PDA

View Full Version : THE FSX PAYWARE FORUM HAS BEEN REMOVED...

Roger
January 20th, 2011, 12:35
...and all payware posts will now be in the main FsX forum. The special payware forum was required over the holidays for all the "Sale" stickies that were clogging up the main forum!
So devs post away:wavey:

IanHenry
January 20th, 2011, 13:20
Thanks for that.

Ian.

thunder100
January 21st, 2011, 01:34
Hi

that makes life easier-->THANK YOU

I think personally that this is one of the main strength of SOH and I appreciate it a lot

Roland

SirBenn21
January 21st, 2011, 01:38
Better. Thanks :salute:

stansdds
January 21st, 2011, 03:34
Yea! :jump:

Stickshaker
January 21st, 2011, 04:19
Good move!

imn2sims
January 21st, 2011, 12:05
Much appreciated!!

Scratch
January 21st, 2011, 14:24
Yay! Now show us some new upcoming greatness y'all:wiggle:

Deano
January 22nd, 2011, 08:01
why not just have freeware aircraft made as stickies on release to keep the numbers down, then all payware releases as normal threads to keep the stickies count down. I for one appreciate threads regardless if they're stickies or not

warchild
January 22nd, 2011, 10:47
Well, I for one ( knowing what goes into making an aircraft too at least some degree ) am always trying to find ways of highlighting any developer ( freeware or payware ). Yeah sure, its pretty much free advertisement, but I believe thats very important in this community since our entire hobby ( like most hobbies ) is based upon and progresses through new releases and discovered technologies..
Those things deserve to be highlighted in my opinion, and not just highlighted, but able to be referenced and found. Thats why i always championed the idea that developers post in the main forums, and have a second forum where forumites and guests could browse through whats been released; read the comments, look at the pictures, and use the information to make an informed decision about any pirchase they are thinking of making, or download any freeware that they may want..
As it stands right now, you will post to the main foeums and your hard work will be there for a few days, then disappear to the next page and be gone. I dont believe this to be an optimal arrangement.
Pam

ryanbatc
January 22nd, 2011, 11:53
Thanks!

Francois
January 22nd, 2011, 23:22
Well, I for one ( knowing what goes into making an aircraft too at least some degree ) am always trying to find ways of highlighting any developer ( freeware or payware ). Yeah sure, its pretty much free advertisement, but I believe thats very important in this community since our entire hobby ( like most hobbies ) is based upon and progresses through new releases and discovered technologies..
Those things deserve to be highlighted in my opinion, and not just highlighted, but able to be referenced and found. Thats why i always championed the idea that developers post in the main forums, and have a second forum where forumites and guests could browse through whats been released; read the comments, look at the pictures, and use the information to make an informed decision about any pirchase they are thinking of making, or download any freeware that they may want..
As it stands right now, you will post to the main foeums and your hard work will be there for a few days, then disappear to the next page and be gone. I dont believe this to be an optimal arrangement.
Pam

Maybe, maybe not.
On the other hand we all have our own forums AND the shops where our products are being distributed. Also, most readers here will also read other forums as well. So overall there should be enough customer facing opportunity to continue selling our products. ;-)

Quixoticish
January 23rd, 2011, 00:49
Please, keep the stickies and new aircraft announcements be they payware or freeware.

One of the main draws that kept me at SoH initially was the ability to quickly scan and see if anything new had been released and find out what peoples opinions were on the subject before purchasing.

warchild
January 23rd, 2011, 01:47
I'll always keep the stickies and do everything i can to help support all developers here.. I promise..
Pam

DennyA
January 23rd, 2011, 10:32
Thanks for desegregating the forum! Much better with everything mixed.

For what it's worth, I don't read other Forums, and with the huge mess of ported, repainted, and otherwise "not really new" planes posted to various sites, I rely on my fellow posters here at Sim Outhouse to highlight the new planes worth checking out.

And that applies to both freeware and payware planes alike! I certainly don't see any reason to treat payware planes like a stepchild and not give them stickies, as someone suggested. No reason to penalize people for trying to get some compensation for creating cool things that we want! :)

Anyway, looks like things are back to normal now, and IMHO the forum is strongest this way -- plenty of good discussion about all kinds of flight-sim-related topics, but an easy reference to what's hot right up in the stickies.

Daube
January 24th, 2011, 01:31
I agree with the comments above, it's much better.
And even if the sticky list can get sometimes a little bit long, I find it much more enjoyable this way :ernae:

Roger
January 29th, 2011, 02:44
I'm glad most of the members seem to like it.:wavey: