PDA

View Full Version : Razbam screenshots......

Navy Chief
January 22nd, 2011, 06:03
Just a few screenshots. Although the T-2C Buckeye is the FS9 version, it still looks great in FSX!

Took off from Patuxent River in it. And the EA-6B Prowler is cruising over MCAS Iwakuni, Japan.

NC

delta_lima
January 22nd, 2011, 07:59
Two awesome models there for sure! The EA-6B is such a rewarding treat to bring aboard the boat ....

Say, I never did get the T-2's hook to work in FSX. Did you manage to get it working?

Thanks,

dl

Navy Chief
January 22nd, 2011, 08:12
Two awesome models there for sure! The EA-6B is such a rewarding treat to bring aboard the boat ....

Say, I never did get the T-2's hook to work in FSX. Did you manage to get it working?

Thanks,

dl

I have not, but when I get a chance to talk to Ron, I will ask him about it!

Pete

delta_lima
January 22nd, 2011, 08:24
Thanks. I remember him saying a while back that this would be addressed when the product would be "reincarnated" for FSX. I just wondered if someone knew something I didn't ...

looking forward to the fix ... or the new one!

dl

Navy Chief
January 22nd, 2011, 08:55
Thanks. I remember him saying a while back that this would be addressed when the product would be "reincarnated" for FSX. I just wondered if someone knew something I didn't ...

looking forward to the fix ... or the new one!

dl

Still trying to reach Ron. But here are a couple more shots.

The pilot's face is actually Ron's, and I am in the back seat! NC

delta_lima
January 22nd, 2011, 13:22
Still trying to reach Ron. But here are a couple more shots.

The pilot's face is actually Ron's, and I am in the back seat! NC

He's way handsomer than you! :-) :) Just kidding - I never paid any attention, to be honest. It's a gorgeous bird. Love all trainers, esp naval ones. If it can be fixed in the shorter term, that would certainly extend the life of an otherwise perfectly acceptable FS9 model. She's lovely. I just don't fly her much these days since she can't do CARQUAKs in FSX.

Here's the reference thread in question: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=41213&highlight=buckeye

Anyway - loads of good stuff happening at Razbam these days ... the glass is definitely more than half full! :)

dl

Navy Chief
January 22nd, 2011, 14:48
He's way handsomer than you! :-) .......And a lot younger too! I just don't fly her much these days since she can't do CARQUAKs in FSX. Wouldn't that freeware program, RBCO, make it carrier-ops capable?

Here's the reference thread in question: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=41213&highlight=buckeye

Anyway - loads of good stuff happening at Razbam these days ... the glass is definitely more than half full! :)

dl

At least I thought it would!

NC

Navy Chief
January 22nd, 2011, 15:14
Reading up on it, I am sure the RBCO program would work; I just don't know what the panel.cfg entries would be for it.

NC

delta_lima
January 22nd, 2011, 18:46
No NC, it wouldn't. Whether using RCBCO or regular FSX-A carrier functions, they both require there to be a hook - whether "real" or virtual. As you'll see in the post, I added in a hook line in the cfg so that I'd get a virtual (albeit non-moving hook) - no dice. Hence the question.

thanks nevertheless, mate!

dl

Navy Chief
January 22nd, 2011, 19:42
No NC, it wouldn't. Whether using RCBCO or regular FSX-A carrier functions, they both require there to be a hook - whether "real" or virtual. As you'll see in the post, I added in a hook line in the cfg so that I'd get a virtual (albeit non-moving hook) - no dice. Hence the question.

dl

Rats!

delta_lima
June 14th, 2011, 08:26
Hello Prowler,

Sorry to be a pain - just wondering if a working hook fix is anyway feasible for this lovely bird? This lovely bird is itching to do some carrier work ....

I know you're busy - just wondering/hoping. If not, I understand.

Many thanks either way:guinness:

dl

Cag40Navy
June 14th, 2011, 12:08
Hello Prowler,

Sorry to be a pain - just wondering if a working hook fix is anyway feasible for this lovely bird? This lovely bird is itching to do some carrier work ....

I know you're busy - just wondering/hoping. If not, I understand.

Many thanks either way:guinness:

dl

I can assure that it will not happen. Due to the FSX one being in development right now.

delta_lima
June 14th, 2011, 16:46
Well, I guess that's a bad news/good news situation :icon_lol:

I haven't been to the RAZBAM site for a while to get a sense of what their pipeline looks like - I'm guessing it'll be quite a while, given I saw mention here of the next project up being the Convair 200 series prototype fighter ...

Anyway - Thanks for the update - will definitely look forward to that.

dl

Cag40Navy
June 14th, 2011, 20:40
Well, I guess that's a bad news/good news situation :icon_lol:

I haven't been to the RAZBAM site for a while to get a sense of what their pipeline looks like - I'm guessing it'll be quite a while, given I saw mention here of the next project up being the Convair 200 series prototype fighter ...

Anyway - Thanks for the update - will definitely look forward to that.

dl

After the 201, the T-2 is next!

delta_lima
June 14th, 2011, 21:05
After the 201, the T-2 is next!

Sounds awesome!

thanks,

dl

Rich
June 14th, 2011, 21:40
I have added tailhooks to aircraft that never had them in real life to create a what if and they worked.

What is your tailhook entry ??

Check the aircraft.cfg for a Hydraulics entry, make sure it actually has pressure entered.

I do'nt have this aircraft so know nothing about it.

RCBO correctly setup should work too.

Rich

dl

delta_lima
June 15th, 2011, 11:26
I have added tailhooks to aircraft that never had them in real life to create a what if and they worked.

What is your tailhook entry ??

Check the aircraft.cfg for a Hydraulics entry, make sure it actually has pressure entered.

I do'nt have this aircraft so know nothing about it.

RCBO correctly setup should work too.

Rich

Hello Rich,

As you can tell from here, I tried all of that:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?41213-RAZBAM-T-2-Buckeye-FSX-Compatibility&highlight=buckeye

But I thought I'd try again ... and presto! So, Ron, take your time ... :icon_lol: - j/k

I have no idea why it didn't work last year - my aircraft.cfg must have had a typo somewhere...

Anyway - here's the shot. Nice form, if I do say ... :mixedsmi: I left in the status data on the top left - as a reference for budding fellow naval aviators / nuggets.

She's a fun old bird, that I'll enjoy happily until her replacement comes along.

dl

ps: for those wondering, here are my edits:

[hydraulic_system]
normal_pressure = 1000.000

[TailHook]
tailhook_length=5.32
tailhook_position= -12.66, 0.00, -2.57
cable_force_adjust=3.0

I lengthed the tail hook - was finding that on a flat approach, the hook would simply bounce up and off the deck with out engaging. That suggested to me that the virtual (functioning) hook was shorter than the visible/model hook. From my reference books on the T-2, and my own "eyeball" perspective, it also seems close. Main thing - it works.

[launch_assistance]
launch_bar_pivot = 6.433, 0.0, -3.822
launch_bar_lug = 11.423, 0.0, -7.0

The launch assist is way too much, and as with so many older, slower jets, getting launched at 200 kts over the bow is bit unrealistic. I compensate by having no throttle on launch - but it feels a bit silly. That's why the Etendard workaround that Sylvain devised is so brilliant for that plane - maybe a more universal fix with an editable launch speed function will materialize, without having to go the RCBCO route.

Rich
June 23rd, 2011, 18:48
DL, can you post a screenshot of this aircraft on the deck with hook extended please.

delta_lima
June 23rd, 2011, 22:19
No problem - except that I won't be back to sim PC till Tuesday.

What orientation do you want? I'll take and post on Tues night.

thanks,

dl

Rich
June 23rd, 2011, 22:41
DL, side on please, I think your tailhook may be to long and was before you lengthened it, I do'nt have the model so can't check.

Many thanks

delta_lima
June 29th, 2011, 20:45
Hey Rich ... didn't forget you .....

Here's the T-2 shot, as promised.....

Many thanks,

dl

ps: The only aircraft I'm having a bit of issue with is the Rollus (freeware) Crusader. Not an FAA type, of course, but she noses over hard (rear wheels off deck approx 2-3 ft). This is one plane I know I'm landing correctly, 130-135 kts at touchdown, lightly loaded, moving carrier, etc. Arrested landings are a bit more violent than they should be ... if you've any thoughts there, that'd be grand.

Rich
June 29th, 2011, 21:14
DL can you do a screenshot at same angle but on the deck with hook down please.

Rich
June 29th, 2011, 21:51
DL, re the Rollus (freeware) Crusader, I found 1 on flightsim.com that is supposedly FSX is that the one I did'nt get it as it is a large download is there another around ??? a look at the contact points in the aircraft.cfg via the view facility suggests the main gear settings need sorting out.

delta_lima
June 29th, 2011, 22:38
DL can you do a screenshot at same angle but on the deck with hook down please. I knew you would say that.... :) The hook retracts the moment that a/c touches down - won't extend on the ground-only in air. That's why I took the shot that way. May relate to the issue you suspect .... Sorry I can't do better.Yes, that is the F-8 in question. Very kind of you to look into it. If it's too much of a hassle, I understand.Best,DL

Rich
June 29th, 2011, 22:57
DL try the hook shot on a runway and extend the hook, at the moment it sounds as if it is to long/ hook attach point not correct, with a trike the visual hook should extend till the virtual hook touches the ground.

To check the hook attach point copy past this into your lights section make light xx the next higher number

light.xx = 3, , fx_navgre // Tailhook Att pt

copy paste your tailhook_position= settings from the comma after the three to the comma before fx into the above light setting, change the 0.0 which is left or right of centre to -2.0

if you get it right in spot view on the left side of the plane with your lights switched you should see a green light, this is the hook attach point

delta_lima
June 30th, 2011, 07:32
Will do Rich.

With both my b-day and Canada Day falling on the same day, I've got a pile of family stuff on the go - will try to get some time in the next day or so.

Clever idea. Will also do for the F-8, that may be part of the "bucking" problem.

best,

dl

fallenphoenix1986
June 30th, 2011, 08:26
Had the same problem with the Cruz, the first entry is original, second is what I'm using now and have no problems.

[xxxxxTailHook]
tailhook_length=6.47
tailhook_position=-21.05, 0.00, -4.10
cable_force_adjust=1.0

[TailHook]
tailhook_length=6.47
tailhook_position=-21.05, 0.00, -2.13
cable_force_adjust=1.0

Also, dont kow if you have them or not but here are useable lauch bar parameters:

[launch_assistance]
//supports FSX Acceleration AI carrier launch
launch_bar_pivot=8.0, 0.00, -5.2
launch_bar_lug =8.0, 0.00, -6.2

Craig

delta_lima
June 30th, 2011, 11:53
Had the same problem with the Cruz, the first entry is original, second is what I'm using now and have no problems.

[xxxxxTailHook]
tailhook_length=6.47
tailhook_position=-21.05, 0.00, -4.10
cable_force_adjust=1.0

[TailHook]
tailhook_length=6.47
tailhook_position=-21.05, 0.00, -2.13
cable_force_adjust=1.0

Also, dont kow if you have them or not but here are useable lauch bar parameters:

[launch_assistance]
//supports FSX Acceleration AI carrier launch
launch_bar_pivot=8.0, 0.00, -5.2
launch_bar_lug =8.0, 0.00, -6.2

Craig

Thanks Craig,

I used the launuch assist from another plane (can't recall which) - but I'm guessing this works better. More importantly, will try the new tailhook settings.

I hate the fact that the LSO rates me "OK" on landing, but the mechanics all joke about having to replace the nosewheel strut and tire on every single one of my landings .... :icon_lol:

best,

dl

delta_lima
July 2nd, 2011, 15:32
DL try the hook shot on a runway and extend the hook, at the moment it sounds as if it is to long/ hook attach point not correct, with a trike the visual hook should extend till the virtual hook touches the ground.

To check the hook attach point copy past this into your lights section make light xx the next higher number

light.xx = 3, , fx_navgre // Tailhook Att pt

copy paste your tailhook_position= settings from the comma after the three to the comma before fx into the above light setting, change the 0.0 which is left or right of centre to -2.0

if you get it right in spot view on the left side of the plane with your lights switched you should see a green light, this is the hook attach point

Hello Rich,

To keep this thread sorted, I'll reply on the "T-2 Buckeye FSX Compatibility" thread -

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/newreply.php?p=596178&noquote=1

thanks,

dl