PDA

View Full Version : Saitec Combat Rudder Pedals

Stickshaker
January 22nd, 2011, 10:23
Today my Saitek Combat Rudder pedals arrived. In CFS3 ETO the brake function is reversed, i.e. when the pedals are released the brakes work and when depressed the brakes are off. Now there does not seem to be an option to reverse the brake assignments in CFS3 like you have in, for example, FSX. I cannot find a solution in the profiling software that came with the pedals either. Does anyone perhaps have a solution?

Thanks!

italflyer
January 22nd, 2011, 13:00
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=44328

Stickshaker
January 25th, 2011, 06:39
Thanks so much for these useful tips! I will try them and also have some information from Thrustmaster support. Real life is a but busy but I’ll report back as soon as I tried the suggestions or found another solution (this weekend at the latest).

Stickshaker
February 1st, 2011, 10:19
The pedals work fine in FSX now thanks to the tips I received on the FSX Forum– not using the Saitek control software and deleting all suspect brake assignments seems to have done the trick.
In CFS3 the pedal brakes still work in the wrong direction and I can’t reverse them. I put out a support request but did not get a useful answer as yet.

I’ll keep you posted.

italflyer
February 1st, 2011, 11:37
Hi Stickshaker

I did as Nigel suggested in the thread I mentioned and it die the trick for me.

there was another thread with the same solution explained in aother way, but I can't find it now. Will let you know when I find it.

meanwhile, this is what my .xca - file for the pedals look like. It's near the end of the file.

<Device Type="Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals">
<GameMode Name="Player">
<Axis ID="X" Action="AXIS_LEFT_BRAKE_SET" Scale="65472" Nullzone="36"/>
<Axis ID="Y" Action="AXIS_RIGHT_BRAKE_SET" Scale="65472" Nullzone="36"/>
<Axis ID="Rudder" Action="Set_Yaw" Scale="64" Nullzone="36"/>
<Button ID="1" Action="Fire_Guns"/>
<Button ID="2" Action="FireCannonsOnly"/>
<Button ID="3" Action="ReleaseFireWeapon"/>
<Button ID="4" Action="SelectNextWeapon"/>
<Button ID="5" Action="FLAPS_INCR"/>
<Button ID="6" Action="FLAPS_DECR"/>
<Button ID="7" Action="NextTarget"/>
<Pov ID="1" Action="HeadPov"/>
<Button ID="8" Action="TogglePadlock"/>
</GameMode>

You should overwrite the whole sector from GameMode to GameMode in the RudderPedals section, leaving the rest untouched. Maybe its even OK to put in only the first three lines for the Axis.

Hope this helps.
Cheers

ndicki
February 1st, 2011, 21:27
You have to put a negative instead of a positive value in there somewhere - I had to do it ages ago but can't remember where, as it came our right later. Or was that for IL-2 (which I've since deleted)?

Stickshaker
February 6th, 2011, 04:09
The culprit indeed was in the control assignment file. The axis information Italflyer indicated was under the heading of my earlier CH Pro Pedals. Once I moved it to the Saitek pedals (where there was no axis information, strangely enough) and deleted the Pro Pedals information the problem was solved. So, if you experience problems with controls, check whether there is redundant information on older input devices and whether all necessary information is indeed found under the heading of your current devices.
Ndicki: I tried giving the brake scales a negative sign but it did not work and also turned out not to be necessary.

Thank you all for your help. Now I can truly enjoy my new pedals.