PDA

View Full Version : Hello again

Brainless
January 19th, 2011, 10:00
Hi guys

Just dropped by to say hello again. I haven’t been around for some considerable time due to so many RL commitments and no play time!!

Anyway I have had some really bad system experiences with my new (well new two years ago now) computer crashing on New Year’s day 2010 and again on Xmas Eve 2011. Makes you wonder if there is some inbuilt failure lurking in the wiring. I wiped everything having backed up the entire works and re-loaded XP from scratch but it still took me a fortnight to reload all the sims even with the backups. I couldn’t get CFS3 to run at first but I think I’ve got ETO 1.31a going now. Had some CTDs with the simply wonderful Sunderland from Beau Brummies site and then realized there were no weapons as Tk_gb_depthcharges were missing and I couldn’t find these anywhere so amended the config to load the AvHistory ones. A shame that site is no longer going as they had some great stuff but I guess things move on.

Anyway I noticed there is now ETO 1.4 and wondered how this is different from ETO 1.3. Can someone give me some pointers on that? I haven’t loaded it yet as I don’t know if it will run with the Firepower add-ons and SU aircraft etc.

Returning to the subject of weapons. Is there somewhere to go for a CFS3 weapons pack ?

I am still amazed at the quality of the cockpits and artwork available for the sim which must rank with the new stuff in anything available now even comparable to Wings of Prey etc etc. Given the age of the game and the limitations you still manage to bring it all to life in eye watering detail with some great aircraft not available in any other format I know.

I hope to have some play time soon to fly all these great planes again.

All the best

Brainless

grizzly50
January 19th, 2011, 10:29
Hi guys

Just dropped by to say hello again. I haven’t been around for some considerable time due to so many RL commitments and no play time!!

Anyway I have had some really bad system experiences with my new (well new two years ago now) computer crashing on New Year’s day 2010 and again on Xmas Eve 2011. Makes you wonder if there is some inbuilt failure lurking in the wiring. I wiped everything having backed up the entire works and re-loaded XP from scratch but it still took me a fortnight to reload all the sims even with the backups. I couldn’t get CFS3 to run at first but I think I’ve got ETO 1.31a going now. Had some CTDs with the simply wonderful Sunderland from Beau Brummies site and then realized there were no weapons as Tk_gb_depthcharges were missing and I couldn’t find these anywhere so amended the config to load the AvHistory ones. A shame that site is no longer going as they had some great stuff but I guess things move on.

Anyway I noticed there is now ETO 1.4 and wondered how this is different from ETO 1.3. Can someone give me some pointers on that? I haven’t loaded it yet as I don’t know if it will run with the Firepower add-ons and SU aircraft etc.

Returning to the subject of weapons. Is there somewhere to go for a CFS3 weapons pack ?

I am still amazed at the quality of the cockpits and artwork available for the sim which must rank with the new stuff in anything available now even comparable to Wings of Prey etc etc. Given the age of the game and the limitations you still manage to bring it all to life in eye watering detail with some great aircraft not available in any other format I know.

I hope to have some play time soon to fly all these great planes again.

All the best

Brainless

:kilroy:Brainless, I will try to answer your questions. So, welcome back. I am also quite sorry to hear about your computer problmes. My condolences.

1. Proper installation of CFS3 family.

A. Install CFS3.
B. Install CFS3 Updates 3.1 and 3.1a.
C. Install CFS3 Mission Builder (Optional).

Note: Be sure to Fly once between each installation of the Updates.

2. Yes, AvHistory is gone now. Not to worry, take a look here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=9 or http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=72

Yes, some of us put everything we had from AvHistory right up here on SOH. It's all still available, but it's here at SOH and not at AvHistory.

3. ETO is not compatible with a FP CFS3. Too much will be lost if you install FP into ETO or ETO into a Firepower install. Same as before.

4. ETO 1.40 replaces ETO 1.30 and ETO 1.31. However it can be installed safely over an ETO 1.30 or 1.31 install. It was made to do that. Just follow the READMES that come with the Install Pack. If you need any assistance, you know where to come.

Note: You still need a complete ETO 1.0 + 1.20 install before installing ETO 1.40.

Note: Because ETO 1.40 replaces both ETO 1.30 and 1.31, they have been discontinued and have been removed from the Aussiex site.

5. I am assuming that by "SU" aircraft, you are referring to SkyUnlimited. Should be no real problems there, but they will have to be modded to use the ETO effects.

6. As to CFS3 Weapons packs, there are a number of items right here at SOH, in both the CFS3 Achives and the New CFS3 Library. The last AvHistory Weapons and Effects are here, too. (see links above).

I hope this helps.:d

cjcz7
January 19th, 2011, 10:37
i am probably not the best person to comment on ETO, but anyway....
1.4 improves a great deal what already exists. several ETO aircraft never used to work with me but 1.4 fixed all that, there are some new flight models, more, revised missions, new effects (including a new headlight effect), some new aircraft including

new aircraft:
2 x B24D heavy bombers. 1942/43 period.
2 x B24J heavy bombers 1943/44 period.
2x Me109E Battle of Britain period.
1x Fw 190A-8 KG200 anti ship fighter. 1943/44 period.
1 x Defiant MkI day fighter Battle of Britain period.
1 x Defiant MkI Night Fighter 1941/42 period.
1 x Defiant MkII Night Fighter 1942/43 period.
1 x Do217J-1 night fighter 1943/44 period.
1 x Do217N-1 night fighter 1943/44 period.
1 x P51b Malcolm Hood version 1943 period.
1 x He162a Salamander 1944 period.
1 x Lysander MkI SOE 1941/45 period.
1 x Mosquito MkVI 1943/45 period.
1 x Ro37 ai 1938/39 period.
1 x SM81 ai medium bomber. 1937/39 period.
1 x FW190A5 night intruder 1943/45 period.
1 x Mosquito Night fighter MkVI 1943/44 period.
2 x Grumman GE-23 Delfins/ Pedro Rico 1937/39 period.
1 x Ju52 transport in Russian service 1943/44 period.

New vehicles:
ETO-Maquis_female
ETO-Maquis_with_lantern
g_halftrack_searchlight
g_mercedes
g_opelblitz
g_sdkfz234_night
g_sdkfz251_night
truck_dim_lights
w40_f_staf2_car_flashing
w40_f_staf2_car_night

new ships:
dr_g_f_lighter
SCW_Nat_Merchant
SCW_Rep_Cargo

at least, that's what the manual says!

cjcz7
January 19th, 2011, 10:39
about CFS3 weapon pack, dose anyone now if there is a freeware a-bomb with effects for CFS3, like the one in firepower.

Brainless
January 20th, 2011, 06:09
Thanks for the replies guys. All that info is really useful. I'll have to think about the ETO 1.4 install as I really don't want to lose the FP stuff. Maybe I can use the FP stuff in CFS3 and then the ETO
1.4 as a separate instal.

Anyway thanks for the heads up with all this.

All the best

Brainless