PDA

View Full Version : OT...? for Painting and Texture Gurus...

Duckie
January 21st, 2011, 05:56
I could use some help, please.

I'm having a problem getting "Remove White" and "Eleminate White" plugins to work in PSP 9. I've visited Simmers Paint Shop and the PSP Users Group. I've read and done all of the suggestions and installation tips in those places without success. I use Paint Shop Pro V9.x which is in parcticality the same as V7.x just with a few additional inconsequential bells and whistles.

I continue to get the same error when attempting to use the PlugIn. "Unable to load the requested plugin filter Macwhite.8bf. The plugin may not be installed properly or may be missing files."

According to those forums, this error is fairly common but I've not been able to get any of the suggestions and recommended "fixes" to work.

Here's what I've done so far.

1. Installed "PlugIn.dll" in in both the root PSP folder and the Windows system folder.
2. Placed the Macwhite.8bf file in the root PSP folder and in PlugIns folder under the PSP root folder.
3. Pointed PSP Effects/Plugins to the Macwhite.8bf filter location.

Before using the file I duplicate the background layer, turnit off and change the duplicate layer name from "Background" to "Framework".

I then navigate to the PSP effects drop down, select plugins, filters, "Remove White". The program sees the plugin but when I select it I get the error I described above!

If anyone has any other tips or suggestions on how I might get this to work in PSP I would be extremely grateful.

BTW, my system specs are:

Intel I7 920
4 GB Corsair DDR2
Sapphire ATI HD 4870 Extreme 1GB
WinXP SP3

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Duckie
January 21st, 2011, 11:28
I figured it out. Thanks!

RobH
January 21st, 2011, 17:40
Glad you got it sorted out Duckie. Sorry, I had a long work day today.

Duckie
January 22nd, 2011, 06:15
Hey Rob, thanks for checking in. I can relate with the long work day. :salute:

Steve

Stratobat
January 22nd, 2011, 12:57
Hey Duckie,

Would it be possible for you to add the workaround to the 'Tips and Resources' thread?

Just in case someone comes across the same problem in the future.

Regards,
Stratobat