:jump::jump::jump::jump:

SirBenn21
January 23rd, 2011, 15:43
Magnificent!

A2A are really inovative!

Ben

warchild
January 23rd, 2011, 16:41
I'm going to stickie this. Its beautifully done and explains things so clearly that even a brick wall could understand it.. Great video.. Thanks A2A. :)
Pam

JayKae
January 23rd, 2011, 17:19
Pam, I just spoke to my brick wall but I could not get much out of it ;)

W. Bleddyn
January 23rd, 2011, 17:21
Great video. The Spit is my all time favourite plane and IMO the most beautiful machine ever made.Once the Accu Sim is available I doubt I will fly much else.

robert41
January 23rd, 2011, 18:30
Great video. Thanks for posting.

CODY
January 23rd, 2011, 19:52
I hate these video's.....
I find my self trying use the mouse to look around and click on things!:isadizzy:

Please hurry A2A......This is gonna be great!

Jeff

pilottj
January 23rd, 2011, 21:32
oh boy I told myself I would hold off until the mustang but I don't know if I am going to be able to make it...and then I heard a rumor that a Spitfire Mk IX would be released sometime down the road as an addon to this spitfire...can someone confirm this one? If that is so, I will for sure get the spitifre :D Geez...Turbine Duke and A2A Spitfire about to be released...

AusWilko
January 23rd, 2011, 22:52
...and then I heard a rumor that a Spitfire Mk IX would be released sometime down the road as an addon to this spitfire...can someone confirm this one? If that is so, I will for sure get the spitifre :D Geez...Turbine Duke and A2A Spitfire about to be released...

I'm in the exact same camp, if they are doing the IX down the track I'll bite otherwise I'll hold and see about the P51

lucas81
January 23rd, 2011, 23:49
My deepest respect to Scott for the great explanation of how the different propellers work. The video is simply awesome and I can't wait for the relase :salute:

txnetcop
January 24th, 2011, 01:50
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A2A ROCKS!

peter12213
January 24th, 2011, 03:30
Awesome!!!!!!!!

Brett_Henderson
January 24th, 2011, 04:39
Excellent prop-type explanation.. clears up the confusion about a pilot controling blade-pitch with a constant-speed prop..

:salute:

Bomber_12th
January 24th, 2011, 07:37
Good teaching vid for those not in the know. Glad to see they have gotten the correct take off RPM on the Weybridge prop. Imagine taking off in a Merlin-powered aircraft with only 2200-RPM, compared to 3,000 with a constant-speed prop!

stiz
January 24th, 2011, 08:04
whilst absolutly awesome ... i cant help but think ... did the video delay the plane i want to get me dirtys mits on in any way! :icon_lol:

pilottj
January 24th, 2011, 08:39
Good teaching vid for those not in the know. Glad to see they have gotten the correct take off RPM on the Weybridge prop. Imagine taking off in a Merlin-powered aircraft with only 2200-RPM, compared to 3,000 with a constant-speed prop!

Lol I remember flying an old 172 that had a fairly high time O-360 on it that would only get 22-2300...climbout was rather slow:icon_lol: Fortuantely it was just a quick training flight and I think that bird went in for it's overhaul soon after.

huub vink
January 24th, 2011, 11:18
It is a very nice explanation of the various propeller types, but the coolest thing about this model is that they combined the three different propellers in one model so you really experience the difference.

Nice job A2A!

Huub

JAllen
January 25th, 2011, 06:28
SO...Why do I keep watching this video!!!!! I've sat through it 6 times already. How the weak minded are so easily entertained! LOL

Can't wait for the release to add to my Accusim collection!!

Lewis-A2A
January 25th, 2011, 06:48
hey guys glad you are liking the video.

Its so different to fly an accuratly simulated prop aircraft + of course get over the age old limitation of having engine sounds tied to the throttle etc, wonderful.

And when people such as Dudley are saying that the simulation is good enough for people to 'check out' on the spit with, we are immensely proud of what has been achieved.

Roger
January 25th, 2011, 09:16
Excellent video!:applause:

X_eidos2
January 25th, 2011, 11:40
It's interesting what catches people's attention the most. For some it's the Spitfire. For others it has been the clear explanation of the propeller and how it works. For myself, the thing that caught my eye was 18:14, which is the length in minutes and seconds of the video.

When did YouTube expand their video time limit? I knew about the old 10 minute limit going to 15 a few months ago, but I didn't see anything about it being extended again. Or does this video count as a commercial video?

The reason I'm obsessing about this is that I've been making a video about the DC-2 and the 1934 MacRobertson air race. I've been trying to squeeze a 40 minute story into 15 minutes the last few weeks and it's making me :isadizzy:

Great job on the video.