PDA

View Full Version : F-80C Tank Problem

burcham8
January 24th, 2011, 13:49
Guys --

For some reason, I cannot get the tanks on TR's F-80Cs to show up. The aircraft always are tankless. What am I doing wrong?

Marc

Nole
January 25th, 2011, 06:13
Marc, I don't have that aircraft, but you should probably contact TR. He's pretty good about getting your problems solved. His email is in all his downloads and he hangsout on the SimV CFS2 forum on a daily basis. That being said, there are questions that need to be answered by anyone trying to assist: - Are you getting an error message? - Does the Long Range payload showup as an option?

Fibber
January 25th, 2011, 15:49
Burcham;
are you using the TR-F80? If so recheck that you have the fix "f80tank". It addresses the tank problem. I don't currently have the aircraft loaded and TR can get upset if I post it here.

Nole
January 25th, 2011, 16:18
Burcham;
are you using the TR-F80? If so recheck that you have the fix "f80tank". It addresses the tank problem. I don't currently have the aircraft loaded and TR can get upset if I post it here.

I checked out this download, and it is NOT A FIX. It is simply an alternate set of the original F-80 teardrop tanks to replace the oversized 'Misawa' tanks in the first model release. I downloaded and installed the aircraft at SimV, and everything works fine. Marc's problem is probably related to how he installed the droptank BGL.

Fibber
January 25th, 2011, 19:08
That is why I stated that I don't have the aircraft installed just that there were other tanks available. I understood the read-me to be a "fix" but I guess I misconstrued what was written.

Nole
January 25th, 2011, 22:08
I just wanted to clarify that for Marc before he went off on a tangent. I think that his problem involves an improper installation of the tank BGL file, or in his DP. Won't know until he can answer some questions.