PDA

View Full Version : Fossett may be alive ...

Snuffy
October 1st, 2008, 09:58
An interesting discorvery just made ...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,431307,00.html

Thoe6969
October 1st, 2008, 10:34
I've allways kind of wondered about that same thing , would be sad if he faked it,knowing what he put his wife and family through.

Wittpilot
October 1st, 2008, 13:04
I have been curious to see if we would ever learn of his fate... Or will he go down in history as another Amelia, or DB Cooper??? It is surprising though, that in today's world, where I swear it seems we are sometimes so crowded on this planet, that something like this could happen.... where people could simply just never be seen again.... intriguing... I hope for the best, but doubtfull we will see him alive again.....

-witt

Trans_23
October 1st, 2008, 13:15
Not sure which part of that article would make you think he might be alive.

stiz
October 1st, 2008, 13:55
i highly dount he'll be found alive now (unless he really did fake it!)

allthough i do wonder, do you think he survied the crash, then after a while he tried to walk out?? (I cant see that he would have walked out straight away with his background) They also said animal hair was found on the cloths as well, so mabye an animal found the crash site ... and had a rumage if ya get my drift?

TARPSBird
October 1st, 2008, 13:57
Even though the tree growth in that part of the country is not as dense as in Southeast Asia (for example), a light aircraft could crash and go undetected for years. Look at the results of the search efforts for Fossett last year - didn't find him but several missing aircraft from years past were discovered. Forensic analysis of the stuff the guy found might provide some clues.

smoores
October 1st, 2008, 16:36
The fact that his sweatshirt was found separate of him in the mountains isn't a good hint of his survival.

lifejogger
October 1st, 2008, 18:35
Possibly he survived the crash and tried to walk out but did not make it.

luckydog
October 1st, 2008, 18:58
I'm glad the hiker had the ability to get GPS on the location.

I think they'll find the remains in a day or two.

demorier
October 2nd, 2008, 01:19
I think the Bermuda triangle has moved position.

stiz
October 2nd, 2008, 01:20
they've found wreakage in the area, not saying much more:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/skynews/20081002/twl-adventurer-wreckage-spotted-3fd0ae9.html

Railrunner130
October 2nd, 2008, 03:55
OK, assuming the conspiracy theorists are correct, I don't understand why he'd choose to crash in the mountains versus the ocean. A water landing is more survivable and harder to trace (providing a rescue boat/plane is nearby). That being said, I'm not buying the conspiracy theory.

Snuffy
October 2nd, 2008, 04:45
Not sure which part of that article would make you think he might be alive.

I didn't say I thought he was alive, I titled the thread "HE MAY" be alive ... indicating that there is still speculation.

I find it very curious though that articles of stuff like cards that should be carried in a wallet would be loose and floating in an environment, rather than the whole of the wallet being found.

Almost as if someone dug through the wallet and said, "well these are not needed or necessary any more ..." and tosses them. Though why, IF, he were alive he didn't process the documents in a camp fire is beyond me ...

And is there any clue that the sweatshirt appeared to be ripped from his body? IF not, that would indicate that someone took it off deliberately and left it.

I don't know.

cheezyflier
October 2nd, 2008, 04:49
he absolutely is alive, i saw him with elvis, shopping at target just the other day!:icon_lol:

Bomber_12th
October 2nd, 2008, 07:13
Reports are now saying that the wreckage has been confirmed to being that of the aircraft which Steve was flying, with no remains found.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/10/02/steve.fossett.search/index.html

MaskRider
October 2nd, 2008, 07:13
Search teams reached the wreckage this morning and confirmed it to be that of Fosset's plane.

JO_Wingnut
October 2nd, 2008, 07:18
The sweat shirt could have been in luggage or on a seat too, so you can never tell. I heard on the news this morning the wreckage was spotted approx 1km from the area the items were located. They could have been ejected when the plane crashed and blown in the wind. It has been around a year since he dissappeared.

WuhWuzDat
October 2nd, 2008, 09:42
Pictures of the wreckage: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1066253/Pictured-Wreckage-plane-flown-missing-adventurer-Steve-Fossett.html

Doesnt look like anyone walked away from this one...........

Snuffy
October 2nd, 2008, 10:02
Pictures of the wreckage: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1066253/Pictured-Wreckage-plane-flown-missing-adventurer-Steve-Fossett.html

Doesnt look like anyone walked away from this one...........

maybe crawled a good distance ... they haven't found any remains yet.

Lionheart
October 2nd, 2008, 11:09
I think... That if they dont find evidence of a person in the seat, a person doing damage to the instrument panel, etc, then I think (think) that perhaps the plane could have been put in auto-pilot and pointed at the mountains at a low alt. setting.

I believe its possible to set some AP's to work on a takeoff run (if the climb is minimised). Thus if one landed in the desert, got out, had everything set, then reached in and pushed the throttle in, the 'scenario' would be put into motion.

Just a theory...

And thats if they dont find body damage on the instrument panel.....

bluediamond
October 2nd, 2008, 12:32
More than likely he was some animals meal.

Michael

Bomber_12th
October 2nd, 2008, 12:51
Unfortunate as it sounds, I expect the same Michael. Even the officials pointed out that any remains within the cockpit would have likely been taken by animals within three or four days, and the wreck has been out there for over a year now, exposed to other elements of nature as well.

Willy
October 2nd, 2008, 13:30
From what I've read, the wreck is pretty much just small pieces from a high speed impact and there's no hope of survivability if he was still in the aircraft when it hit the mountainside.

luckydog
October 2nd, 2008, 14:50
Human remains found late today

Dain Arns
October 2nd, 2008, 14:51
Nobody crawled away from that. Sorry to be so blunt, but due to the fact it looked like there was some burning, and the severity of the accident damage, I suspect they may be sifting for his remains at this point. :kilroy:

At least everything will be laid to rest, and his widow will have closure now.