PDA

View Full Version : Not even 9AM yet...and already this hasn't been a good day

OBIO
January 29th, 2011, 04:51
I can't remember what time it was when Deb came rushing into the bedroom and woke me up to inform me that one member of our family is dead, a house is burning down, 4 members of the family are homeless. Not much clear cut info at the moment....and nothing that we can really do but sit here and feel like someone just ripped the ground out from under our feet once again.

For those who have any space left on your prayer cards...this family could use some prayers again. Oh boy...the number of you folks who have developed calluses on your knees saying prayers on my behalf or on behalf of folks I love....you all are wonderful friends to say the least.

OBIO

Navy Chief
January 29th, 2011, 05:45
Obio,

That is horrible news, just horrible. I will have you all in my prayers today.

NC

Roadburner440
January 29th, 2011, 06:01
Sorry to hear that. Just as you got a bit of good news a week or so ago. Now this. Things always happen for a reason though, and hopefully things will be better in the end for all involved. Also sorry to hear a family member passed. My deepest regards for that.

rpjkw
January 29th, 2011, 06:03
Lots of room on my prayer card, Obio.

Bob

Thoe6969
January 29th, 2011, 06:07
You will have my prayers for sure,sorry to hear you lost a family member in this tragedy.

brad kaste
January 29th, 2011, 06:15
Tim,....sorry to hear this latest bit of news. For sure you guys will be in my thoughts and prayers.

norab
January 29th, 2011, 06:50
will keep you and yours in my prayers

OBIO
January 29th, 2011, 06:52
Here's what I know so far. My nephew..the husband of my wife's sister's daughter...is dead. Gone at the age of 27 or 28. A nurse who works with my sister-in-law, Dee..the mother of the daughter whose husband is dead....was on her way to work, drove by the house and thought she saw smoke coming from the back of the house. She turned around and stopped...she is the one who called 911. Wayne was found on the kitchen floor and was pronounced DOA. Heather, Deb's niece, and the three kids were not at home and are okay. Laney, the family dog..and a really great one at that...is missing, presumed to be dead since she was in the house...which really isn't a huge concern in light of other losses, but still a loss that the entire family will feel.

Still feel like I should be doing SOMETHING. Just sitting here waiting to hear news is the hardest thing to do....but I know that there's really nothing I can do.

OBIO

I just realized today's date...it was just a month ago yesterday that this family lost Jack....Deb's dad. Once I realized that, I remembered the old saying that deaths come in threes.

TomSteber
January 29th, 2011, 07:45
So sorry to hear this news. There's always more room for prayers needed.
As hard as it is to wait, you'll know what you need to do when it's time.
Sometimes, just being there can help a person. Even if your not "doing" much.
I guess first things first. They will need to find a place to stay. That's where I would start.
Then funeral planning.
Again, I'm so sorry for your unexpected loss. But, I do know how you feel.

Daveroo
January 29th, 2011, 10:11
wow...just when you think things are sorta looking up it bites ya again..sorry for your loss Obio...im not a praying man..nor much for religion..but ive learned in the "sim-outhouse" to pray for my friends and theyre families and friends and its brought me a piece i havent known for many years...i wanna know..is that bad of me? to have found an inner piece through the outhouse?

OBIO
January 29th, 2011, 13:53
What a day. When Deb woke me up, I expected to hear her say that I needed to get up and potty the dogs. Was totally unprepared to hear her say that a family member was dead and that the house was burning.

The fire investigation found that the fire started in the kitchen, with a pan of some sort being left unattended on the stove. The fire was so hot that the pot had melted onto the surface of the stove. Wayne was found in the living room, on the floor. Official ruling is that the fire was an accidental fire, no official ruling on cause of death...but it will come back as smoke inhalation.

Wayne was 28. A really nice guy. He had some problems that he was working through, but he was doing the best he could to be a good husband, a good dad to the three kids (Landon, 4, is his son with Heather, my niece, and Lauryn, 6, and Lexi, 10, are from my niece's previous relationships...but Wayne loved those girls as much as he loved his son). Such a tragedy...but one that could have been worse. As it turned out, this weekend was the weekend for the girls to spend with their dads and my niece was visiting friends and had Landon with her. The loss of one family member is hard enough, but the loss of 5 would have been even harder to handle.

Laney, the family dog, was found dead under Wayne and Heather's bed....which is where she would run and hide whenever she was scared. That dog was the calmest, sweetest, most loving little thing. Everyone in the family loved her. She did not have a singed hair on her body...looking at her, she looked like she was simply asleep.

One thing that came out that really hit me hard was the fact that Wayne was wearing his much loved LA Raiders stocking cap when he was found.....I bought him that cap for Christmas a couple years ago.

-------

If there is any lesson to come out of this tragedy.....please make sure your fire detectors are in working order. Check them monthly...weekly....and change the batteries at least twice a year...even if they still test okay. And never leave the stove unattended.

----

OBIO

limjack
January 29th, 2011, 15:35
So difficult to take in these tragedies. Indeed, prayers to you and your family. So sad.

Jim

BOOM
January 29th, 2011, 15:45
Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.God Bless.

robert41
January 29th, 2011, 16:32
Prayers go out to you and family OBIO.

aeromed202
January 29th, 2011, 19:02
Oh man, I'm pullin for all of you.

Jagdflieger
January 29th, 2011, 19:36
My condolences Obio. The winter season brings more than its fair share of fires and tragedies.

gigabyte
January 29th, 2011, 20:21
such a shame, someone so young, Obio my prayers and condolences to you and the family, words really can't explain your feelings I am sure, and your niece and the children must be devistated.

Take care Obio, and know our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.