PDA

View Full Version : screw'd up my FSDSV3 install

ian elliot
January 27th, 2011, 09:32
Just recently ive been having problems making fairly simple shapes in my install of FSDSv3, , usurally tube based objects, that although showing in the X,Y,X views, will not show in the preview window after cloneing, using both cut and paste and the clone feature, see the screen shots, ive also check'd that all the polys are facing the right way in poly mode.
Ive contacted the help at the FSDS support, which they recomended upgrading my Directx and vidio drivers, which im reluctant to do as i feel im running the best combination of drivers to run FS9 and i dont want to screw FS9 up just to get FSDS running right, also, as this is a problem that has only recently appeard, i cant think what ive done to alter my FSDS set-up.
any ideas, cheers ian

Sid2008
January 28th, 2011, 10:06
Go to Adam howe's blog and there is some help there in how to set up FSDS. Also FSDS help files show how to set it up for FS9. Abacus' website for FSDS 3.5 has links to al the files you need to get is setup for FS9. If you have problems still, contact Adam howe at Abacus and follow his instructions.
Good luck. I know that it can be frustrating sometimes.
Sid

Sid2008
January 28th, 2011, 10:09
A few days ago hairyspin (I thnik0 gave me a massive hint: play with the moments of inertia to get my aircraft to stop bobbing up and down while parked.

This hint did the charm and i thank him for it.

This got me wondering if you design gurus like Milton and others could write just a few simple workds in what parameters to change in an aircraft.cfg file to make the plane to be "quick" vs lethargic, and so on.

Please keep it simple for dummies like me.
thanks,
Sid

FelixFFDS
January 30th, 2011, 16:08
What version of Windows are you using? XP/VIsta/7 ??

I've gotten that from time to time when copy/pasting to different model pages as well. Typically, I'll save the project, go out of FSDS and reopen the program.

Stratobat
January 30th, 2011, 19:07
What version of Windows are you using? XP/VIsta/7 ??

Looks like Windows XP, Felix :wavey:

Regards,
Stratobat