PDA

View Full Version : '2011 Superbowl'

Panther_99FS
January 23rd, 2011, 17:53
Well...
Now that the games are over, one thought resinates in my head....

And that's how similar the Bears/Jets are and how similar Packers/Steelers are...

Bears/Jets:
-Questionable quarterbacks
-A generally anemic offense
-Very strong defense

Packers/Steelers
-All star quarterbacks
-Strong/grinding offenses that can run & pass
-Strong defenses

Yes, this will be a most interesting Superbowl....

rayrey10
January 23rd, 2011, 18:35
I think that experience (particularly at the QB positions) will help the Steelers. It's definitely going to be a good Super Bowl.

Panther_99FS
January 23rd, 2011, 18:48
I think that experience (particularly at the QB positions) will help the Steelers. It's definitely going to be a good Super Bowl.

I would say that the Packers have a bit of an uphill battle...If you take away the Hanie "Pick-6", then you have a 14-14 game vs the Bears. Given that the Steelers offense and quarterbacks are much better than the Bears, the Packers will have their work cut out for them....But then again, that's why the game is played...

EasyEd
January 23rd, 2011, 19:09
Hey All

I agree that the Packers and the Steelers are alot alike but not the Bears and Jets. The Jets were totally lethargic in the first half getting pushed around the way they did. The offensive line and the defense to some extent actually came alive in the second half. I think Buddy Ryan's son "lit into them" and rightfully so. Sanchez is a far far far better QB than Cutler and will only get better. He is not a running QB but as of yet you don't need to be. It will be a grind em out superbowl.

-Ed-

Bushpounder
January 23rd, 2011, 19:36
GO STEELERS!!!!! :applause:

Don :wavey:

b52bob
January 23rd, 2011, 19:55
GO (nextyear) CHARGERS!

luckydog
January 23rd, 2011, 21:06
Really disappointed this year.....
not one of my many teams even made it to the play-offs:
Denver
Houston
Dallas
Carolina and
Tennessee all sucked big time........:isadizzy:

pilottj
January 23rd, 2011, 21:21
Aye, my niners were a bit of a dissapointment. I didn't blame Singletary so much I just think he was out of his element, he would make an excellent Linebackers coach or some other defensive coaching position. I am sure he could make the rounds as a motivational speaker and do quite well. Harbaugh might make things interesting but it will be a few years before we see any results. But this season's results didn't bother me, I am still glowing from the Giants winning the series...what about 3 months ago, sometimes I still can't believe they did it after so many years of futility and frustration. I sympathise with the Bears fans, but I bet a lot of them are Cubs fans too and know exactly what I mean.

Oh well good luck to both superbowl participants, I will pull for the Pack.

Cheers
TJ

TomSteber
January 24th, 2011, 02:09
The last time the Steelers played the Pack, Big Ben threw for something like 500 yards!
That won't happen this time around. The Steelers also won on the very last play with a touchdown, otherwise the Packers would have won that one. I was hoping for the Jets.
Pack already beat them this year. But no, it'll have to be the hard way. Packers are 2-2 1/2 point favorites as of now. Should be a good one.
Go Pack!

Trans_23
January 24th, 2011, 08:58
Aye, my niners were a bit of a dissapointment. I didn't blame Singletary so much I just think he was out of his element, he would make an excellent Linebackers coach or some other defensive coaching position. I am sure he could make the rounds as a motivational speaker and do quite well. Harbaugh might make things interesting but it will be a few years before we see any results. But this season's results didn't bother me, I am still glowing from the Giants winning the series...what about 3 months ago, sometimes I still can't believe they did it after so many years of futility and frustration. I sympathise with the Bears fans, but I bet a lot of them are Cubs fans too and know exactly what I mean.

Oh well good luck to both superbowl participants, I will pull for the Pack.

Cheers
TJ

Singletary has already taken a spot as linebackers coach with the Vikings and former team mate Leslie Frasier who was named head coach after the season.

pilottj
January 24th, 2011, 11:05
Thats great news, I wish him the best. He might not the have been the best head coach but he was a helluva motivator and a good man :salute:

Cazzie
January 24th, 2011, 12:40
Too bad Sanchez had to wait until the 2nd half to get his dookie together or that may have been a different story. And one can say the same had Hanie been inserted in the first half and got at least one score.

Of all on Big Ben is truly veteran. Aaron Rodgers was pretty much stimmied by the Bears after that 1st quarter.

I like the Packers - Steelers match-up and bet it will be a total scalp-them sell-out live and may even draw the largest audience ever on TV. These are people's teams, I think it will be a very physical game. Go Cheeseheads.

Caz

rayrey10
January 24th, 2011, 13:29
Black and Yellow! Black and Yellow! Black and Yellow!

Panther_99FS
January 24th, 2011, 15:54
Singletary has already taken a spot as linebackers coach with the Vikings and former team mate Leslie Frasier who was named head coach after the season.

Looks like the "Purple People Eaters" will be back in Minnesota....

Tom Clayton
January 24th, 2011, 20:24
At least we clinched the #1 draft slot! :isadizzy: