PDA

View Full Version : Drag Strp Scenery?

Milton Shupe
January 30th, 2011, 09:51
Anybody know if Drag Strip Scenery exists in FS9 or FSX?

For this project: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=49255

crashaz
January 31st, 2011, 19:44
LOL! Let me see if I can put something together. I know Firebird Raceway just south of Phoenix intimately well.

Nice work there Milton!! :applause:

OleBoy
January 31st, 2011, 21:57
How bout S.I.R? Seattle International Raceway http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIJ4UcqtQWg

Milton Shupe
February 1st, 2011, 15:35
LOL! Let me see if I can put something together. I know Firebird Raceway just south of Phoenix intimately well.

Nice work there Milton!! :applause:

Excellent! :applause:

crashaz
February 10th, 2011, 00:22
Ok I have got the autogen exclude, flatten (1153.6 ' = 351.617 m) and track location in.

Track using a simple stock Black_Beach texture for the moment.

Also using windsocks to mark the start and the end of the 1/4 mile LOL!

Will continue adding the rest of Firebird Raceway to include the road course and apron/garage areas.

Right now though you have a nice spot to test your dragster Milton.

I got up to 77 mph in the 1/4 mile in the ultralight. :wiggle:

Drop me a PM with your email addy and I will zip up the 2 BGLs and the saved flight to send to ya!

Milton Shupe
February 10th, 2011, 05:21
That's great Crashaz!

Like the road course or oval track idea too for this one in the works. :)

OleBoy
February 10th, 2011, 06:06
That's a nice one you got there too Milton. AMC Gremlin/Nova style

Daveroo
February 10th, 2011, 07:53
love that modified,,dove one that looked simular,,well the main body...the hood and nose was differant..but i didnt own it and i went through a spat of depression and tossed all my pics in the late 90s...otherwise id show ya......im suuuuuch a dork sometimes

Milton Shupe
February 10th, 2011, 18:18
That's a nice one you got there too Milton. AMC Gremlin/Nova style

Actually it is a 427 powered 1970 Ford Pinto patterned after the attached. I thought about doing teh Gremlin but liked the looks of this one better.

crashaz
February 18th, 2011, 09:24
Have the road course now added. Going to pause on development as I am jumping in with the RTW team for the annual race.

Will post a pic sometime this weekend showing the entire course.
:wavey:

Milton Shupe
February 18th, 2011, 15:24
That sounds great. Sounds like that will be ready about when these two cars are ready. :jump:

crashaz
February 27th, 2011, 15:40
Moved to ADE for project...needed that asphalt surface. Also major need for brakes... WHOAAAAA!

:wiggle:

Milton Shupe
February 27th, 2011, 17:37
Moved to ADE for project...needed that asphalt surface. Also major need for brakes... WHOAAAAA!

:wiggle:

Sounds great Crash! Brakes huh? Well, limit your run in the dragster to 4.5 seconds; flaps (chute) also provide lots of braking power.

For the 427 Ford, keep speeds below 150 and you will do fine. :wiggle:

crashaz
February 27th, 2011, 22:40
Flaps ahhhhh.... yep that should work just fine.

Strip working much better with ADE runway with centerline only. That dragster is smokin!!

Milton Shupe
March 11th, 2011, 19:46
We have made great progress on the model, the flight model (handles amazingly like a stock car after a lot of hours tweaking), sounds, and panel/gauges. Awaiting textures. Once we get textures, we will be ready for a beta on this car.