PDA

View Full Version : IRIS forums closed; anyone know why ?

Paul K
January 19th, 2011, 20:10
They been closed for at least a couple of weeks. Smudge, are you around ?

JayKae
January 19th, 2011, 21:03
I believe it had to do with spammers

warchild
January 19th, 2011, 21:04
It may have something to do with the major flooding thats been taking place in eastern Australia.. Thousands have been left homeless by it.. On the good side of things though, i did see David in reamspeak for a moment this evening and i know he is at least aluve.. I hope all things are well or at least reparable for him..
Pam

Smudge
January 19th, 2011, 23:10
They've only been down a few days...

Three things... :)

Spammers, an upgrade of the server and forum software and a restructure of the entire support system.

Forums should be up later today and I'll make an announcement on the IRIS site when they're up and regarding the new changes..

DB

Paul K
January 20th, 2011, 11:13
Ahhh, okay. Sorry, it seemed like a couple of weeks, such is my longing for Iris' forums. Glad to know you'll be back up soon.

TacomaSailor
March 21st, 2011, 22:08
I get the following message when I try to access the IRIS user forums:
The IRIS Forums are currently closed. For official product support please refer to our support ticket system at http://www.irisfss.com/supportticket/

When I try to enter the IRIS members section I get the following message:
This board is currently disabled.

I have six IRIS AC and two sound sets and would like to discuss problems with other users. Does anyone have an idea what is going on with IRIS?

When I try to review my open support tickets I get a message they are locked or invalid.

Yet they continue to sell software!

wombat666
March 22nd, 2011, 02:18
Re-register?
We have had a few recent instances of 'Local Flooding' but I'm pretty sure they are not responsible, unless David's ISP was effected.
I live not far from IRIS and we've had no problems despite the Southern Monsoons of late.
:kilroy:

Clarke123
March 22nd, 2011, 06:29
Re-register?
It won't let you. Just comes up with "The Iris forums are currently closed"

warchild
March 22nd, 2011, 06:54
I also get the forums closed message.. He's been working on a secret project over there and i know he just got all the pieces needed to finish it, so that may or may not have something to do with it.. I'm just not sure.

TacomaSailor
March 22nd, 2011, 07:39
I've sent an e-mail to support@irissimulation.com asking the same question I asked here but have received no reply

bmd
March 22nd, 2011, 09:08
I've sent an e-mail to support@irissimulation.com asking the same question I asked here but have received no reply

Hello,

I have done the same with the same result, no reply.

Hoping that nothing dramatic have happen there. Have a good day

Benoit

Paul K
March 22nd, 2011, 10:51
I have six IRIS AC and two sound sets and would like to discuss problems with other users.

Post your problems here. I've had their Vulcan from the day it came out, and a lot of people bought Iris products in their pre-Christmas sale. We may be able to help you out.