PDA

View Full Version : Two water scenery queries

dhasdell
January 30th, 2011, 06:50
(i) The tide seems to have gone out on the Thames. Surely it's not meant to be like this:

(ii) Using VFR Real Scenery at the recommended settings I get strange coastlines like this:

Any suggestions, please? I know my comp is elderly, but surely if the scenery is loading it ought to look right?

Roger
January 30th, 2011, 07:22
The Thames by London Bridge can be fixed with a terrain.cfg file that was offered by a designer...I'll try and remember to look it up. The extra coastline looks like a conflict between UTX and VFR. There may be fixes on their forums.

FAC257
January 30th, 2011, 08:44
That's the Modified Terrain Config file that takes care of that issue.

You can grab it over at Avsim under:
"fsx_modified_terrain_cfg.zip"

It's one of the "must have" files for FSX + Acceleration. From what I remember the problem was fixed at one time and then when Acceleration was released, the problem was accidently re-introduced.

Whenever I have to do an FSX reinstall, that is one of the very first files I install just after getting Acceleration up and running.

FAC

dhasdell
January 30th, 2011, 11:36
Thank you both - that was certainly what I needed for the Thames, which looks a lot better now. The zip file even includes "before" and "after" pics of London looking very much like mine.

If UTX is Ultimate Terrain X, that can't be the problem with my coastline as I don't have it!