PDA

View Full Version : Saitek - BIP Backlit Information Panel

Pepere
January 25th, 2011, 19:15
Does anyone have a clue as to what the 50+ individual 'command tiles' are?

http://www.flightsim.com/main/notams11/sait0124.htm

David

PS: Ooops posted this twice

Bruce Thompson
January 26th, 2011, 00:16
I hope this will help.29479Just click to enlarge.
I think it also comes with extra tiles so you can customise it to your own design.

YoYo
January 26th, 2011, 03:19
Im thinking about this panel, till now have all Saitek panels (witout clocks). Its good idea for Switch panel as second and additional panel. Switch panel is too dark (if You flight in the dark room), only led with up/down gear.

Pepere
January 26th, 2011, 08:56
Im thinking about this panel, till now have all Saitek panels (witout clocks). Its good idea for Switch panel as second and additional panel. Switch panel is too dark (if You flight in the dark room), only led with up/down gear.

Me too. But first I would like to know the 50+ readings it can give. The picture only shows 24 of them.

David

Pepere
January 29th, 2011, 17:40
This is interesting. The Pro Flight Backlit Information Panel in UK has 70+ available?

PRODUCT FEATURES :

Backlit annunciate Panel
24 Individually controlled segments
3 user defined colours – Red, Orange and Green
Over 70 different legends included in box
http://www.simw.com/product-containers/saitek/pro-flight-backlit-information-panel-bip.html

And 50+ in the us?

PRODUCT FEATURES
Backlit annunciate Panel
24 Individually controlled segments
3 user defined colors — Red, Orange and Green
Over 50 different legends included in box

http://www.fspilotshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=471&osCsid=9e014ba51bd84e4d4c031de833fe5456

Hmmmmm

David

CodyValkyrie
January 29th, 2011, 17:49
Speaking from experience here, I would hold off. A competitor is about to reveal something that will completely blow this thing away. Of course, if you cannot wait.... ;)

Pepere
January 29th, 2011, 18:18
Ya I'm holding off... I need to see some reviews and what's up with the 70+ Vs 50+ different legends?

David

DB93
February 10th, 2011, 06:59
Hi all, I've got a lot of interest in the BIP as well (though I must admit my curiousity is piqued on whatever device is coming out soon that CodyValkyrie mentioned). Unfortunately, a number of people seem to be having crashing issues and issues with lights that light up and don't ever dim out, and lights that seemingly just don't work. In any case, Saitek released a new driver for the BIP a few days ago, and from what I've been hearing, it hasn't fixed a whole lot yet. :( Anyhow, from my understanding, Saitek originally was claiming 70+ tiles, but since reduced the number to 50+, and most web sites just have the old, pre-release information listed. Over on FlightSim, there's a thread that lists the command tiles as well as the issues some folks are having. I'm pretty disappointed, as I really want to get one of these, and already have the OK from my wife, but if it doesn't work, I'll never hear the end of it! LOL.

Anyhow, here is the list of tiles that are included in the box (Thanks to jb721127 on FlightSim's forums, for taking the time to list them!)

Master Warning
Master Caution
Auto Pilot
AP Master
GPS
NAV
MRK
DME
ADF
NAV 1
NAV 2
COM 1
COM 2
BOTH
Vac Low
Pitot Heat
Door Warning
Eng Fire
ENG 1 Fire
ENG 2 Fire
ENG 3 Fire
ENG 4 Fire
Left ENG Fire
Right ENG Fire
Oil Pressure
ENG 1 Oil Pressure
ENG 2 Oil Pressure
ENG 3 Oil Pressure
ENG 4 Oil Pressure
Low Pressure
ENG Oil Temp
ENG 1 Oil Temp
ENG 2 Oil Temp
ENG 3 Oil Temp
ENG 4 Oil Temp
Left Fuel Low
Right Fuel Low
Centre Fuel Low
Fuel Low
Fuel Cross Feed
UP
DOWN
Gear Up
Gear Down
Gear Unsafe
The infamous: Parking Brake
Beacon Light
Strobe Light
Landing Lights
Stall Warning
and one for all those helicopter pilots out there: Rotor Low RPM

Finally, here's a link to the original thread that I got this information from (The command tiles are listed on Page 2 of the thread: http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?226144-Saitek-BIP

Hope this information is helpful to other folks who are considering this unit (I'm still considering getting one and hoping for a future driver that could eliminate the remaining issues.) I'd also love to know more about the panel CodyValkyrie was talking about, but he's obviously not at liberty to discuss it, so I hope information about that panel comes out before I wind up placing an order for the BIP, so I can compare the two before making a purchase. I'm just kind of impatient since I'll be buying it with our tax refund, and I fear if I don't jump while the money is available and the wife is still ok with it, that I might wind up having to wait until next year's tax refund! lol. :icon_lol:

Good luck, and if anyone has the BIP working without issues, PLEASE post! I'd feel more comfortable ordering it if I at least knew there was a chance that it could possibly work right on some setups. Thanks, and good luck everyone! :)

-George