PDA

View Full Version : FSXover and out

b52bob
January 21st, 2011, 17:54
Since I reinstalled FSX three months ago, I can no longer run ANY mesh, including PNW and UTX. All ground textures except for airports and some houses, turn to green pea soup after about 3 minutes. I have tried everything, installing and reinstalling, repair of FSX and acceleration, placing all the sliders to the right, taking out scenery add-ons, etc. FSX ran great with all the add-ons before the reinstall and it runs good now if I don't use any 3rd party mesh. I just miss my UT a great deal!
It probably was my fault as I didn't know about Nick's excellent installation procedure (I did not run FSX between installs of FSX and acceleration).

Enough Boo-Hoo's from me. What I am looking for is the correct procedure to uninstall FSX. I understand it involves some registry work and I think I remember someone giving a web page to do it right.

Thanks for all your help
Bob

peter12213
January 21st, 2011, 18:14
Fried graphics card sounds like!! me too until I got my new system, in the end my comp litterally blew up I'm sorry to say but you've Maxed out and need a new card I'd say at least 260GtX quad is the way forward new mother too, this is my aciulies (spelt wrong) heal my mother is really awkward foxtron destroyer, ask Ted he's the best man to ask! The man is not only one of a kind friend at Soh but he's also a computer genious!!!

peter12213
January 21st, 2011, 18:16
I hope you get fixed soon too I forgot to say!

b52bob
January 21st, 2011, 20:09
Thanks for your reply.

I thought it could be the graphics card also even though this happened only when I reloaded FSX. I bought a new 460GTX and it didn't make a difference.

Z-IanMCD
January 22nd, 2011, 01:12
Since I reinstalled FSX three months ago, I can no longer run ANY mesh, including PNW and UTX. All ground textures except for airports and some houses, turn to green pea soup after about 3 minutes. I have tried everything, installing and reinstalling, repair of FSX and acceleration, placing all the sliders to the right, taking out scenery add-ons, etc. FSX ran great with all the add-ons before the reinstall and it runs good now if I don't use any 3rd party mesh. I just miss my UT a great deal!
It probably was my fault as I didn't know about Nick's excellent installation procedure (I did not run FSX between installs of FSX and acceleration).

Enough Boo-Hoo's from me. What I am looking for is the correct procedure to uninstall FSX. I understand it involves some registry work and I think I remember someone giving a web page to do it right.

Thanks for all your help
Bob

do you have ORBX stuff installed? If so, run the config utility of it and switch back to FSX textures and you should be fine!