PDA

View Full Version : FTX US Blue

DaveKDEN
November 30th, 2008, 10:53
I'll definitely be keeping my eye open for this one (scroll down a bit). Holger's in charge so it's certain to be fantastic!

http://www.fullterrain.com/buynow.html

Cactuskid
November 30th, 2008, 15:41
If it's as good as the three Orbx Aussie packs that I have with Holger's Australia mesh, put me on the list for this one! :jump:

CodyValkyrie
November 30th, 2008, 16:18
Yes, I have been watching this one too. I had heard mention there was some side projects working with it. Since this is where I live, this is a must buy.

crashaz
December 1st, 2008, 08:34
WooHoo! A definite buy for me too! Great to hear Holger is running the project with this.... that just seals the deal! :jump:

MudMarine
December 1st, 2008, 08:39
Should be nice!:jump: I just wish someone would do a North Eastern US/Canada but I guess that's not so sexy. Believe it or not there is some beautiful scenery around here also......

tigisfat
December 1st, 2008, 10:41
just remember that it's not actual photo scenery. It's autogen and landclass scenery MADE from photoscenery. Their airports are awesome, but I haven't seen anything that would make their payware scenery worth dying for. I had originally though their scenery was photoreal, but now I think they try to decieve people into believing that.

MM
December 1st, 2008, 10:59
<o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="country-region"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="PlaceType"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="PlaceName"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="place"></o:smarttagtype><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Just to get things straight.
<o:p> </o:p>
Orbx FTX terrain products, developed thus far for <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Australia</st1:place></st1:country-region>, are a combination of several things. They are mainly exquisitely constructed ground textures—designed to capture the feel of the local area. In addition, the designers go a ways toward getting the right coastlines and rivers. (This is done in the manner of UTX though UTX seems more detailed.) To this they have added carefully crafted and positioned autogen buildings and trees to greatly enhance the sense of reality. Altogether, the effect is state-of-the-art. To my taste, the result is more appealing for flight simulation than is photo-real scenery. (Everyone has a different view on this matter.)
The company has also produced a handful of detailed freeware airports and two payware airports (<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placename w:st="on">Melbourne & Cofts</st1:placename> <st1:placetype w:st="on">Harbor</st1:placetype></st1:place>). The airports are icing on the cake.
I believe that the entire group, many of who have been truly wonderful members of the flightsim community, has been entirely straightforward about what they have done.

Best,
Mike

stiz
December 1st, 2008, 11:53
wish they'd do alaska, that'd be great :applause:

txnetcop
December 1st, 2008, 12:16
<o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="country-region"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="PlaceType"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="PlaceName"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="place"></o:smarttagtype><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Just to get things straight.
Orbx FTX terrain products, developed thus far for <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Australia</st1:place></st1:country-region>, are a combination of several things. They are mainly exquisitely constructed ground textures—designed to capture the feel of the local area. In addition, the designers go a ways toward getting the right coastlines and rivers. (This is done in the manner of UTX though UTX seems more detailed.) To this they have added carefully crafted and positioned autogen buildings and trees to greatly enhance the sense of reality. Altogether, the effect is state-of-the-art. To my taste, the result is more appealing for flight simulation than is photo-real scenery. (Everyone has a different view on this matter.)
The company has also produced a handful of detailed freeware airports and two payware airports (<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placename w:st="on">Melbourne & Cofts</st1:placename> <st1:placetype w:st="on">Harbor</st1:placetype></st1:place>). The airports are icing on the cake.
I believe that the entire group, many of who have been truly wonderful members of the flightsim community, has been entirely straightforward about what they have done.

Best,
Mike

Mike you are correct.
Ted