PDA

View Full Version : Water bombers

Sid2008
January 26th, 2011, 05:55
Hello everybody.

Both FSX and FS9 has its share of water bombers...the king of which is the payware Martin flying boat by Alphasim.

However, i wonder if there are good FSX missions or FS9 adventures that involve water bomber action where flames are actually put out.

Would'nt that be fun?

Sid

mmann
January 26th, 2011, 13:49
Well I don't do missions but I do create scenery and AI. I started with the freeware Team SDB and AlphaSim release of FSX Sproat Lake Mars Water Bomber Base.

The only part of this package I use is the AI aircraft, flight plan and effects. Even though the package is for FSX the flight plan is for FS9 so I converted it to an FSX plan. Then I created a couple of custom buildings for the base and created an AI capable scenery for Orbx PNW.

The AI water bombers now fly a circuit that includes going north to Great Central Lake then west down the lake before heading south and then east to land at Sproat Lake again. I also threw in a heliport located at the base (CBT9) and included the dock for the Beaver and Goose (although the Goose can use the land start I created and use the ramp to enter the lake.
Regards, Mike Mann