PDA

View Full Version : For Kiwis & friends!

Sascha66
January 23rd, 2011, 15:15
A couple of days ago I bought the Frat Bros Design CT4-E Airtrainer from the FSPilot shop. The external model is very nice and the flight model really good.

However, I felt that the VC could do with some improvement, so I asked Nigel Booth of Frat Bros for the photos he used and invested a couple of evenings! The result is uploaded and much more realistic and fun. See screens -->

While I was at it, I tweaked the repaint for Red Checkers #2 to go with the cockpit.

Sascha

PeteHam
January 23rd, 2011, 15:22
Looks great. :applause:

If you ever want more detailed photos of the CT-4 panel or details around the airframe , we have ZK-JMV based in the hangar at Classic Flyers , Tauranga.

I'm rated on the aircraft and would be glad to help.

Pete.

Sascha66
January 23rd, 2011, 15:42
Looks great. :applause:

If you ever want more detailed photos of the CT-4 panel or details around the airframe , we have ZK-JMV based in the hangar at Classic Flyers , Tauranga.

I'm rated on the aircraft and would be glad to help.

Pete.

Some photographs of the airframe would be great! I would love to add some more fine detail, also to the cockpit.

Sascha

Naki
January 23rd, 2011, 17:47
Looks great!...Will this work in FSX?

Must get up in the Airtrainer with you or somone one day, Pete!

mrogers
January 23rd, 2011, 20:00
Wow! your work really enhances the VC. A nice improvement.:applause:

Sascha66
January 23rd, 2011, 23:30

I don't have FSX so can't test it. The model has the same texture mapping so I don't see a reason it won't. Just drop the VC texture in your SimObjects\Airplanes\RNZAF_CT4Ev1\texture folder (backup the original CT4_1_2.bmp just in case).

Panel config is different, though. Try changing the line

gauge16=CT4_XML!hsi, 398,780,108,108 //

to

gauge16=CT4_XML!hsi, 408,785,98,96 //

and

gauge04=CT4_XML!rpm, 192,788,84,84 //

to

gauge04=CT4_XML!rpm, 193,789,84,84 //

in the [Vcockpit01] section. Otherwise these gauges will be misaligned. Let me know if it works or, when it does not, which gauges are out - I'll try to fix it.

Cheers,
Sascha

Motormouse
January 24th, 2011, 00:29

There's a FSX only freeware CT-4 FratBros 'Red Checkers' here

----> http://www.airforce.mil.nz/gallery/download/airtrainerdownload.htm

ttfn

Pete

Sascha66
January 24th, 2011, 00:48
There's a FSX only freeware CT-4 FratBros 'Red Checkers' here

----> http://www.airforce.mil.nz/gallery/download/airtrainerdownload.htm

ttfn

Pete

The panel config changes posted above apply to the freeware Frat Bros FSX plane - I downloaded it and checked the panel config. The setup seems more or less identical to the FS9 version, so I just applied the same position changes. Unfortunately I don't have FSX so can't test it. If it actually works, maybe one of you guys could upload your modified panel.cfg file for FSX pilots?

Cheers,
Sascha