PDA

View Full Version : Found A Copy Of Lae New Guinea Air Field 1937 FS2002

casey jones
January 22nd, 2011, 09:46
I came across a FS2002 Lae New Guinea Air Field used by Ameila Earhart, it was part of FS8 Round The World Flight. I was very exicted as there had been a previous FS8 Lae scenery that was done and can be found on Fltsim.com, but it was not accurate for 1937, this scenry I found had the original Guinea Air Ways hangars and building as I saw them in photgrahs that were taken by the British Consulate at the time AE had landed there. The F8 Lae scenry structure was the same as for FS9 so I atemped to load it into my FS9 Add On Scenery which it accepted..but no where did I find it on my list of airports in FS9. This was a big disappointment as I was hopeing it would work. I do remmenber there is a FS9 scenery for Howland Island which is very very accurate. Now all I have to do is wait and hope a talented scenery maker will create the Lae Air Field as it was in July 1937 for FS9 or FSX.

Cheers

Casey

dogknot
January 22nd, 2011, 11:20
A possibility??

Sometimes the older style sceneries will not show in the airports list (no AFCAD, etc). However, it may still be in the sim.

Normally, selecting the radio button for "Search add-on scenery" will bring up a page of installed sceneries that you may select from and "go to".

Just a thought.