENT FELLOW DECIDED TO EXPAND HIS COLLECTION OF
BEECH 18S A M P H I B I A N repaints

You see Crusader I now have a key to OZ!Yes Siree! It came in my mailbox this morning.
Thought it was another bluff. NO! I now proudly own the 66 repaints, the whole 157 mBugger lot! How? Because I went PUBLIC and threatened those responsible at SOH with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEeNmSOEgQY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEeNmSOEgQY)

The secret is to fill in the register thoroughly and SLOWLY. No spaces if using two word names.
Then when you submit each stage (three I think) on pressing submit WAIT it takes sometime.
Patience Cusader!

magoo
February 1st, 2011, 09:02
I'm getting spooked.

I've never seen Willy "go soft" before.....

....Could it be the end of the world as we know it...? (And who feels fine?)

Willy
February 1st, 2011, 09:12
It's me meds. ;)

nigel richards
February 1st, 2011, 10:27
Fear not Magoo, "Willy's softening" really means 'considering'. You obviously know him better than I do! But I realised from the start that Willy aint to be taken lightly. Firstly, he's a 'prop' man.
And we all know that jets are toys for boys...props are planes for men. Don't we? Maybe he has a heart of 44carat but he's as tough on the outside as hi-tech titanium. But I've been through that already.

Hey Willy, what's this 'med' business? Is this some new covert secret coding to put me off the scent...? What's going on around here? Something's going down, Yeah, and where's Tom Clayton EH?

Where are they hiding him? Or has he made a run for it too?...that's it!

He's legged it with Milton Shupe I bets. Kinda watching his back from all the loonies here! How does it go now?...Er 'scuse me Mr Shupe when ya gonna do sutchnsutcha version of the Dash 7, ya know... the one with 35,500 rivets on the port wingtip that YOU forgot to give us wretches! http://64.19.142.13/www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/smilies/violent-smiley-031.gif
WIP...yeah sure I know now, that's what they use on the poor guy to make sure he gives them what they want. And has he ever said NO? Never! Because when they want something they call him MR. And being the gentleman he is, he never refuses.

Jesus wept! He gave you all the Dash 7 yonks ago and how many re-paints did he get in return for all his sweat and tears? What more do they want from him! So the guy's kinda worn out, needs a break, switch off and think things out little. And as soon as his back's turned along comes some 'imposer' using Milton's name and starts writing wierd stuff about 'nudies are good from the start' and all that. Then he starts saying that as soon as Milton is back he'll even make a-7 where you can stash things in. Ya know, bit like an attic.

:USA-flag:But Willy its down to the two of us now! You're the only guy I trust round here now. Apart from Rami who's also up on the 'missing' list. They're dropping like flies pal...first Smoothie, then Tom, now poor Rami!

Crusader
February 1st, 2011, 11:23
I'm just not getting through to you guys, am I? Don't you see?
Its not what you do for the 'sign up here' bloke. It's who you know!

Now they're taking it out on this poor guy Crusader! Why?....Why,Why,Why?

BECAUSE THIS INNOCENT FELLOW DECIDED TO EXPAND HIS COLLECTION OF
BEECH 18S A M P H I B I A N repaints

You see Crusader I now have a key to OZ!Yes Siree! It came in my mailbox this morning.
Thought it was another bluff. NO! I now proudly own the 66 repaints, the whole 157 mBugger lot! How? Because I went PUBLIC and threatened those responsible at SOH with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEeNmSOEgQY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEeNmSOEgQY)

The secret is to fill in the register thoroughly and SLOWLY. No spaces if using two word names.
Then when you submit each stage (three I think) on pressing submit WAIT it takes sometime.
Patience Cusader!

All is well . I sent a very polite email(honestly) and got a VERY quick response back(Jerry?) and he reset my password . I've been PC'ing and flightsiming since the FS-3 days and although I've heard of Com-Central , I for some reason , never got involved with it . Boy have I been missing out . Really like this site .

Rich:ernae:

T6flyer
February 1st, 2011, 12:43
Having recently re-installed FS9 after shall we say a minor mishap (dont ever pull the power cable out of the socket with the computer running), the Beech 18 was one of the first to be re-installed and thanks to this thread, my interest in the type has grown again.

I've managed to download the Com-Central repaint package, and have been trying a few of them out - superb stuff indeed, but thought that one of the 18s that have sampled a lot in real life would have been included and it wasnt.

This was Beech Expeditor 3NM G-BKGM/N5063N that for years was the 'Mother Ship' for the British based Harvard Formation Team based at North Weald. I had quite a few flights in her over the years and would be very interested to know if such a scheme does exist for FS2004?

Happy Landings,

Martin30077300763007530078

Willy
February 1st, 2011, 12:58
Don't think I've ever seen that one and wouldn't mind having it myself. Good RAF paints for the Twin Beech are rather scarce.

Flight 19 did a ferry flight across the North Atlantic a while back and I settled for a RCAF paint due to not having a decent RAF one.

nigel richards
February 1st, 2011, 23:47
Don't think I've ever seen that one and wouldn't mind having it myself. Good RAF paints for the Twin Beech are rather scarce.

Flight 19 did a ferry flight across the North Atlantic a while back and I settled for a RCAF paint due to not having a decent RAF one.

Willy, T6flyer seems 'okay' so is Crusader! I think we can trust them, they're on our side (they like the Beech). Boy! Did you see what they did to his power cable? These guys are ruthless and will stop at nothing! But at least they didn't get his Beech: T6flyer must be a few steps ahead I reckon.
Just don't believe anything any of those 'others' tell you about Flight 19 buddy, they're just trying to keep the truth from you:

1) Because you've got the Beech 18s repaints.

2) Because they know both of us will do our uttermost to promote this excellent plane.

You see my dear fellow, Flight 19 ceased to exist decades ago! And it wasn't a ferry flight, but a navigation exercise. I have 'detailed files' on this (which I will confidentially pass on to you in due course).
They disappeared near Bermuda Willy. Simply disappeared!
...and so did the amphibian that went searching for them! It may have been one of them 'big red and white jobs' which were painted dark blue then, to put...you 'know who' of their scent.
But the official statement said: PBY. (I didn't buy that)

I tell you Willy, there's wierd things going on around here lately!

As always, while Milton and Tom are 'away' and you're on treble 'watch', please do the usual and delete any sensitive material here before 'releasing' this post.

Watch your back mate, I'll be lookin' out for ya!