PDA

View Full Version : F7F in FSX?

Lateral-G
January 20th, 2011, 06:00
I know the F7F is beta and designed for FS9 but the read me from the file on flightsim has an FSX version with the appropriate cfg file.

I installed it into FSX and when when I tried to load the plane for a flight I received a "failed to load model" error.

I checked the file structure and everything looks OK...

any ideas?

-G-

peter12213
January 20th, 2011, 06:07
There's one at flightsim.com for fsx I haven't tried it yet but it may be worth a try!

Lateral-G
January 20th, 2011, 06:10
There's one at flightsim.com for fsx I haven't tried it yet but it may be worth a try!

That's the one I tried.............and I used the specific FSX.cfg file that came with it.

expat
January 20th, 2011, 06:42
Well, I have been drooling over and flying an eariler released version and it works perfectly in FSX SP2/Accel. "Failure to load error" may be a problem with an air.cfg entry. The model works in FSX.

To be clear, there is no FSX "version" per se (only an FSX specifc FM). But no one should hesitate to fly her in FSX -it is terrific.

Why not download the latest version uploaded right here at its official home, the SOH?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links_search.php?action=find&catid=-8

Let us know how you make out.

expat

bmd
January 20th, 2011, 07:57
Hello,

I have installed the F7F-3 in my FsX AEP DX9 Windows 7. I have used the FsX version of the aircraft.cfg included in the package. Everything work fine. A superb aircraft model in all aspects. Many thanks to the authors: Milton Shupe, Tom Falley, Paul Beaudoin, Richard Murray, Scott Thomas, Mike Wagner, Mike Zola, Franz Lowz, Gary Jones.

A virtual navy pilot should not hesitate a fraction of a second to download the Tigercat model.

Have a good day

Benoit

RKinkor
January 20th, 2011, 09:04
I know the F7F is beta and designed for FS9 but the read me from the file on flightsim has an FSX version with the appropriate cfg file.

I installed it into FSX and when when I tried to load the plane for a flight I received a "failed to load model" error.

I checked the file structure and everything looks OK...

any ideas?

-G-
Are you installing the 2 seat Night Fighter version? I am having a problem with that one. The aircraft will not appear if i use the included fsx cfg and airfile. Not sure yet how to fix it either. I will keep testing and repost if I find something. The standard single seat version does work fine on my machine as well. Beautifull models they are but they are a work in progress as well.

Barfly
January 20th, 2011, 09:21
I had the same problem... the fsx aircraft.cfg file is missing an entry on the texture line below. Add "3n" next to the blank "texture=" line and you should be addressing the graphic model, and the thumbnail pic should then show when selecting aircraft.

[fltsim.0]
title=F7F-3n SOH
sim=f7f-3n
panel=soh
model=F7F-3n
sound=
texture=3n
kb_checklists=
kb_reference=
atc_id_enable=1
atc_id=
ui_manufacturer=Grumman
ui_type=F7F-3 SOH
ui_variation=F7F-3n
visual_damage=1
Description=F7F-3n Two Seat Night Fighter
atc_heavy=0
atc_airline=Military
atc_flight_number=
atc_id_color=0x00000000
atc_id_font=Verdana,-11,1,600,0

Lateral-G
January 20th, 2011, 14:58
Problem solved.

I didn't have the installer package file in the aircraft folder......:redf:

LCBORDEN
January 21st, 2011, 02:58
on my version the Night version it would not load and I found that the texture had not been designated...i.e. texture=3n I just added the 3n and it popped right up... everything is great in FSX other than the switch panel they highlight as clickable but nothing happen..I just use key strokes to get around it. It is an excellent, fun, addition really amazing is it will only get better...

So go ahead and download and enjoy....Keep an eye out for Milton Shupe making any new progress reports and have fun. I know I am....Don't miss his AT-11 Kansas as well.

Ol'jarhead:wavey:

stansdds
January 21st, 2011, 03:33
Milton's F7F for FS2004 is still in beta, but the released beta versions will work in FSX and his F7F's have functioning virtual cockpits.

italoc
January 21st, 2011, 05:16
Hello,

I have installed the F7F-3 in my FsX AEP DX9 Windows 7. I have used the FsX version of the aircraft.cfg included in the package. Everything work fine. A superb aircraft model in all aspects. Many thanks to the authors: Milton Shupe, Tom Falley, Paul Beaudoin, Richard Murray, Scott Thomas, Mike Wagner, Mike Zola, Franz Lowz, Gary Jones.

A virtual navy pilot should not hesitate a fraction of a second to download the Tigercat model.

Have a good day

Benoit

Same with me: FSX Accel DX9
very good on all aspects !!!!
Italo

hschuit
January 21st, 2011, 07:31
Works perfect in FSX for me... got so enthousiastic about this that I added outside / VC camera views and GPWS :jump:

Attached ZIP contains textfile with the [GPWS] and [CameraDefinition.n] sections: 29071

Milton Shupe
January 21st, 2011, 10:33
My apologies for the slip up on the FSX aircraft.cfg texture= parameter. Tom had send an update and I failed to catch that difference.

Anyhow the standard FS9 cfg works fine and the only real difference is for the WEP handling in the Engine section.

And just for clarification, this is not an alpha or beta release. It is simply an interim release we threw together taking advantage of the RTWR package. Practically everything in this package will go away, be replaced. It is all very temporary.

Assuming that life doesn't change everyones plans, N2056 is planning to do a proper interior and VC, with 3D gauges, and the whole aircraft needs to be remapped.

So, this was just a quick and dirty, get something out for the RTWR, and then propagate those things to the other models, and boom, you have what we have to play with. ;)

Bruce Thompson
January 21st, 2011, 12:06
Thanks Milton this is a great aircraft to fly in FSX, lovin every minute, many thanks:applause::applause::applause:

stansdds
January 22nd, 2011, 03:29
My apologies for the slip up on the FSX aircraft.cfg texture= parameter. Tom had send an update and I failed to catch that difference.

Anyhow the standard FS9 cfg works fine and the only real difference is for the WEP handling in the Engine section.

And just for clarification, this is not an alpha or beta release. It is simply an interim release we threw together taking advantage of the RTWR package. Practically everything in this package will go away, be replaced. It is all very temporary.

Assuming that life doesn't change everyones plans, N2056 is planning to do a proper interior and VC, with 3D gauges, and the whole aircraft needs to be remapped.

So, this was just a quick and dirty, get something out for the RTWR, and then propagate those things to the other models, and boom, you have what we have to play with. ;)

Yeah, well, the quick and dirty is quite purty. :d

fliger747
January 22nd, 2011, 09:18
We broke the 300 racer and e 3N out of what was a pack with several dash 3 versions with thextures separately named. The texture did not Ned to be named 3G anymore in a separate issuance. Apologies for the confusion but our computers have a dizzying array of Tigercats at the moment.

Cheers. T