PDA

View Full Version : Return of the Cannibal Queen

pilottj
January 22nd, 2011, 00:30
Hey guys, finally finished slaving away at this one for the GAS Stearman :sleep: It is not as exact as I had wanted due to texture mapping but I think it turned out ok. I hope it does justice to Bill Lyons FS2K Cannibal Queen gem and to the real Queen. I'll get it packaged and uploaded tomorrow.

Cheers
TJ

txnetcop
January 22nd, 2011, 03:52
Thank you that baby looks perfect! That was a great book by the way! Glad we have her in our hangers now!
Ted

Railrunner130
January 22nd, 2011, 04:53
Very elegant girl you've got there!

pilottj
January 22nd, 2011, 10:57
The Queen has been uploaded :)

dexthom
January 22nd, 2011, 12:53
Thanks, going for it now. One of my old favorites.

Crusader
January 22nd, 2011, 18:15
Thank you that baby looks perfect! That was a great book by the way! Glad we have her in our hangers now!
Ted

Thanks pilottj , Totally echo Ted's words here . I was hoping someone would do the Cannibal Queen . I am going to dig out my copy of the book by Steven Coonts then stick your paint on the old Stear and head for warm weather .:salute:

Thanks again ,

Rich

pilottj
January 22nd, 2011, 18:34
I hope you all enjoy the Queen. :) I am thinking of doing a silver AAF Stearman that would have been based out of Chino Cal Aero in the late war 40s(thats where my grandpappy got his wings) Does anyone have a good pic of a silver Stearman of that era?

Cheers
TJ

Spad54
January 27th, 2011, 09:52
Hey guys, finally finished slaving away at this one for the GAS Stearman :sleep: It is not as exact as I had wanted due to texture mapping but I think it turned out ok. I hope it does justice to Bill Lyons FS2K Cannibal Queen gem and to the real Queen. I'll get it packaged and uploaded tomorrow.

Cheers
TJ

You more that did justice to the earlier version. Is superb! Makes me wish we had developed a paint kit for it.

MarkH
January 27th, 2011, 10:58
Makes me wish we had developed a paint kit for it.

Hey, it's not too late... :)

Willy
January 27th, 2011, 11:33
For anyone that's interested in flying it, I'm attaching the Cannibal Queen route in a text file. Merc Air's Flight 19 flew it online a few years ago and I kept the route file for future reference.