PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop fun

warchild
January 25th, 2011, 03:17
Being restless and unable to sleep tonight, i decided to have a littl bit of fun with the Widow..
The attached image is the result. Admittedly, the scenery has been heavily retouched, but the Widow, is completely untoched.. I hope i did ok, and i hope you all enjoy it :)
Pam

noddy
January 25th, 2011, 03:32
Very nice.

James
January 25th, 2011, 03:33
Impressive.:salute:

roger-wilco-66
January 25th, 2011, 05:01
Nice shot! Looks like Buka airfield, at the tip of Bougainville :jump: ??

Cheers,
Mark

dharris
January 25th, 2011, 06:35
Seeing as how this is a "what if" situation, I was thinking that if they had that nose art back in ww2, they could have landed the plane on Japanese airstrips, and when they saw what our women looked like they would have surrendered on condition of moving to the states! Nice one!

OleBoy
January 25th, 2011, 07:13
That looks nice Pam

hey_moe
January 25th, 2011, 07:46
Me like-ee:ernae:

warchild
January 25th, 2011, 12:19
Seeing as how this is a "what if" situation, I was thinking that if they had that nose art back in ww2, they could have landed the plane on Japanese airstrips, and when they saw what our women looked like they would have surrendered on condition of moving to the states! Nice one!

:::LOL::: They may have tried that.. Seriously thpugh, the only what if here is that the airfield is Kilo airbase in the solomons.. The P-61's actually flew out of tulagi and one other base that i can never remember the name of. For all the photographs taken of her, and all the paintings done there isnt a lot known about the history of Lady in the Dark herself. Named after a musical play done in 1941, The lady had several pilots before seeing the end of the war at Ie Shima where the japanese began their negotiations for surrender. After the war she was transported to the philipines and buried with all her susters from the 458th. Her one claim to glory was that she took down the last enemy fighter of world war two with maj. Lee Kendall at the helm, and she did it without firing a single shot.. I guess maybe she sat on the damned thing and forced it into the ocean or something..

http://www.aviationandspacearts.com/Stan-Vosburg/P61-Black-Widow.html

PS.. Just as an aside.. During the period prior too world war two as well as during the war, the Japanese aesthetic saw american women as being ugly. They saw us as graceless ill mannered uneducated monsters that had no saving graces whatsoever.. even our women. but they did like the way we dressed as well as our automobiles..

roger-wilco-66
January 26th, 2011, 03:23
[...]
Seriously thpugh, the only what if here is that the airfield is Kilo airbase in the solomons.. The P-61's actually flew out of tulagi and one other base that i can never remember the name of. [...]

Koli airfield was a very close '"what if"! Actually, they were stationed at Carney field, which is right next to Koli. The unit was the 419th night fighter unit, staying there from November 1943 until June 1944.
Later in the middle of 1944 they moved up to Buka airfield, retaken from the Japanese, at the top of Bougainville.
Tulagi only had a seaplane base, also known as Gavutu.

The picture below shows a P61 at Carney airfield, the other one is probably well known :-)

Cheers,
Mark

warchild
January 26th, 2011, 03:42
Thanks for clarifying that roger.. Much appreciated.. guess i'll have to pull carney field into afx and feal with the autogen problem i have with it.. it looks like a nice base..
with tulagu, i was thinking of the 421st at Nadzzab, but probably got all confused once again as i just watched PT-109 a couple nights ago ( and i never was good with names )..

SADT
January 26th, 2011, 11:16
Great picture Pam! :salute:

I like how the scenery has that "old photo" look to it :)

roger-wilco-66
January 26th, 2011, 23:12
Thanks for clarifying that roger.. Much appreciated.. guess i'll have to pull carney field into afx and feal with the autogen problem i have with it.. it looks like a nice base..
[...]

Pam,

I work on the update of FSX Solomon 1943 right now, if you let me know of the specific autogen problem (I'm not aware of) I might put a fix on it.

This thread inspired me to overwork Carney field and populate the field with static P61-models in the new Solomon release :-) See pictures!

Cheers,
Mark

29559 29560 29561 29562http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/misc/pencil.pnghttp://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/misc/pencil.png

warchild
January 27th, 2011, 02:28
roger,, Your awesome.. thank youuuu :) :) ...

The particular autogen pronlem i was seeing in fsx is that when i opened the file in AFX, there were no exclusion rectangles for the airport. this was allowing the autogen trees to overrun the field and runway.. As soon as i hacked an exclusion rectangle in ( i wouldnt call it adding.. i'm not even that skilled ) All the autogen disappeared leaving only the trees you put there. I'm definately going to be looking forward to your update. especially with the P-61's added in..
Cirrus has started work on modeling Ie Shima for us and is doing a great job.. With your doing this one and hopefully bouganville ( bats eyes ... pllleeeeease?? ), That will only leave iwo and Wake undone.

PS.. Just noticed you had Moonlight Serenade ip there :;chuckles:; Your good.. damned good.. most eople think Moonlight Serenade was a P-61C because of the paint on the one P-61C at the airforce museu,.. You got it right though. originally, it was a P-61B.. Good work :)