PDA

View Full Version : I am sick, sick, sick!

OBIO
January 22nd, 2011, 06:32
Sicker than I have ever been before. The bulk of the last 30 hours has been spent sleeping, going in and out of fevers, coughing my head off, going from sweating like a fat man on a hot summer day to shivering like paint shaker. I have no idea what the name of the particular Creeping Crud that I have is, but it is the worst I have even been hit by it. Weak! OMG do I feel weak. And washed out/pale. I don't think it's fatal, but I don't think it is far off from being so based on how horrible I feel.

OBIO

Chacha
January 22nd, 2011, 06:35
Sicker than I have ever been before. The bulk of the last 30 hours has been spent sleeping, going in and out of fevers, coughing my head off, going from sweating like a fat man on a hot summer day to shivering like paint shaker. I have no idea what the name of the particular Creeping Crud that I have is, but it is the worst I have even been hit by it. Weak! OMG do I feel weak. And washed out/pale. I don't think it's fatal, but I don't think it is far off from being so based on how horrible I feel.

OBIO

Tim,

I hope and pray you feel better!
Take a lot of fluids (juice, water, soup)
...And a lot of rest!

Clarke123
January 22nd, 2011, 07:04
Sounds like Man Flu to me. You'll be lucky to survive the night. ;)

stansdds
January 22nd, 2011, 08:52
It does sound like the flu. Drink plenty of water, you don't want to dehydrate.

Curtis P40
January 22nd, 2011, 09:55
Sounds like Man Flu to me. You'll be lucky to survive the night. ;)

Sorry, had to laugh at that. Hope you get well soon and uh...keep it in Ohio:bump:

Hurricane91
January 22nd, 2011, 11:00
Sorry to hear that you are under the weather OBIO. I hope you get well soon.

John

Willy
January 22nd, 2011, 11:53
Sounds like what I had just before Christmas. Hope you get over it soon.

Roadburner440
January 22nd, 2011, 12:45
Hope you get better soon. I know I hate being sick.. Try taking some Vitamin C, and Zinc tablets.. Seem to help me ward off the worst of things. Although I still get the beginnings of stuff here and there.

brad kaste
January 22nd, 2011, 13:52
....A momentary sickness like this always puts the thought of one's mortality into his soul.....
(Hope ya' doin' better Tim......)

OBIO
January 22nd, 2011, 13:58
I am 99.9% sure that I caught this Crud from Glenn, my land lord, the other night as I was helping him move about his house. He's 82, has really bad knees, took a fall out by the mail box and has the Crud. I just got a call from Mrs. Land Lord and Glenn is in the hospital. His Crud got worse, much worse.

I will be going into town for a hot second here in a bit to buy some more OJ, some honey, and some tater chips....I know tater chips won't help me get better, but the sharp edges on chips...plus the saltiness...will help "scratch" the inside of my throat.

OBIO

Willy
January 22nd, 2011, 14:16
When I was sick last month, eating was the last thing on my mind and water was all I was wanting to drink. Never did snot up, just high fever alternating with chills and sleeping for the duration.

Navy Chief
January 22nd, 2011, 14:44
Obio,

I hope you feel better soon!

NC

OleBoy
January 22nd, 2011, 15:43
OBIO, I know just the feeling you're experiencing. Mine lasted for a good 3 days. One minute cold, the next hot and stripping clothes. There were times I had on a full hooded sweat suit under the heavy covers in bed. Chills like no other.

You'll get past it. Till that time comes, go with the flow of adding/stripping thing on and off to stay warm or cool. There were times I swear I could have planted my bare butt on the fireplace insert and not gotten warm.

deathfromafar
January 22nd, 2011, 15:52
OBIO, from the sounds of this, I strongly recommend you seek medical attention for evaluation and treatment. There's a new outbreak of H1N1 sweeping through many states right now. This may or may not be H1N1 but the weakening factor you mention and fever, you run the risk getting more and more dehydrated and you may end up needing IV fluids and other medications to stabilize your condition from getting worse. From 3 cases I have seen locally, it's nothing to chance with.

Please take care of yourself!

DFA

Willy
January 22nd, 2011, 16:03
OBIO, I know just the feeling you're experiencing. Mine lasted for a good 3 days. One minute cold, the next hot and stripping clothes. There were times I had on a full hooded sweat suit under the heavy covers in bed. Chills like no other.

You'll get past it. Till that time comes, go with the flow of adding/stripping thing on and off to stay warm or cool. There were times I swear I could have planted my bare butt on the fireplace insert and not gotten warm.

Yep, that's it. I was 4 days with it though.

whitehawk_2009
January 22nd, 2011, 17:47
In my parts there's a drink called 5-Alive. It's a mixture of orange, grapefruit lemon, lime and tangerine juice. Put that in with chipped ice and it's great for the sore throat from all that coughing.

WH

Jagdflieger
January 22nd, 2011, 18:07
Well, this looks like your payback for doing a good deed! No more helping the landlord.

wombat666
January 22nd, 2011, 19:03
Tim,
Really, you need to see your GP and get some Antibiotics, 'Keflex' for example.
:173go1:

norab
January 22nd, 2011, 19:07
I second the motion, see a GP and do what he (or she) tells you, I had symtoms like the ones you descrbe and it turned out to be an infection and I spent a week in the hospital on IV antibiotics

Kiwikat
January 22nd, 2011, 20:31
Sounds EXACTLY like when I had H1N1 in late 2009. I missed college classes and work for an entire week. Much of the time I barely had the energy to get up and walk to the bathroom. My temperature was in the 100's for at least 4 days straight. It was by far the sickest I've ever been. It hit like I ran into a brick wall too. The night before I felt like I had a little cold, but the next day it was awful.

Hope you feel better! Get lots of rest and drink as much water as you can. Blankets are good too.

edmoore235
January 22nd, 2011, 20:52
TIm, ya got my good prayer going your way, get well and stay well friend. Take care.

Ed

OBIO
January 23rd, 2011, 01:17
The swinging from hot to cold is gone...or at least no swings for the last several hours. Been drinking lots of fluids (water, OJ and super hot tea spiked with large amounts of raw clover honey). The chest congestion is beginning to break up a bit...my cough is getting wetter and I am bringing up more musus....clear, no signs of infection. My energy level is up...though I still am not back up to full charge. Going to swallow down a few spoons of honey, wash it down with a small glass of OJ and got back to bed. I have no idea how many hours I have slept the last couple days. Too many!

OBIO

stansdds
January 23rd, 2011, 04:25
Antibiotics are great tools, but they will not do one bit of good against a virus. They can clean out your colon and give you diarrhea, but that's not really a help now is it? Obio, sounds like you are on the mend and the virus is running its course. Continue to stay warm and drink plenty of water.

deKoven
January 23rd, 2011, 05:05
I tell ya, a number of years ago now I got that flu thingie. Never felt worse in my life. Same symptoms. After I got over it I made meself a vow; Never, NEVER EVER go without getting a flu shot each year. Have not had it since. And I don't miss; at my age there's nothing funny about the flu.

OBIO
January 23rd, 2011, 17:48
Getting better....more energy, headache is almost gone, body aches are almost gone. No coughing as much, but when I do it tends to bring up nice hunks of nasty lung goo....good clear stuff still, no signs of infection.

I am one of those people who avoid doctors and pills as much as possible...especially antibiotics. The overuse of antibiotics has lead to the development of much more dangerous bacteria that are far harder to fight due to them being resistant to antibiotics. Nature gave us a superbly efficient immune system, and I like to let it do its work. If I NEED antibiotics for a bacterial infection that my body can't handle on its own, then I will see a doc and get some...but I always give my body a chance to handle the fight on its own first. I do give it some help via increased intake of vitamins and minerals and raw clover honey (the absolute best curative substance on the face of the earth....bacteria, virus, mold, mildew, yeast, fungus...none of them will grow on or in honey).

I never seek out antibiotics for anything caused by a virus....antibiotics do not work on viruses. Viruses are neat....they are totally unlike any life form on the face of the earth. They do not eat, they do not breath, they do not reproduce. They are not really alive in the classic biological sense. They are super efficient little "machines" that invade the host cell, rip apart the DNA inside and use the DNA pieces to make full function copies of itself. Sort of like a robot walking into a junk yard and using scrap metal to make other robots like itself. And that is where viruses get tricky...they mutate! Maybe the virus runs short on one particular DNA sequence, so it uses one that is very similar....and the result is an entirely new strain of virus, an entirely new strain of disease. That is why there are so many strains of HIV...each requiring a different test to detect. The H1N1 virus...the DNA sequencing found in it is part human, part pig, part bird. No idea what the original virus strain was, but over the years, it has passed..thanks to mutations...from one animal to another to us...and possibly back to either a pig or a bird for additional mutations.

OBIO

Willy
January 23rd, 2011, 17:51
There's a difference between what I had and you have. I had absolutely no hint of congestion.

I've tried to tell Vickie numerous times that antibiotics don't work on viruses, but she's not buying it.

andersel
January 23rd, 2011, 18:56
Tim - Sorry to hear that you are o far under the weather. Hope you get better real soon but I have to agree with deathfrom afar that if you are so sick, maybe it's time to see your doctor. Get Well Soon LA

OBIO
January 23rd, 2011, 22:08
I am now well enough, can breath freely enough...that I can smoke an entire cigarette! Ain't that wonderful LOL! I couldn't breathe, but now I can...and I use my free flowing breathe to suck in carcinogens and tar and all kinds of other tasty crap. Go figure.

OBIO