CodyValkyrie
January 29th, 2011, 16:43
Some more:

CodyValkyrie
January 29th, 2011, 16:45
And some more!

rwmarth
January 29th, 2011, 16:46
one of the icons of flight getting the FSX treatment finally!

CodyValkyrie
January 29th, 2011, 16:47
Last 2 pictures. Enjoy!

Milton Shupe
January 29th, 2011, 16:58
That is some beautiful interior modeling and textures. I like it. :applause:

OleBoy
January 29th, 2011, 17:27
Tom seems to be busy. It shows. Is looking very nice as I am liking the pit. The engines look well, give a few close up of them radials won't ya Cody

Sundog
January 29th, 2011, 18:16
Wow, that looks great, and I like all of the paint schemes and the float plane version is definitely a bonus!

Cag40Navy
January 29th, 2011, 18:39
Its so beautiful! Cant wait for it!

CodyValkyrie
January 29th, 2011, 23:00
Yes, I have been a bit fortunate to watch this plane develop over the last few months. Tom is very much wishing for this plane to be good, and he is pouring a lot of energy into it. I can see why so many developers have not wished to develop against the Ford.... it's a nightmare to get the skin to look right.

Paul K
January 30th, 2011, 01:07
I can see why so many developers have not wished to develop the Ford.... it's a nightmare to get the skin to look right.

Indeed, those corrugated skin textures are going to dance all over the place whenever the viewpoint alters. You can see evidence of it already in some of the exterior shots above.

CodyValkyrie
January 30th, 2011, 03:25
I think Tom is doing a wonderful job on it regardless. Anytime you stick a bunch of lines that close, it will play tricks depending on your anti-aliasing, mapping and other things. I've been waiting for a good Tri-Motor since FS2004, when I was tutting around in the default one around New York looking for a spot to land in the snow.

CodyValkyrie
January 30th, 2011, 15:39
Hmmm, Tom assured me that the Beta would be ready relatively soon. I don't think this plane is too far off now folks.

CodyValkyrie
January 31st, 2011, 16:41
Some new pictures. These look really good, as the AA is much higher from what I can tell. He has done more work since the last shots. Apparently he is getting a lot of help from the gentlemen over at the Golden Wings Museum, and as such will be painting their bird up.

Getting better and better IMHO.

Bomber_12th
January 31st, 2011, 17:16
As you say Cody, in those last two screenshots, the aircraft looks even better than before! Really looking forward to this!

Speaking of the Golden Wings Museum, it would be great to one day have a variant with the windscreen design that both of the historic Golden Wings Museum Ford Trimotors have - something not seen before in flight sim as far as I know. It is already really cool that various versions are being covered - I look forward to 'flying' a float-version of the Trimotor for the first time!

http://www.goldenwingsmuseum.com/Photo's/FORD_1.jpg

http://www.antiqueairfield.com/articles/show/231-greg-herrick-s-second-ford-tri-motor-project

CWOJackson
January 31st, 2011, 19:46
Beautiful work...looking forward to this.

Pips
January 31st, 2011, 20:28
Most impressive. Fascinating era of Flight. :)

OleBoy
January 31st, 2011, 20:33
Wow, I just saw the latest shots you posted Cody. Tom is going all out, and it shows. It's looking very nice. Vintage, all the way buddy!

gera
February 1st, 2011, 06:15
Great stuff. You would be surprised to know how much this aircraft was used throughout Latin America. A workhorse all over the many mountains and jungles both as a passenger plane and freighter....Will be on the lookout for it with glee!!!:ernae:

Cazzie
February 1st, 2011, 16:57
There should be a Paint Kit to it John.

Tom's busted his yarbals on this one guys, it will be worth the "cheap" cost and wait, almost in Beta test stage.

Caz

johannesl
February 1st, 2011, 21:53
It looks great, hope it flys as well as it looks.

The Trimotor is the loudest airplane I have ever flown in. It's like sitting in a drum with Gene Krupa beating on it multiplied by 10, and then it left the ground.

OBIO
February 1st, 2011, 22:05
When my Dad was in the USMC back in the late 50s, early 60s, he was heading from on leave. Using Seat Available on military aircraft. Got stranded someplace with no Seat Available for something like 3 days. The ONLY plane heading in the right direction so he could get home in time for Christmas was a Ford Tri-Motor. The guy told Dad he could ride along for free, but that he would have to sit on the floor as his plane only had 2 seats...one for the pilot and one for the co-pilot. Dad happily jumped at the chance to get moving toward home.

Dad's impression of that flight. He said that being inside that Tri-Motor was the loudest sound he had ever experienced. The roar of the three engines, the entire corregated sheet metal covering vibrating like an old storage shed during a severe hail storm. He endured 5 hours of this hellish sound assault. And he said it was COLD! Sitting on the floor, with no heat, in the winter, at several thousand feet...he said he had never been that cold in his entire life. He said it took him 3 days to get warm after that flight.

Dad's account of his flight in the Tri-Motor intrigued me as a child. And the beauty of the plane added to it. I fly the FS2004 default Tri-motor more than any other default plane. The Ford Tri-Motor will always have a special place in my heart.

The screenshots of the CR1 Tri-Motor are breath taking. Wow...one more reason to dream of the day I can run FSX.

OBIO

flaviossa
March 16th, 2011, 06:35
Itīs available now at simmarket.com :salute: