PDA

View Full Version : Ai aircraft in ETO and MAW

Old Tiger
January 27th, 2011, 05:22
:wavey:I know there is a number of ai only aircraft in ETO and MAW and perhaps in PTO. What are they and how many? I think the Bloch 152 And Curtiss H75A are two of em. :salute:

Thanx:ernae:

Pat Pattle
January 27th, 2011, 05:45
Hi Old Tiger,

You can find out by running the Mission Builder, all aircraft will appear in the drop down menu when when yu go to place one on the map.

Hope that helps!

Old Tiger
January 27th, 2011, 06:16
Hi Old Tiger,

You can find out by running the Mission Builder, all aircraft will appear in the drop down menu when when yu go to place one on the map.

Hope that helps!

:ernae:Thanks Pat I'll try that, :applause:learn sometin new everyday:salute:

Led Zeppelin
January 27th, 2011, 08:18
GM 167, HS 126, Blenheim MkIV, FW 189, Cant Z.1007 among others.

Old Tiger
January 27th, 2011, 08:30
:salute:Thanks Led, I'll check em out.:ernae:

NachtPiloten
January 27th, 2011, 11:51
for

the Halifaxes, B24's, some of the Lancasters (at least I have them), b17, don't remember any fighters or German bombers .....

Daiwilletti
January 27th, 2011, 14:00
ETO BoB era - lots of AI hurris, spitfires, and also usually an AI variant for each German bomber (mind you I've got a couple of packs of Fouteman's Dorniers and He 111s and thay all come with AI variants).........

NachtPiloten
January 28th, 2011, 02:26
The benefit of AI's rests in the designer's approach to compiling the model. Many ai's are such by simply not having a vc, which will not impact framerates all that much since the vc comes into play only in the virtual mode. So the real framerate benefits are rooted to the fact that instead of having the LOD 100 (most detailed) version being viewed, the designer may use an LOD 60 or 50 as the most detailed (which was designed to be more framerate friendly). Thus the plane that is seen is rather sparse and sometimes much less refined. Just renaming the main model to ai and not having a set of vc's really does not help too much. Not saying there is not some benefit, but it is much less then if the designer intends to make the ai's as part of the model when it is released. Look at a few examples. Some of the ai lancasters have a main model of about 3.1 mb (same size and nonAI's) and some 2.3 or so. The 2.3 were made when the designer decided to have ai's that were part of the original process so he/she was able to reduce the size and subsequently the load on the sim. Look at some of the Halifaxes, main model in the 4.2 range and ai's less then 1 mb. Compare that the the ai b17, and he111, the main model and ai have are the same size, so the only benefit would be possibly how cfs3 loads models w/ vc's which may result in a reduced load, but far less than if the model is designed as such.

hairyspin
January 28th, 2011, 07:17
The benefit of AI's rests in the designer's approach to compiling the model...

Thanks for that Ted, much obliged as always! :engel016:

ndicki
January 28th, 2011, 09:38
What Ted says is bang on. Other than FPS, the other advantage of AIs is (as you'll know if you've installed any of our DR2/DL aircraft) that you can alter various characteristics. Guns were mentioned above, but it's also worth knowing that when CFS flies non-player aircraft, they are calculated without the fuel or crew - which is why you might have found your Hurricane being outflown by, say, a Bf110. Hardly realistic! So our AIs use a dummy payload to add extra weight to the computer-flown aircraft, which will effectively bring performance back to where it should be - without changing the flight dynamics. We're not doing it for FPS reasons - it's the same model as the player version so you'll get the same framerates - but in order to make it that bit more realistic an opponent.